Mad God

It's up again.
youtube.com/watch?v=hm0pR4ANVoM
Watch eet.

Attached: mad-god_poster_goldposter_com_2.jpg (546x800, 92.51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VOK4NtCkNGg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Too much poop for me.

The movie sucks ass after the first half. Its just gore for the sake of gore. By the trailer i thought it was going to be action - nada!

I wish the movie would have gone like this
>Assassin leaves the trapdoor and engages in a chase sequence involving the trains in the area.
>He then does what the other Assassin did
>He goes down, kills the spider monster, and proceeds to sneak through the surgery place before killing the Mad God.

I wish it had an actual director. I get the guy is good at special effects, but thats all he is. This might as well be a big portofolio

Honestly, I feel he has a bizarre obsession with killing off the protagonist. Look at his other works.

I mean, an action sequence and a more satisfying ending would work wonders

Junkhead is just this movie but somehow better and worse.

Anyone have a MEGA for Junkhead?

Holy shit thank you I've been trying to remember the name of that shit. I saw the YouTube short film so long ago but never got to see the full movie.

Extremely filthy, chaotic, rundown, broken and nasty worlds where nothing makes sense are very compelling versions of hell. I just wish this movie had a little more coherence.

same, saw the trailer like 10 years ago

Full movie is god knows where

I'd watch it theaters just for the first 28 minutes.

I wish he didn't get captured

I think if you go into this more as a weird experiential arthouse thing and not as some kino movie with a 10/10 plot you'll get more out of it.
Its just a guy who's a master at his craft making a bunch of bizarre dark visuals loosely connected.

He should’ve submitted it to the Oscars. It could’ve easily been nominated based on his name and it being stop-motion.

youtube.com/watch?v=VOK4NtCkNGg
Fuck now I wish they did this but with the Assassin and the Mad God.

>Its just gore for the sake of gore
>This is somehow bad
lol okay

Honestly, my problem is that they murder the MC and give us an unsatisfying ending.

Thats what I love about it, totally bizarre visuals for the sake of it

Bizarre visuals are nice and all, and I appreciate all the work that went into them, but it gets boring after a while when it's not tied to a good story.

Stop motion and visuals are really neat. I ended up skipping around though. Gets boring after awhile. Shots linger on certain scenes for way too long. Almost felt like he was purposefully stretching it out to met a certain length.

It's worse when you learn this took over 30 years to make.

Watching it right now, 49 minutes in and already kinda agree its gets bad after the 30-35 minute mark. Visuals aren't nearly as interesting as they were in the 35 minute timeframe, too many pointless scenes that drag on for far too long too. Could've cut out the majority of the scenes with the long nailed guy and would've made it a better experience.

Glad I got to see those first 35 minutes though, they were pure kino even if it did linger a lot (Not really a complaint since I want to linger on the cool shit). If they brought someone in to edit it down I would say it would be a much better experience

Honestly it should’ve just been about the first assassin. Have a bit more action involved as well just to liven it up a bit since like others have said, it gets stale in certain areas. I do love the idea of this one dude creating an army of assassins from scratch to oppose this unknowable evil though.

>Why yes, I enjoy the films of David Lynch, Jan Svankmajer, Andrei Tarkovsky, Alejandro Jodorowsky, and Luis Bunuel and I thoroughly enjoyed Mad God
>How could you tell?

Attached: gigachad arms.jpg (1571x1089, 194.08K)

It was making the rounds at inde theatres back in 2018, but I can only find it here...which I just now found. Use the mega encryption site
aHR0cHM6Ly85YW5pbWUuZ2cvd2F0Y2gvanVuay1oZWFkLkNWNDJaTmtmZjMv

Can you give a full link?

use base64 to decode it, I just came off a 3 day ban. I don't feel like doing that again

Sweet
Didn't know there was a full movie

Me either. I think it's recent, since imdb said it released oct 2021 and last time I searched for it, nothing came up.

is there really no legal way to watch this? is it looking for a distributor or something?

Junkhead has been quiet for years. So I don't know. I'd love to pay the guy, but he's fucking radio silent. I've even emailed him several times, but he's never gotten back to anyone that I'm aware of. He should start posting "making of" videos and start a patreon or something.

makes sense considering how much had to be scratch built and god knows stop motion already takes fucking forever. Great visuals, but not so much on the story telling or direction

The Assasin isn't meant to be strong, he's meant to get in and set the bomb to destroy the Mad God and its creations. And given that the Mad God has clearly developed not only some twisted manner of multiverse, but has completely preempted all of the COUNTLESS other attempts by previous Assasins to destroy it, it was incredibly unlikely that any one of them was going to succeed.

The plot is fairly straightforward, it's just weird.

I was able to watch it when a Hawaiian film festival allowed online tickets.

I'm not sure why people think more action would change anything when it's almost entirely the Assassin running away from the monsters and demons.

>30 years to make
Not really. Most of the film is live-action and a bunch of short-cuts to avoid showing animated characters.

I know, but it feels unbecoming of his name and the way he looks.
He looks like a steampunk version of Doomguy, so why not have him fit that role by making him kind of a badass?

Thought I was following the creators youtube, but nothing ever gets posted

I know, but I feel he should have fought. Like a stop-motion version of BLAME. That would have been sick.

I love all those directors but i didnt like mad god

We see the Assassin in comparison to the Alchemist and he's at least 12 feet tall. The fact that he still runs away and avoids the monsters should be telling. It's not that he's a pussy or weak, it's simply that the threat he's facing is directly unopposable.

I feel that they shouldn't have killed him off at least. I would have preferred it if the Assassin fought back and, through sheer determination and grit, actually succeeded in his mission because that would've been an incredibly satisfying conclusion. You know, this fucked up nightmare world finally being put to rest.
Bonus points if he killed the Mad God 1v1.

I mean, yeah, I know it sounds stupid and sensationalist, but I feel a chase scene involving the train cars and a couple fights would be nice.

That would be ideal but often artist (and only artist by craft) driven stories just want to subvert expectations or clamp so much ideas they forget what they were making in the first place.
I wouldnt be surprised if the first 30 minutes is what he first wanted to make and thought to expand it even more just for the sake of it

Even in that case, don’t capture him. Just let him detonate his bomb

Last I checked, yeah, They were working on the details on a Bluray release.

The Assassin was captured even in the original web series. He was always intended to fail.

Isn't it already kinda like BLAME! as is, just more visceral and nightmarish?

>10 minutes in
>dick pulling out of pussy footage
How is this still on YouTube?

to say that it took thirty years is kind of a misnomer.its more like thirty years of differant projects with the same loose narrative and theme melted into a super edit.

This feels like the ramblings of a schizophrenic man in the blandest of ways.

Well that was pretty neat until the guy gets captured. Most everything else was either way too drawn out or just straight up dull. All the segments with live action actors or psychedelic visuals did basically nothing for me. I kinda just wanted to see neat macabre stop-motion animation. Reminds me of whenever they'd do CGI in Netflix Dark Crystal and I'd just be sitting there thinking "this kinda sucks, I just wanna see the puppets more, man".

Attached: 1619461945087.jpg (390x380, 47.44K)

>get like 40ish minutes in
>skimming
>skimming
>fuck it
>turn off
What is this edge shit?

Shit (literally) movie that got a lot of hype because a famous special effect guy made it. It was also praised by guillermo del toro

What the fuck even is the story?

It stops being one 30 minutes in, the rest is just whatever he came up with.
In 20 years its going to be called "deep", mind you

"30 years" to make huh?

Just finished it and this movie felt like how when people say "We're just a speck on the Timeline", this whole movie was nothing.

I mean I don't have the patience for stop motion but even I could make something more meaningful.