Why France excels so much at comics and animation...

Why France excels so much at comics and animation? Their creative and cultural production can stand their own against Japan and the United States, and in some cases, surpass them both.

Attached: b6971c704.jpg (742x489, 130.42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gPxju-tqRoI
boards.fireden.net/co/thread/125471388/#125481434
discord.gg/3S82FquA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Not interested in cuckshit culture sorry

Me gusta bellybuttons

Its because
>baguettes=power
>no baguettes= no power

because we're gay and horny basically

Attached: 1640991171453.gif (540x300, 1.34M)

It's because of French diversity and not being totally stupid about race

inb4 Arkino is inevitably brought up

Best art in the world for comics (also Belgium), but boring stories. When it isn't boring it's big hit like the classics, The Incal, and Blacksad, even if they don't have the greatest writing.

>the authors divorced during the pandemic
>the likelihood of a proper ending is slim to none

A-at least Delaf is working on a new project.

Attached: AD15EC9B-2279-468C-99D6-9AEA7CA130A0.jpg (600x705, 21.22K)

Country Tier List by Animation
- Hungary
- Soviet Union (pre-1993)
- France
- Ireland
- Japan
- United States

Political, I fucking hate Hungary

Attached: Az_Ember_Tragédiája_2011_Poster.jpg (1240x1772, 449.07K)

1) French culture is one of the most advanced in the world, alongside Germany (and I'm not kidding)

2) An old, gigantic and well respected comic book industry (Asterix, Tintin, Titeuf, The Incal, countless others) where people INVESTED ACTUAL MONEY and GAINED SUCCESS

2) Unlike Germany or the Uk they actively tried to build a competing entertainment industry that didn't rely on the United States' shoulders (all European children's animation, from Caillou to Babar, and auteur stuff like Kirikou,
The Triplets of Belleville)

3) A gigantic video games industry (Ubisoft) with a long tradition of 3d animation for games (Rayman, Starshot) and even 3d animated cartoons (Insektors)

French comics and animations have always been bustling and growing steadily, it's a mystery how and why they are ignored by the "America + Japan" cultural duo.

Tacking it up your ass increases your IQ thing is it only increases your IQ by 0.00000001% each time

>Tintin
Belgian.

>Titeuf
Swiss.

>Caillou
Canadian (and they should all be ashamed).

>it's a mystery how and why they are ignored by the "America + Japan" cultural duo
It's because the United States has global cultural hegemony and Japan has a very loyal global subculture.

Their culture values art and artists, where Anglo culture is actively antagonistic towards them. While also ravenously consuming everything they create.

It's because when you loose an eye the other eyes capabilities increase 3 times to compensate

France also gives students funds to buy artist stuff like drawing supplies and most of them spend it on comics

>Eating shit, spying on your neighbors and playing forklift simulator all day is advanced culture now
>Fucking Ubisoft
Well 7/10 you got me

unironically though, it's because the state helps the industry through the CNC and regional financings. It makes liberals seethe but it's the only way to compete with triple A holywood prod

Italian > Scandinavian > belgian > swiss > spanish > french > german > Dutch

In terms of what?

Name 5 good French cartoons of the last 10 years. You can’t

I want to be a comic artist and I'm from a third world shithole. Should I move to France if I want to advance further and publish my own BDs?

No one can really do the same with the US, either.

lastman
les grandes grandes vacances
arcane
Dragons et Princesses
Les Kassos
Ernest et Célestine

>Arcane
American cartoon with Chinese money

Comics

big copium if you think the US could ever pull something that good alone

Anyone?

Culture wise, they see the creation of art as productive.

Not the place for it, hon.

Franco-belgian comics are better than Italian ones.

So where do I go then? I like BDs a lot. My favorite are Tintin, Asterix, Lucky Luke, Blake and Mortimer and Spirou.

Why are you asking this question again?

Move into a first world shithole, obviously.

holy shit, that lools cool af. I hate hungary too but blows everything else at the water. Le sigh

Scandinavian here, what great comics do we have?

Stay where you are and become the big fish in a small pond.

Not him. All I know of is Jason.

Attached: hey_wait_jason_back.jpg (450x622, 103.91K)

You guys are giving me different answers.

You made this thread, right? I honestly can't tell if this is some really unfunny bit you're doing or if you're just retarded.

I didn't make that thread lmao, what are you talking about?

This guy did the cover of a Jack Kerouac book, seems like a fun cartoonist. who is it?

John Arne Sæterøy, aka Jason

Attached: 81Ks3nt8KyL.jpg (1694x2531, 300.22K)

The second user was right. Become big wherever you are now. This will get you noticed by French/Italian/Spanish publishers who'll want to license your most recent, most popular work. If they really do and if they really start to sell it, only then will you have any chance of getting a contract with them.

Nice.

>cuckshit culture
Yes I hate american "culture" too.

Both are shit

>both
cringe ESL

>I fucking hate Hungary
Why?

Blacksad is made by Spaniards, but published by the French.

Please wait more than a week before reposting your threads.
>advanced culture (of car burning and industry lobbying)
>having been successful = they're successful
>no US reliance (as if other countries started that way, even the UK originally worked with Euro studios or imported Canadian over American)
>Any ForumsIDEOGAYMES ARE Any Forums, I LUV ASSCREED AND MARIO RABBIDS AND FARCRY >even Rayman is 2D and starved of budget now
You should probably point out the actual reasons as to why the French saw success rather than point at old popculture and say "Yeah I guess Rayman and Tintin and stuff was popular, so that's why France is so good at it" like some survivor bias dolt.
>it's a mystery how and why they are ignored by the "America + Japan" cultural duo.
Simply because this part of the internet is dominated by American weebs. Which two countries' output would American weebs care about the most? The only French things that get mentioned here are the most Americanised and Animefied French productions you can find, no-one here cares about chef culture, Paris, agricultural idylls, Napoleon and vespas unless it's turned into an anime girl or beanmouth boy.

Attached: frog inferiority.png (1848x423, 53.46K)

You literally only look at the good comics and cartoons.
You choose to completely ignore all the bad ones.

youtube.com/watch?v=gPxju-tqRoI

Lose weight and your virginity

What ever happened to the anons with the discored that were going to scanlate this? Any links, I might see if I can salvage it if they've abandoned the project.

Danke

they made some cartoons with hot chicks so now Any Forums worships them

Read the Ogre Gods.
French comic.

Attached: ogre_gods.jpg (2399x3075, 1.36M)

Not trying to throw shade at the frog bros, but besides Miraculous, I don't know any French comics or cartoons.

Attached: 1625954662679.jpg (900x1038, 406.26K)

check those maybe

This shit was so good, RIP Hubert, he was only 49 when he took his own life, pretty sad.

French people have always been pretty good at making their shit unique at the very least. It's up to you if you like it, I personally feel like it's mostly garbage but the occasional masterpiece makes it worth trying to find it.
I feel like since their entire culture is pretty much rooted in not being like other people, they're not afraid of taking risks and making weird shit that only the Japanese would really try.
Take Code Lyoko for example. It's a mixture of 2D japanese style animation, with a lot of influences from the slice of life and shoen genre. But it uses early 3D to match the theme of it taking place in a digital reality. They said in an interview that they came up with the animation concept first then made up a story to fit the theme and I think that's pretty remarkable. Not many western animation studios would green light a production based on the animation tech rather than the marketability of the characters or merchandising potential.
I really liked it as a kid, but looking back it's pretty schlock. But it's still a cool example of Frogs picking one idea and pushing it as far as they can run with it.

Attached: codelyoko.jpg (780x1170, 132.17K)

why do you keep making these threads

>it's a mystery how and why they are ignored by the "America + Japan" cultural duo
But they're not, Franco-Belgian comic are HUGE worldwide. Prior to the MCU, more people knew about Spirou than Iron Man.

Pondus
Kollektivet
Rocky
Arne Anka
Valhalla

It's a shame that Franco-Belgian comics are a lot harder to pirate than American comics or Manga, so even if you know French, if you live in America it's hard to gain access to anything that isn't Asterix or Tintin.

>Electric City
>Mao Mao: HoPH
>Motorcity
>All Hail King Julien
>Green Eggs and Ham

Attached: ruffles.jpg (1080x1080, 116.82K)

Is this going to become a weekly shitflinging thread? Why is it posted so often?

Attached: sakurafish.jpg (680x722, 54.2K)

It's just as easy.

Because you don't want to accept the truth. The French are superior in every way.

I have no problem because I speak Spanish and a lot of Franco-Belgian stuff is translated into Spanish, which then is posted in blogs and websites for people to download.

Just google the name and add "read online" afterwards. That's usually enough for the most popular scanlated stuff. There's forum too for this stuff or you could just search archives for comic dump threads.

Attached: RCO056_1583398226.jpg (1113x1600, 498.05K)

Where's this from?

>gives students funds
so does Italy since 2016 (18app), and now Spain (400 Euros).
I posted this last year, about Hot Paprika being eligible for the bonus: boards.fireden.net/co/thread/125471388/#125481434

Attached: hot paprika eligible for 18app bonus.png (992x643, 254.95K)

imagine your taxes going to pay for a fucking art student. lol sucks to be a euro

The discord looks dead since August 2021, but here's a 7day discord invite: discord.gg/3S82FquA
It has links to all the blanked pages and all the English translated text. Just needs typesetting.
It would do better on plus 4 chan's /coc/ - Projects I think.

Attached: College Noir Ch1Page2v2.jpg (1700x2361, 2.96M)

looks like Freaks' Squeele
page 10

Attached: Le College Noir english draft translation Ch1Page3v1.jpg (1700x2361, 2.92M)

But they draw fapbait bro, totally worth it.

That's all it takes.
US should know this.

It still has an edge. but the influence of cheap anime is bad.