Kyle time

She-ra Kyle-man best boy fancomic storytime thread.

Attached: ThatsHim.jpg (232x266, 33.7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/user/kyleanon/posts
imgur.com/gallery/KlTVtUE
imgur.com/gallery/fMADP0y
imgur.com/gallery/0lWKUiG
imgur.com/gallery/oRYw7Wf
imgur.com/gallery/RVzNNrP
imgur.com/gallery/VUJTc3r
imgur.com/a/3sjD3ga
imgur.com/gallery/T2Gat8C
imgur.com/gallery/XHKYUMM
imgur.com/gallery/759Ve6X
youtu.be/nsgHyzwmbnQ
mobile.twitter.com/hobbitgay/status/1348743155273801728
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is kyle user here, with the comics?

For the kind anons asking about where I've been hosting the Kyle Saga comic I've been storytiming in past threads. I finally fixed the imgur for real this time. I think. Hope it works.

imgur.com/user/kyleanon/posts

In case it's still iffy somehow, I'm also posting the chapters as individual links too.

Attached: HEYEYEYEAYAYAYA.jpg (1280x1034, 135.69K)

Anyway here's the individual chapters with very accurate titles. Last chapter was left unfinished since I've been extremely busy. The lore will continue an dpieces are being set up. Since the chapter after this one is one will be intense again. We are gearing towards the end of part 1.

Chapter 1: Kyle gets cuckedimgur.com/gallery/KlTVtUE

Chapter 2: Kyle beats up his teacher
imgur.com/gallery/fMADP0y

Chapter 3: Kyle gets extremely high
imgur.com/gallery/0lWKUiG

Chapter 4: Kyle gets adopted
imgur.com/gallery/oRYw7Wf

Chapter 5: Kyle tries to punch a girl
imgur.com/gallery/RVzNNrP

Chapter 6: Kyle is bullied by a kid
imgur.com/gallery/VUJTc3r

Chapter 7-1: Kyle finally wins and then dies
imgur.com/a/3sjD3ga

Chapter7-2: Kyle gets a ride
imgur.com/gallery/T2Gat8C

Chapter 8 p1: Kyle ruins Lonnie's career.
imgur.com/gallery/XHKYUMM

Chapter 8 p2: Kyle comes back from the dead just to ruin Lonnie's career again.
imgur.com/gallery/759Ve6X

Chapter 9 p1: Kyle gets called a manchild
(Not up on imgur yet so here's the link to the past thread)

Attached: CharacterGuide.jpg (912x1280, 199.74K)

I'll start with a little recap of the end of ch9 Part 1 for the sake of context

Attached: Kyle213.jpg (968x1280, 205.58K)

Attached: Kyle214.jpg (968x1280, 241.5K)

Attached: Kyle215.jpg (968x1280, 236.46K)

Attached: Kyle216.jpg (968x1280, 259.68K)

*The Eye of the Tiger*

Attached: Kyle217.jpg (968x1280, 240.14K)

Attached: Kyle218.jpg (968x1280, 213.05K)

Attached: Kyle219.jpg (968x1280, 234.95K)

>Kyle started just purely as a joke. I think at the time when I was developing the show, there were a lot of characters who were sort of very boring “every men” who tended to take the spotlight from people who seemed like they maybe were a little bit more suited for the role, who was usually a female character.-Noelle Stevenson in some interview

Guess Kyle's poor self image makes him believe the same about himself.

Attached: Kyle222.jpg (968x1280, 276.07K)

Attached: Kyle223.jpg (968x1280, 255.19K)

Oh, user, how's your injury doing? Is it better?

Attached: Kyle224.jpg (968x1280, 269.72K)

Attached: Kyle225.jpg (968x1280, 257.11K)

Attached: Kyle226.jpg (968x1280, 285.03K)

King Jared is a character from the original show that is only mentioned in a story Bow tells to some kids.

We don't even know how he looks like, but he sounds like one hell of a cool dude so I wanted to implement him in this story.

Attached: Kyle227.jpg (968x1280, 281.03K)

Attached: Kyle228.jpg (968x1280, 238.06K)

Love your art user!

What's your inspiration for that mural about J red?

Are Kyle and Rogelio still boyfriends in your comic, Kyle user?

Alright we are back to were we left off last thread!

Attached: Kyle129.jpg (968x1280, 225.62K)

Yes

Considerably better. Still can't sit in a couch for too long, but I can actually sit down and draw for longer.

Aw thanks!

The murals from the show mostly, which seems suspiciously similar from the ones from Steven Universe...
Jared's look is meant to slightly resemble Kyle. He's not a typical muscular MotU hero. I don't think they are related tho

No. A big theme in the story is Kyle learning to move on from his experiences at the Horde and meeting new people. I don't know of he will have a new relationship or not.

Those giant bugs from the SPOP episode "White Out"

What's the deal with them? The show disn't explain much so I'll try to do it myself.

Attached: Kyle230.jpg (968x1280, 215.56K)

Why were so many of the FO creatures insectoids? Was it an Eternian thing?

Well Jared was maybe a tech autist who really loved bugs. I'll go with that.

Attached: Kyle231.jpg (968x1280, 248.36K)

Seriously those things were fucking massive. All the Horde and the Best Friend Squad could do was run from them. Adora was high as a kite from a corrupted sword so we never saw She-Ra take one, and the giant bug wasn't defeated, he just decided to leave.

Are they most OP creatures in Etheria?

Ok back to storytime

Attached: BFG.png (1077x751, 419.62K)

The monster guarding the Heart of Etheria is more eldritch calamari than insect. I'll just go with the First Ones trying to create their own guardian to guard their weapon by using Jared's blueprints and creating some abomination in the process.

Jared must have been rolling in his grave.

Attached: Kyle232.jpg (968x1280, 262.7K)

Attached: Kyle233.jpg (968x1280, 199.33K)

Personal headcanon is that two of the First Ones really liked their Warhammer 40k equivalent and this is a fraction f one of their armies. Somewhere else you’ll find a giant barren battlefield and an army of robot space marines for their matches

I sometimes listen to certain music while drawing or writing. Te set a "mood"

Sometimes even inspires a whole chapter.

youtu.be/nsgHyzwmbnQ

Attached: Kyle234.jpg (968x1280, 301.75K)

>So it was a little bit poking fun at that trope. Like, in any other story, Kyle would be the one who finds the sword.-Noelle Stevenson

In the end Kyle didn't find a sword. He earned it instead.

Attached: Kyle235.jpg (968x1280, 272.72K)

The "sorceress" gives her champion the sword. Like the stories of old.

Attached: Kyle236.jpg (968x1280, 209.26K)

>poking fun
More like venting noelles unbridled rage and penis envy at white men through a punching bag proxy character, no doubt

Attached: 98579F0D-0583-45E4-9D8B-23F093F9CF75.jpg (1280x2520, 592.03K)

Ooh boy we're back.

The Oracle started as a funny twist and then quickly became a wholesome character (). That's what I call a good expectation subversion.

Attached: my man.jpg (828x818, 75.52K)

The power feels pretty dang good.

But is it really the sword doing this?

Attached: Kyle237.jpg (968x1280, 172.37K)

Bruh, you're making me tear up. I'm proud of this boy's growth.

Need to take a lunch break but I'll be back later with the rest!

Attached: HEYaYaYEAYYEAYEA.jpg (1268x1086, 97.91K)

Attached: 1627827284354.gif (326x250, 290.58K)

I was going with a "subverting expectations" theme for this chapter. But mostly it's Kyle's expectations that get subverted in a positive way.

He was expecting the sorceress to be young and beautiful while he was afraid of said sorceress expecting someone more "spop protagonist" like Adora, Bow, Lonnie, etc.

As the pages go on the sorceress looks less ugly, and more like a kind grandmother Kyle never had.

Subverting expectations is fine when done in a way people didn't expect, but is still satisfying. Except so many movies and series seem to do it in a very cynical or unlikeable way and for the sake of usually cheap shock-value to increase their media going viral.

Attached: beauty.jpg (485x388, 39.74K)

Kyle get a new cute animal friend.

He sleeps with Scruffer when he's out, so he's bound to get fleas. Probably smells like a dog too. Not that he cares.

Attached: Kyle238.jpg (968x1280, 283.33K)

Expectations continue to subvert

Attached: Kyle239.jpg (968x1280, 274.38K)

Season 5 isn't the end. It was just the beginning. Out of the dark age we go.

I like to imagine everything that happened in SPOP came off as a sort of end of the world scenario to many etherians. Kingdoms were devastated, reality collapsed at some point and no one really knew why. A guy with a god complex came from the beyond the stars.

Attached: Kyle240.jpg (968x1280, 230.57K)

Kyle still has his most difficult challenge ahead.

My first idea for Kyle meeting the sorceress would be him finally learning he's fulfilling many signs of a messianic figure. Prophecy and all. Bit more straightforward.

but it's more interesting if he actually is not fed this information outright but just handed the tools as a puzzle to solve instead. If he really is meant to be this champion, he will have to figure out the rest instead.

Attached: Kyle241.jpg (968x1280, 189.81K)

Attached: Kyle242.jpg (968x1280, 200.35K)

Well Korg did briefly join forces with the Horde in the original She-Ra

Attached: Kyle243.jpg (968x1280, 314.71K)

Maybe one day Kyle will be more mature to handle a relationship. For now, he has to work on himself.

Attached: Kyle244.jpg (968x1280, 267.19K)

Kyle is a lucky guy.

Attached: 1593609751092.jpg (789x1242, 97.44K)

I spoilered last pic by accident. Whoops

So the dimension of despondos is supposed to be a dark empty place. No stars, or other planets. So having a starry sky after a 1000 or so years must be quite impactful.

Attached: Kyle245.jpg (968x1280, 214.81K)

Nice. I always preferred the Chosen One trope being about "this guy has the potential, but there's nothing preventing him from dying stupidly or taking a turn for the worse", instead of everything being set in stone.

It's the background dog gang from the Crimson Waste. They had no names but I just called them The Rover Boys.

I guess the background Frog's name could be Slippy-Dee or Pepe or something.

Attached: Kyle246.jpg (968x1280, 223.76K)

I was also thinking of The Dober-Men and the Dober-Boys.

I really like that Chuck Jones short.

Attached: CrimsonWasteDogs.jpg (1024x576, 43.56K)

Kyle's burnt scars healed well due to twigget magic I guess. Lonnie's injury from Scruffer tho

Kyle's picture looks like his original She-Ra self. The idea of the neo Horde getting pwned by someone with such a babyface is just amusing.

Attached: Kyle247.jpg (968x1280, 228.68K)

Nice He-Man reference.

The babyface in question. I don't think Kyle looks like a literal child. I just wanted to sneak ina reference.

I put Kyle at 20 in this story since his age never confirmed but it's similar to Adora and Catra, but he does looks younger by the fact fans often describe him as a kid.

Attached: Kyle-1.jpg (360x360, 17.29K)

Lonnie hits where it hurts.

Gambling is kinda illegal when I live so... write what you know I guess.

Attached: Kyle248.jpg (968x1280, 247.04K)

I like even their former commander looks a little weary of this idea.

Rogelio's look make sense but its Cobalt's look that give the impression; 'yeah this might just be a bad distraction'.

Yeah. Neither Cobalt and Rogelio are trully on board. Lonnie is becoming more focused on getting back at Kyle than bringing order and structure to the region as originally planned.

Ironic, she's picking up traits similar to Catra when she was in charge. Someone she hates.

So is this an AU? Or are the events of She-Ra going down while Kyle's having his journey of self-discovery?

Attached: oh god.png (448x369, 94.8K)

Looks like things are about to get ugly.

and the chapter ends here.

The next one might take a bit more than two weeks this time. So many previous chapters have built towards what's coming.

Attached: Kyle249.jpg (968x1280, 224.25K)

I think this after the series is over.

Seeing as they mention Horde Prime in the oracles visions being gone, its mostly like after the end of the She-Ra series.

It's like a "sequel" to the series.

Takes place after season 5.

Mostly an experimental somewhat subversive (counter-subversive? reversive?) take on Kyle being the main character, why he is the way he is, and the abuse and bullying he experienced at the horde being played straight instead of a joke that didn't quite hit for four seasons.

I got "inspired" after seeing many comments on some youtube videos with fans saying Kyle deserves better. Feels good to know I was not the only one who felt that way while watching the show.

Oh. Makes me curious how Kyle would react to 'redeemed' Catra

Attached: FFD2YtVVIAE-cBB.jpg (2048x1116, 184.07K)

Considering what happened to Cobalt; violently.

That's very understandable. Also, it interests me how Adora is a kind of non-entity in Kyle's mind.

Attached: kitty must die.jpg (502x500, 71.13K)

Fuck. Adora really didn't give a shit towards her friends in Hordak's army.

Adora is a bit hard to pinpoint. These people were her so-called friends but she left them with no regret at the same time. So how much were they really her friends?

She's like the elephant in the room for the horde kids. The kid that died and the family refuses to name. Something like that. Kyle does bring her up in the comic and it pisses off Lonnie to the point she hits him in the face with the taser. She's taboo, in a way.

How I see it. Lonnie and Kyle admired Adora and wanted to befriend her but Catra would not have any of that. It's also why Lonnie also hates her and took to bullying her too, and why Catra is so extra vicious towards Kyle. Maybe Kyle tried to approach her at some point too.

Attached: Kektra.jpg (1280x1105, 156.89K)

Autism, garbage art, terrible writting and furry shit
Also,
>9 posters
Kill yourself.

> Kyle does bring her up in the comic and it pisses off Lonnie to the point she hits him in the face with the taser.
Who finds that funny beside Noel?
Now I'm imagining an AU where Adora watched for Kyle and became a big sister figure to him. Her main goal after becoming She-Ra could have been to use her new strength to find and save Kyle from the Horde, until they figure what she is trying to do use him as a bargaining chip. And eventually, he would have to learn to stand for himself and maybe find his own way out. A genuine sibling relationship sure beats making your show about an abusive relationship anytime.

Sounds cool. I can see Warhammer aestethics also working with the First Ones.

In my headcanon, the first ones are modern Eternians long after Adam's era who became greedy for magic and lost their heroism

Ok, Noelle.

Attached: 1636609388410.jpg (380x255, 20.28K)

Threads like this and the FNAF one weird me out. this place is becoming a den for autism.

At least it's sane and wholesome autism compared to the rest of this shithole. user's expressing their creativity and doing something they enjoy with their two hands.

Attached: This is 4chan.png (1920x1080, 1.03M)

You're right, this is autism but it's surprisingly thoughtful autism. Like Don Rosa autism

Well user, apparently Noelle's wife writes lots Lord of the Rings fanfics, fanarts and comics about Frodo and Sam.

So no matter how autistic my comic maybe be, it at least will never make JRR Tolkien roll in his grave and I'm okay with that.

Attached: morning.jpg (2500x2328, 615.54K)

I just don't get it; this is decent art, but why not apply it to something original? Why base it of a rapidly forgotten show?

If this is autism, then it's based autism. I'd rather have someone post their fanfic comics over someone slobbering over some side character for the hundredth time.

damn, that got me

Attached: chuckle.gif (250x250, 991.81K)

Thank you user. Kyle has really gone a long way hasn't he? I wanted this moment to feel earned.

Attached: 20220129_225828.jpg (840x968, 217.74K)

To be fair, I'm certain every person in the world has once thought "this [book/show/movie] would be so much better if this or that happened." OP is just putting it to paper. If I had the drawing skill and willpower, I'd do the same for my own ideas. I mean... after all, aren't comic book writers basically just doing the exact same? In the sense that they're just writing and drawing out their ideas for characters other people have made.

I do original work most of the time. This is my first fanfic is roughly 10 years or so.

I like the idea of the story of an abused character like Kyle working his way into becoming a badass and I want to use it to practice storytelling.

Zero to hero and nobody to nightmare are two kinds of stories I like. Kyle might as well end up being both depending on the point of view.

Attached: TheMan.jpg (640x781, 81.46K)

thanks for your work, I didn't watch Sh-Ra but I feel I would enjoy your comic more than the show. You also did a good job at explaining stuff so I don't have to go to wiki or watch episodes to understand what's going on. And your explanations (like this one ) also help. Also, don't listen to doublefaggots like these If I'm not mistaken there was also the "bad" version of Kyle

Attached: have_a noice day.jpg (600x538, 110.75K)

thanks for the story user

>that image
I wish i was dead

Attached: 34825CDE-F17C-40DD-9067-396632E40ED0.jpg (640x329, 39.65K)

No problem. I'm trying to add little explanations to link with the original show.

The wiki is great funny enough. It has transcripts for the episodes which means I don't have to always rewatch to remember a dialogue or something.

The "bad version" was more of a what if idea. If Horde Prime's spirit survived and somehow posessed Kyle.

Attached: IMG_20211120_023421_651.jpg (1280x968, 135.13K)

You got no idea how hyped I am for round 2, especially if the rest of the Horde is involved.

Attached: 1635905955176.jpg (500x500, 33.69K)

No problem. I love storytiming, and it's crazy how far it's gone and that other anons enjoy it too.

I'm always up for suggesrions too even if I can't always implement things. Sometimes it makes an story all the better.

Attached: 234568654w57.png (1262x1022, 1003.3K)

Next chapter may be the darkest one yet.

And we'll finally answer the question no one asked like why Kyle became Shadow Weaver's ward in the first place.

Thinking a lot of the intro of Skyfall for the mood.

Attached: Beu7.gif (500x212, 982.09K)

This would have been quite wholesome. Something about the old She-Ra cartoon I liked was that Adora actively tries to save people enslaved by the Horde.

Heck the original Bow would have tried to get Kyle out of the horde. Not ditch it the moment Sea Hawk yeets him off the building. He was that kind of guy.

Attached: HeJustWantedToLeave.png (540x424, 197.25K)

Thanks for the chapter kyleanon!

I've actually started watching it again, and that's what I was thinking about. Catra was obviously being difficult, but it struck me as a little odd that the same guy who was feeling so sorry for Adora for not knowing about parties did not extend the same sympathy for the other Horde goons who were clearly in the same boat. At least they don't kill them en masse like they do in the SW ST after Finn proving that Stormies are people too.

Well, they do attempt redemption in the show but the way its written is that so long as you have a relationship (that is/can be romantic) then you have a chance at redemption and do it.

Hordak is literal war lord but he manages to get a redemption with Entrapta because its implied to be something close to romantic. The horde kids in the show escape the bad because they put themselves into a three way.

Its a very selective sort of redemption or at least attempts of it.

Reminds me of those soap operas were every character needs to have a love interest and only the villains end up single or dead.

The compulsive idea the showrunner had that every single character needs to be in a romantic relationship as if it was the answer to all of life's problems it's a weird one.

>And we'll finally answer the question no one asked like why Kyle became Shadow Weaver's ward in the first place.
he did what? when did that happen?

Attached: she_ra_kyle_by_takathesquirrel_ddb4g2e-fullview.jpg (1024x1326, 98.99K)

I just binged the whole comic in one sitting. Consider me invested. Thank you for all the work you do, Kyleanon! As a fujoscum, I especially appreciate all the relationship bits involving Rogelio.

>that size difference
Imagine...

Attached: Ey5Lv2uUcAMkcKI.jpg (1040x1040, 369.13K)

Attached: 1641048823578.jpg (1182x1280, 184.64K)

bump

Oh yeah bump it up

I love this boy.

He, Lonnie, and Rogelio also seem to be under Shadow Weaver like Adora and Catra. Do we ever get to know why besides Adora's background friends?

Thanks bro hope to catch the thread when it comes along

That is some good stuff
When you mean original work you mean like a webcomic or do you send it to print

Oh wow I wasn't expecting to wake up and still see the thread is up.

Thanks!

>When you mean original work you mean like a webcomic or do you send it to print

I mean the webcomic. The chapters are listed at the start of the thread. I don't think Kyle ever had that much depht in the show.

why dont you just use Prince Adam?

Attached: he-man.png (900x2013, 296.72K)

Well here's a whole gallery of Molly's work

mobile.twitter.com/hobbitgay/status/1348743155273801728

Molly is very into Lord of the Rings shipping. She even has an alternate twitter account listed on her wikipedia for some reason. So there are industry people with a more open fanfic and fanart backgrounds.

Isn't she a writer for Owl House? Might explain why the show has a lot of shipping involved with the main characters.

Attached: blushingHobbits.jpg (934x841, 122.14K)

The last time someone tried to put a darker spin on Adam and MotU we got Revelations which spawned a thousand outtrage threads. Not saying it can't be done well, but leave good enough alone I guess.

The new CGI show is also doing fine by the character so far, though.

Kyle was a poorly handled and abused background character with space for more depht and SPOP's lore felt incomplete. Especially after season 5 barely even bothered to answer questions and instead put it's focus on ships. So there is story potential there.

Attached: PrinceAdam.png (1000x666, 784.12K)

>The last time someone tried to put a darker spin on Adam and MotU we got Revelations which spawned a thousand outtrage threads.

And a billion views on Netflix. Thing was on the Top Ten for days.

A billion? Dang.

I didn't think it was the worst thing ever, but seeing it once was enough for me.

Attached: DrEvil.jpg (220x233, 7.35K)

So I just saw this in another thread

I don't know if this will be good or not but all I care now is that they literally casted a guy named Kyle to play He-Man.

This alone amuses me on so many levels.

Attached: Wtf.jpg (1080x1085, 483.75K)