3x3 Comics Thread

Post 'em. Rate and hate.
Manga okay.
Some links:
>befunky.com/create/collage/
>neverendingchartrendering.org/

Attached: 3x3 - Comic Books.jpg (2204x3264, 2.56M)

Attached: it's too late, always has been, always will be.jpg (1470x1470, 303.37K)

>From Hell
Great choice. I've read it a year or two ago and it was a fucking journey, despite know what the big reveal was ahead of time. It may not be as easily approached as Watchment, but FH is definitely the better of the two.
If by some weird miracle Moore ever visits my shithole town, I'll ask him to sign my copy.

- - +
- + +
- - +
and i really wouldn't be against reading. Silver age Plastic Man, the Spirit, or Luther Arkwright. It's just I have tons of books already on my radar and i have a horrible deal where I keep getting side tracked by Red Sonja books.

Jack Cole's Plastic Man is golden age

>shit list
>keeps posting this same image even though nobody responds
shit thread

Can't make one right now but I like your selection OP

Gotcha

I flip-flop between which I like more with From Hell and Watchmen.
I think Moore's traveling days may be over.
Speaking of miracles, I aim to re-read Miracleman soon.
I get you. I still have a chunk of 2000 AD and Golden/Silver Age comics to go through.
I tried with the template, but that does just as well.
It's better if someone other than me makes these threads. I'm reading right now too, so I can't keep it alive all that well.
Thanks, mate.

Attached: 3x3 Template 1500px.jpg (1500x1500, 95.76K)

Dont know, but Hernandez means pretentious crap
Bacchus, Cerebus is good
Plastic man means you try to be edgy
Watchmen, standard but based
Daredevil? Good choice for a street level
Spirit really good
Luther Arkwright was not my thing, but good choice
From Hell is kinda good overal but meh in originality

New phone, new 3x3 and yeah I am gonna get shitted on by pretentious euro comic scrimblo bimblo lover.

Attached: E5A86D09-DF65-4D9C-8D48-7EA5CC82E7E2.jpg (1800x1800, 1.11M)

Post your one, user. Better to actually drum up some conversation rather than just being snakey for the sake of it then complain that no one on Any Forums reads or talks about comics.

extremely low effort collage

Attached: BeFunky-collage (1).jpg (3264x3264, 1.64M)

Attached: 20220129_133435.jpg (2880x2880, 1.38M)

Yeah, Moore's too old now, I keep forgetting. His works are so timeless that you wouldn't notice he was born 1953.
Moore's Miracleman is unironically one of the best superhero stories ever. Even if Gaiman never finishes his run on it, what Moore did had a satisfying conclusion. It was as close as he's gotten to potboiler pulp fiction until Neonomicon and damn what a wild ride it was.

Based except for daredevil.

3/3 Boney, Scroogey and Spidey Jerusalem
2/2 Earth pig and Ripper
picrel: 5 is The Swindling Indies, 6 The Incal, 8 Arzach, and 9 Stand Still Stay Silent

Attached: 3x3 co comic wip.png (1004x1004, 1.68M)

a subset of my 10x10 WIP, sort of alphabetical order

Attached: 10x10 co comic 2022wipj86.jpg (3018x3018, 3.02M)

We got a eurofag

Quick bump.

So?
Checked, btw.

natty bumppo

Not in any particular order.
I think John Barber's RiD is my personal favorite TF series, I especially like the political stuff - honorary mention to MTMTE and the original Marvel UK run by Furman, though.
Likewise, Denny O'Neil's GL/GA is a highlight, but I really like all the pre-Crisis Green Lantern comics, and I'm a big GL fan in general.
Elliot S! Maggin's comics are also a highlight of what they represent but I'm a big fan of Bronze Age Superman in general, more mature stories but still had the energy of the Silver Age.

3/3 Plastic Man, Watchmen, From Hell
3/3 Flash, All-Star Superman, Daredevil
3/4 for All-Star Superman, Bone, Animal Man. I didn't like Y: The Last Man.

Lots of stuff in this thread I don't know, I really appreciate recommendations.

Attached: topsters2(14).jpg (2018x1044, 699.73K)

bump

>From Hell is kinda good overal but meh in originality
How many Jack the Ripper + occult + conspiracy stories were there before it?

He's saying that because it's largely based on Stephen Knight's book Jack the Ripper: The Final Solution, which is about Jack The Ripper + occult + conspiracy.
It's also based on a lot of other books on the subjects it explores, such as Lud Heat and White Chappell, Scarlet Tracings, both by Iain Sinclair, a friend of Moore's.
What Moore does is weave a lot of the ideas from these and other books together, also bringing in some of his old ideas and applying them to an overall more adult work, giving characters certain voices, giving the story his own brand of dramatic flair, and Campbell brings it together and brings London to life with his scribbly yet matter-of-fact art style. There are probably a hundred or more books that can be linked to the final product.
I guess in terms of originality, it's not very original, but it's such a great comic in its own right I don't even care.
I'd like to make a thread on From Hell and see if I can bring up things not in the appendix or any website thus far, but I'll do that after I read it two more times.

Attached: trudging-through-the-grey-east-end.jpg (1065x937, 263.68K)

No order for these, but honestly it was harder than I thought it would be to narrow them down

Attached: 3x3.png (1500x1500, 3.73M)

Back for a bump.
4/7 Top 10, Astro City, ASS, DD
What's scrimblo bimblo?
5/7 Maximortal, Baker Plas, Cole Plas, Flex, Frank
I should revisit Ostrander's Spectre.
4/8 ASS, Bone, Punisher, Year One
I'll reread Life and Times after going through Barks' Ducks.
4/5 Leaning Girl, Tintin, Airtight Garage, Arzach
24/39
I need more euros.
Have you read the full Obscure Cities series?
The Tower is my favorite, even though Leaning Girl is probably the best one.
2/5 V, Maggin Superman
I really liked Adams' art on GL/GA, but I wasn't really entertained by its subject matter.
2/3 Berserk, Beautiful Darkness
Starting Moomins soon.

Love and Rockets is not all that pretentious. Especially after volume 1, it actually gets very unpretentious.
I used the image of Ghost of Hoppers because it's part of the Locas storyline, my favorite of the two.
Ghost of Hoppers is one of my favorite horror comics.
What's wrong with Daredevil?

Attached: goh 5960.jpg (670x1054, 204.19K)

bumb

>more euros
half of those aren't French, maybe a third are US
>full Obscure Cities series
I think all but the L'ombre d'un homme and the spin-offs:
- The Great Walls of Samaris
- Fever in Urbicand
- The Tower
- The Road to Armilia
- BrĂ¼sel
- The Leaning Girl
- L'ombre d'un homme (1999)

Attached: 3x3 co usa comics.png (902x902, 1.14M)

>L'ombre d'un homme
That one was alright. They're all at least interesting and have the amazing art.
I haven't read any of the supplemental stuff yet because of my poor French.
Daytripper was made by two Brazilians, but I guess it was an American publisher.

I don't have the perfect comic book. sometimes I can only like something about that story, but not everything. So I think this format is a limited way to express my taste

It doesn't have to be perfect, just a favorite.
What sort of comics do you like?

last bump

>L'ombre d'un homme
I'm reading it now. So far haven't had to resort to Google translate.

Attached: Les Cites Obscures - T07 - L'ombre d'un homme - 005.jpg (1920x2400, 1.02M)

Attached: Les Cites Obscures - T07 - L'ombre d'un homme - 006.jpg (1920x2400, 1.13M)

Attached: Les Cites Obscures - T07 - L'ombre d'un homme - 007.jpg (1920x2400, 1.19M)

>se fichent pas mal
means don't give a damn, apparently. I thought it meant "couldn't care about"

Attached: Les Cites Obscures - T07 - L'ombre d'un homme - 008.jpg (1920x2400, 1.09M)

Poorly written capeshit.

>that last panel

Attached: Les Cites Obscures - T07 - L'ombre d'un homme - 009.jpg (1920x2400, 1.09M)