/hyw/ - How's Your Webcomic?

Thread Question: Why did you start doing comics?

>/hyw/ CONTACT SHEET - add your webcomic site, contact information, etc
docs.google.com/document/d/1uwfOSHXfrgvcf--PkPz9jXL6p5RqIsrYvXYwgQpgT3k/edit

> DRAWING PRACTICE AND TUTORIALS
ctrlpaint.com
drawabox.com/
line-of-action.com/
quickposes.com/en

> STOCK IMAGES AND REFERENCE
People: deviantart.com/senshistock/gallery/
Scenery: shutterstock.com/
Character Design: pinterest.com/characterdesigh/

> FONTS
Blambot: blambot.com/
Create your own: calligraphr.com/en/
CC Wild Words: cofonts.com/cc-wild-words-roman-font/

> WEBSITE
Easy to use tumblr webcomic theme: tumblr.com/theme/39018
Dos and Don'ts for starting a site: pastebin.com/raw/kNR2W5mV
Promoting your comic: miss-melee.tumblr.com/post/143483233951/a-guide-to-zero-cost-webcomic-promotion

> WHERE TO PUBLISH MY WEBCOMIC?
webtoons.com/en/
tapas.io/
comicfury.com/
theduckwebcomics.com/
mangaido.com/en

> ART AND WRITING RESOURCES
makingcomics.com/
mediafire.com/folder/9pf1nwwa92lbp/Comics_for_making_Comics
archive.org/details/RobertMcKeeStorypdf/
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_1.pdf
.../invisible_ink_part_2.pdf
.../invisible_ink_part_3.pdf
pastebin.com/BSVaT7uQ

> BRUSH PACKS
CSP: mega.nz/#F!5xlV2IzJ!bg8BZB-oYaVrmD31S3fJHw

Attached: hywc.jpg (554x554, 308.07K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nukeronomicon.com/
tapas.io/series/Tad-Danger-Substitute-Ranger/info
nagasakecomics.weebly.com/kill-all-boneheads
tapas.io/episode/2432001
m.tapas.io/series/Admiral-pizza-/info
youtu.be/8KHy4-nMDLk
vocaroo.com/1g9Vudd4Lgg7
nagasakecomics.weebly.com/nsfw-adult-art.html
tapas.io/episode/2432789
webtoons.com/en/challenge/spiral-highway/list?title_no=704216
webtoons.com/en/challenge/countdown/list?title_no=302580)
tapas.io/series/Ibrahim-Coyle/info
instagram.com/bardicfury/
tapas.io/series/Oi
deviantart.com/abominationgod
m.webtoons.com/en/challenge/oi-tales-of-bardic-fury/list?title_no=303092&page=1&webtoon-platform-redirect=true
youtube.com/watch?v=p44G0U4sLCE
webtoons.com/en/challenge/oi-tales-of-bardic-fury/list?title_no=303092
mangadex.org/title/77f67cab-3624-4e81-8663-bddfe7723282/oi-tales-of-bardic-fury
indiegogo.com/projects/bardic-fury-3-a-120-page-psychedelic-fantasy-manga#/
youtube.com/watch?v=ZztCCZ1lIXs
youtube.com/watch?v=5-sfG8BV8wU&list=RDLVZXsQAXx_ao0&start_radio=1
tapas.io/episode/2433859
m.twitch.tv/admiral_pizza101/
m.webtoons.com/en/challenge/way-of-the-forest-maiden/list?title_no=724036
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for best girl Rubi

Attached: 01 03 2022 01.png (900x1145, 468.49K)

>can't wait to finish this commission so i can start trying to do comics
>my friend needs me to help him finish twenty paintings for a big project

damn... well at least it gives me time to think of a story or setting of some kind, honestly im pretty creatively bankrupt so this is probably for the best

>Thread Question: Why did you start doing comics?
I love telling stories and comics are my favorite type of story. Here's some new pages

Attached: new.jpg (1000x1581, 1.34M)

Looking lovely so far!

>Why did you start doing comics?
Idk it's fun to create stories and characters j guess. But really, the primary motivation for me right now is as a way to cope and escape my life and hide in this fantasy world I've created

Have fun. make friends. Acquire GF.
So far, its worked.

Still trudging away at the latest chapter. You can read the entire thing on my new website.
nukeronomicon.com/

Otherwise I'm still updating tapas as per usual
tapas.io/series/Tad-Danger-Substitute-Ranger/info

Dumping latest pages

Attached: Tad Danger Chapter 9 page 48.png (800x1133, 977.58K)

Attached: Tad Danger chapter 9 page 49.png (800x1133, 819.4K)

Newest page!
>tfw this arc is already 50 pages and not even remotely finished.
This really is going to be twice the length of a normal chapter. The longest one i've done so far was only 51 pages.
Good lord.

Attached: Tad Danger chapter 9 page 50.png (800x1133, 898.3K)

oh no, Tad, we are losing her!
Can't wait for the next page

I love making characters and I felt like its the best way of letting people know them and get to like them.

I LOVE drawing angry people idk why.
Who do you think will win, /hyw/?

Attached: 6.png (800x1280, 707.79K)

>TQ: because I'm not good enough or dedicated enoguh to animate

New design for a character in issue 3 of my comic. Not sure about a name yet. Also, issue 2 is finished!
nagasakecomics.weebly.com/kill-all-boneheads

Attached: unknown-130.png (760x737, 113.37K)

Guy on the left looks like the hero, so him.

betrayal--get stabbed in the back
betrayal-you're under attack

Lol best character right here. Cant wait to see more of deathslice here.

(open question)
how did you guys come up with your story?

Question, what file format do you guys consider best for sharing/distributing comics? I'm compiling mine into PDF and possibly CBR as well.

Is CBR common enough to bother with? Are there any other formats you prefer besides those two?

Drew a few cute girls, realized I like drawing them so made a comic to justify drawing them. I also did it so I can at least point to something and say, "At least I made something"
I improvised, still am improvising. I have vague ideas of where I want to go but otherwise am at the mercy of the time I have to execute them.

I'm still trying to figure out what to do with my story. I don't have much of a plot. So far its just random fight scenes and characters doing cute stuff but maybe thats enough for a webcomic project?

Necrobump

I always loved making comics and drawings as a kid and that never stopped. Plus, this could be a thing I could do to practice storytelling besides practicing animation.

Attached: 1.png (940x1414, 807.75K)

It was revealed to me in a dream

Actually I kid. I had a very dark concept I liked and cant tell because it will spoil the story. And I built from there.

It was basically a mixture of other ideas I had beforehand, concentrated into one.

I wanted to draw a variety of beings from folklore & mythology.
The frog curse was a reason for the MC to travel around the world and have Monster-of-the-Week adventures and give the world a fairy tale feel

Attached: The Elf Prince's Curse 01.jpg (877x1240, 1.5M)

It basically started like, "what if this wacky character archetype teamed up with this wacky character archetype", and then I basically built a world around that.
I actually have a whole bunch of random OCs that all seem like they belong in different comics, but I just put them all in one.

How the fuck has making a comic given you a gf?

WIP page.

Attached: IMG_0171.png (2200x3200, 557.75K)

Smacky is living the dream

im roleplaying all characters in my head until there is one

im making a character design bank of stuff i can take and use later on also, thats useful for my style of writing, its all very improvised

Attached: IMG20220127224322-01.jpg (2018x3263, 2.01M)

At first I wanted to make an animated short about a teenage boy taking care of an old lady's rose which reveals to be an Alraune back in 2020.

Later on, that developed into making a comic about a boy hanging out with a flower boy at his grandpa's cemetery. Then the flower boy got turned into a flower girl and the cemetery into a farm, but the elements of the original short still remained.

Attached: Justin & Vivian - v1.png (899x1200, 407.83K)

The one I wanted to read didn't exist.
tapas.io/episode/2432001

I prototyped some characters and basically did whatever came to mind with them, hoping to attract the right companions.

New pages at last.

Strap in.

My friend Andrew DM'd a DnD campaign for about 8 years with my ~12 friends, with me taking up the DM mantle after the first arc (the arc I'm working on now). While it never finished, we were all emotionally invested in it from the start. At first I just wanted to put the story to page because it was cool, but gradually, over the course of years, it became a much more personal project. There are now in fact two different alternate universes: the DnD campaign, Alancrian Chronicles, and the comic I work on, The Concord Initiative. There are profound differences, but the cast and many key events are the same, if differently painted.

Most obvious examples are names. We made up names for the campaign, but I take a hard ethnic angle on names in the comic.

Gasparro Cavallo was my character, Gustavel Camnus.

Dazirak Marazi was my friend Dane's character, Danius Augustilius.

Sormon Vestra'Vich was always my friend Ian's character, Sormon Vestra.

Jovan Astreides was my friend Mike's character, Jovian Astronox.

Rork Hiemont was my friend Justin's character, Rork Huront, and Frosty was always Frosty.

There are many, many others, including other players, like Fen (the druid from Chapter 1) and Dalvamin (mentioned only in the Inktobers). Edgardo Oberto was originally an NPC from when my friend Andrew DM'd, King Ennius, and he wasn't a little punk.

Maestro and the Path are based on the cultists Andrew and I worked on, and Maestro's appearance as The Prelate was the first time I stepped in. Velasco and Estella are completely original.

Attached: CI_Ch3_Pg27.png (940x1216, 1.07M)

To work through my depression. I'd only draw when I'm at my lowest. Improved my life and mood and am regularly making content.

Star wars mixed with the American civil war.
You define success. No one else. Smacky will not let his pizza dreams be dreams and has fought to make them a reaility.
One day someone will love you like you love your comic. You can and will improve. He is living proof.

Slowly drawing, getting prepared for my convention. Studying for a position a work.

Read Admiral pizza today
m.tapas.io/series/Admiral-pizza-/info

Attached: FJSCUUQVEAA9OwT.jpeg.jpg (1200x1650, 333.39K)

It's weird to be putting so much effort into a story that can trace its roots back to the plot my friend came up with. It's very different now, but even still--I owe a tremendous deal to my friends who collaborated on this story for 8 years. Many laughs, many tears. The problem became that we were so invested in the plot that the mechanics of TTRPGs became a nuisance. Gustavel Camnus had a notorious habit of getting killed and rolling poorly, and very quickly, as other characters were "killed" we decided to throw out permanent death altogether.

Another issue became that there were so many people in the party that juggling RP attention was a nightmare. A good nightmare, but you could tell who was and was not playing their best by who was getting attention at any given time. Almost everyone had a nemesis, and those nemeses became huge parts of the world.

Those nemeses are in fact still the major antagonists of the Concord Initiative story, arc by arc.

Lady Sofia Scordata, chairwoman of the Nuova Vista Foundation, was Arch Magistra Sovria Scolcess, head of the Oros Combine and arch nemesis of former colleague Jovian Astronox.

Nikolai Rass'Kazov, leader of the Apostles of Klarika, was Naydren Rathcliss, head of the Apostles of Cadencia and arch nemesis of former childhood friend Sormon.

And etc.

Only the Combine/Nuova Vista arc was ever completed (Arc 2). From then on, it became much more complex and interwoven.

Attached: CI_Ch3_Pg28.png (940x1216, 1.16M)

>never finished
Such is the sad fate of every campaign.

Back then, the primary goals of the story were to let everyone have fun and feel like a major player in the world we were all building together. The more work we put into our characters and the world, the less willing we were to part with those characters, and the pretense of TTRPG quickly evaporated. Having to rely so much on dice rolls and chance became an EXTREME point of tension in our group, and that, sadly, led to several people dropping in and out. As Dm, I tried to mitigate the effects of chance, but when you roll d20s even for reasonable reasons, tempers flew.

Despite that, I put a lot of time into trying to balance things out and provide tension without misery. Design documents starting flying up, and I really REALLY committed to the world. In college, I made hundreds of pages of lore and backstory to flesh out every corner of what was supposed to have been a game. Looking back, it was definitely an unhealthy amount of focus, and other parts of my life suffered for it.

Soon enough, we ditched many of the Dungeons and Dragons rules and, before long, DnD 3.5 became the notorious 3.Gus. We had hundreds of enemy types, all with their own abilities and vulnerabilities and lore. Every character of the main party had a character sheet, with unique abilities we created together. Depth soon became complexity and complexity soon became absolute chaos. It worked, and it was sound, but combat was drudgery, with one rotation of turns lasting 45 minutes to an hour.

In terms of story arcs, we were a miserable 2 for 6. And that's in 8 years.

Attached: CI_Ch3_Pg29.png (940x1216, 1.1M)

Eventually, people, while still in love with their characters, became exhausted with the seemingly unending campaign, so we switched it up and started a new campaign in the same world at the same in-universe time. That story allowed us to get back to basics and play as much less important characters, characters who could die and be seriously maimed. It was a whole new cast but in familiar settings. That was a wonderful time for everyone--until the inevitable happened, and people fell in love with their characters again. The sad fact was that when push came to shove, I was a very lenient, very permissive DM. I'd push the players hard and give them difficult challenges and hard decisions, but when pressed, I just couldn't stick the landing and wussed out. The campaign meant to have killable characters soon, informally and unspoken, went the same way as the main campaign. We finished one arc of that, and got 75% of the way through the second arc, but on one of the game nights, both I and the players, independently of each other, decided we had had enough, and the campaign was put on indefinite hiatus.

I can't speak for my friends, but for me, this was a bittersweet moment. On the one hand, I put my heart and soul into trying to make that glorious dumpsterfire work and be fun, and it was sad to see so long a project wither away. On the other hand, I had been working on the Concord Initiative for a year and half by then, and the comic actually provided the creative outlet I had been seeking for 8 years. I didn't have to compromise with my friends' visions, for better or worse. I could tell the story I wanted to tell, and that story RAPIDLY took on much more personal themes.

Attached: CI_Ch3_Pg30.png (940x1216, 1018.46K)

So now, I have a seemingly endless reservoir of material from which to derive inspiration. Given the tremendous changes made from campaign to comic, I don't feel at all insecure that I'm telling "someone else's" story. I'll always attribute great credit to my friends and their collaboration, but the longer this goes, the further and further I find myself moving from the original material. I frankly am not even sure if they will be comfortable with where the comic takes what used to be their characters.

The religious angle is the most profound change, of course. Everything is designed now in service to those themes, and of the 12 people who took part in the campaign, my good friends, I am the only one who is even remotely religious.

I'm still sitting on mountains of character sheets, both for party members and for NPCs. Those in and of themselves are great inspiration, but the double edged sword here is that I don't want to be married to the original work, especially my work. I don't want the urge to be "true" to the past compromise the present and future work. Already I have had to make difficult choices as to what characters and events simply won't make it into the comic. But I am ultimately satisfied with the balance. It's a work in progress.

Attached: CI_Ch3_Pg31.png (940x1216, 1.21M)

So that's the extremely abridged history of The Concord Initiative.

Attached: CI_Ch3_Pg32.png (940x1216, 1.17M)

Here's a taste of peak campaign complexity. This is what Astreides's character sheet looked like, and this does not include his spell list. My friend Mike enjoys a certain degree of complexity, so Astronox was quite the character. And to answer your question yes, Astronox was a serious balancing issue.

I have a metric shit ton of this stuff.

Attached: jov.png (702x783, 60.18K)

I'm not reading any of this shit

What about the ending? The campaign will not end, but surely you expect the comic to end. Do you think your friends will be satisfied with the ending you have in mind?

Attached: Arlokk017.jpg (1500x1070, 1.27M)

heheh. What does his voice sound like when you write him?

I got really invested in a show and when it ended I hated the ending and thought "I could write better" so I started writing. I'm probably wrong and way out of my league but I still had fun and glad I made something tangible out of my frustration.

She lurked these threads and thought I was funny.

Attached: Untitled_Artwork-1.png (818x818, 65.28K)

>She lurked these threads and thought I was funny.
This mans be living every 4channer's dream

based.
this is the power of Any Forums.

How old are both of you!

>ACROSS STATE LINES

I actually haven't started yet, but intend to. I have an artist lined up to collaborate with me and we're about to start working on the book next month. I've always wanted to get a series published as physical books, but is that feasible these days? I'm curious about whether anybody here has experience with making printed versions of their work.

Best way to get panels?

Page 4

>thread question:

I’ve been doing comics off and on since I was 9. Depression at my desk job in 2017 is what made me decide to get back into art and I decided to work on a comic again in 2021

Attached: 8631E9B6-835B-413E-B770-972AF0169787.png (2490x3510, 1.74M)

I love her swooshy hair

While the concept for Renata came in a dream, the story itself was one that I spent a while coming up with.
Usually the issue with me is that k have too many stories I want to tell and not enough time to do them all. So I ended up with the current story as I refined the concept and characters

powerful fluff

Added some colors to the duo. Never had any color scheme for them in mind back then, so just used those Justin and Vivian have nowadays.

Attached: Justin & Vivian - v1.png (899x1200, 430.56K)

Her hair is actually one of her most consistent design choices.
I start every character with a super basic sketch just to have ideas of their appearance. The hair was part of her first sketch and I stuck around. For a while she wore a crown, but that didn’t last

Attached: 50EE6584-688C-48C0-AE3D-CBF76371A652.jpg (1242x1351, 160.22K)

It's kind of an expansion of some writefaggotry I did several years ago. It's gone through three or four revisions and overhauls over the years, but I think I've nailed down where I want to go with it.

Is Floris a tranny?

why is renata so embarassed of swimsuit if she is a godess?

Attached: renata shy.jpg (1079x1988, 882.61K)

Das cute

I hear my own voice when writing all of the characters. I guess if I'd have to imagine, Arlokk would sound something like the guy playing Gollum in this video (lol) 7:46 forward.
youtu.be/8KHy4-nMDLk

Attached: 008-1.jpg (760x520, 421.7K)

adorable

Adorable art!
I love it!

Honestly the joke was “why would you want me to wear something like this?!” But there was a minor disconnect with how I saw the joke and how Krump saw the joke. Either way I thought it was funny so I don’t have him change her expression. Your art makes the joke worth it.
Do you have a handle that I can @ you with if I share it on Twitter? Or do you not want it shared?

Attached: D38AA466-CEF3-4AE2-9F02-FC003D18C58B.jpg (1242x1314, 352.53K)

Having a comic-making, art loving gf is the best. I met one of my ex GFs while we were both posting our comics on Smackjeeves some 10 years ago. After we got talking, it turned out that she lived like an hour away from my home town, so we ended up meeting up and dated for about a year. Even after it ended we both walked away as friends, but its been so long that I haven't heard from her in a while.

So, its definitely possible.

my handle is Puapka1 and yea you can publish, here is fixed breastsize version thou

Attached: renata shy fixed breastize .jpg (1079x1988, 883.23K)

Oh this was your art!
Ironically I did some for you the other day but didn’t out it in the normal thread

Attached: 9FA68A95-5281-4814-82A7-D46D82DE6298.jpg (1880x2367, 826.96K)

>it's another faggot thread
based together we'll end these threads forever faggotbros

What a waste of a question. There's no other answer than "I wanted to"

Your mom told me you would post that.

alright but what is the in universe explanation of reason she is shy, like isnt she too old to care bout bodily beauty, its canon now i mean

This.
I also don't really care what others have to say.
Get more creative and interesting next time

oh that's very sweet, let me put it to collection of fanarts i look at when im sad

slowly progressing

Attached: aaa.jpg (3200x1404, 1.8M)

She doesn’t care about beauty or about being seen, as evident by her willingness to wear anything Honey threw at her in chapter 5.
However, because showing skin was so normal in her time, she has no working concept or nudity being especially erotic. So the idea of someone wanting her to wear a bikini and show skin is so foreign to her that her mind is running wild with ideas of what it could mean, causing her embarrassment. She knows it must mean something, but can’t think of what.

I’m not the best artist, but I like your comic and characters a lot so I wanted to draw them.
Glad you like it

Did anyone buy a Swords NFT yet

A completely random and unprompted art exchange!
This might be the sweetest thing I’ve seen all week

Attached: 7D942773-5F2A-4514-BCB4-C8223741FAE3.png (500x464, 222.88K)

Attached: 20220125_125630.jpg (1761x2724, 1M)

Attached: 20220125_125645.jpg (1741x2670, 1.01M)

Damn, snap from chalkzone is savage

Hah thanks man; I never actually watched that show but it was out when I was a kid, my buddy Daniel would always say the same thing to me when I drew these characters back then.

Attached: 20220125_125656.jpg (1698x2671, 1M)

He reminds me of the third evil ex from Scott pilgrim

Would fuck. She’s cute

Mario will win

This art is incredible

Mario.

If you like it so much, share the link with him
vocaroo.com/1g9Vudd4Lgg7

The new Super Mario movie is looking pretty rad

Attached: A8C16468-4C2F-42F6-B706-8303BC5561C1.jpg (1649x1274, 369.75K)

I wanted to show the lore I made about those wolves and use that Adam "Edge" Copeland's doppelgänger as MC.

Attached: 1617922359.edge-chan_wolvfes3.jpg (824x1024, 478.37K)

I wanted to give him a Mario looking outfit for that scene but it would've been too on the nose. Maybe just make the sweater red.

Attached: 1.png (800x1280, 571.34K)

There used to be a time on which I could finish two pages in a week, times long gone.

Still I progressed a bit with coloring.

Since I caught up with Renata btw Honey best girl, your comic shall come next I believe.

Attached: aaaaa.png (1190x1680, 726.4K)

To He Middle An?

Thanks you! Its really short atm so I hope I can deliver! Working till my hands hurt.
To The MiddleMan alternatively TTMM, Tx2Mx2. T^2M^2 but yours doesn't sound so bad either.

Thanks for reading! I’m glad you enjoy it.

>Honey best girl
A lot of people have told me they found a new appreciation for her since chapter 5. Though at least one person told me as early as chapter 1 that her dynamic with Renata was their overall favorite.

Still just going off of what people have told me, Noori appears to be the most popular with Melody as a close second

Attached: 7FF99F91-826F-47E4-81FA-A26969DE8C17.jpg (969x1283, 263.21K)

Also, as a bit of trivia, Homey was originally a villainous character who would constantly be working to sabotage Renata in the earliest draft. Giving Melody a different role since she was able to use her magic to see Honey’s true intentions.
Ultimately I didn’t like this version of the character and instead made her two faced nature just a public persona to allow her to be the harsher but good intentioned one around the others.

Attached: 5E300206-B4E2-48B8-8621-5FDF2809217B.jpg (985x1845, 449.83K)

This character is very fuckable

She doesn't have those gigantic jugs in-comic.

Everyone in this comic is, user. The highly fuckable cast is only appeal

She does when Krump remembers to draw them.
Due to how fast we pump out the pages, breast are often more subtle. But every now and then he remembers that none of these girls are flat.
Honey was always designed to be the largest of the group

Attached: 295D52E7-4ED1-49E9-91E4-3B92AD6235D6.jpg (1110x1372, 465.62K)

All these sexy characters frustrate me, because my characters will never be this sexy, even though I try

Truly best girl.
I actually just like her for her personality and relationship with Renata. I hate tsunderes with a burning passion but the whole thing seems sweet. And I really like female characters that are strong while retaining pride and feminity.

Well I didn’t want her to just be a tsundere.
My goal with the character is that she’s a celebrity who never gets to be real because that’s counter productive to her goals. So now that she has someone who has similar views overall and doesn’t care about what her real personality flaws are, she’s not entirely capable of expression her enjoyment. Which is why you’ll never get a typical “ANTA BAKA!” Moment from her.

holy fuck faggot quit spamming the thread half these posts are yours

>stop talking about your comic in a thread for talking about your comics on a site meant for talking

Post your own stuff if you want a subject change

Hm, interesting. Never thought about it.

Attached: I didn't know it was an accessory!.png (1500x750, 367.54K)

Ouch

Post work then

How'd I do?

Attached: 1642656388806m.jpg (1024x787, 201.48K)

Creative and sickening.

Killed the thread

They've been very gracious in every change. The ends of each Arc are definitely set. The things I'm most confident about, too. Won't last forever, but they will take forever to draw.

>missed opportunity to call it a Rat King

You can have a sexy girl user, have confidence in yourself

I try.
A lot of my female characters have being attractive as fundamental to the plot

Share them and talk about the story. Why do they need to be attractive? What’s the comic?

Barely started. I'm still working on designs.
One of them is meant to be like this unobtainable desire for one of the characters, not really a love story, more like frustrated lust and jealousy.

There's gonna be a sex scene in my comic, and I don't have a problem with full on drawing the sex, but I worry that it would cause problems in the future, or with getting people to read my comic. Thought of using the seperate section of my site I already have for NSFW stuff to store the sex scenes, with a "check this section for this page" comments on the main comic page.

Link comic so I know if characters are worth fapping to

It’s Naga, his art is so bad the sex will look like Chris Chan’s porn

>naga sake

Well let’s work out your story. Share the designs you have right now. Your general concept can work you just have to try and not make it too “anime”

Wolna’s left arm is weird, otherwise decent art. Not great, but not the worst here

It would be hand drawn, I use a hand drawn and a constructed style. I can share the NSFW section of my site. The top stuff is the newest. nagasakecomics.weebly.com/nsfw-adult-art.html

It'd be between the characters from Kill all boneheads, Julian and Jade.

reminder to report all nagaposts as extremely low quality

Oh, it's the guy who's comics looks straight from 2003.
Well don't be mean. I think his non human characters at least look interesting.

I'm happy that you can be so proud of your art even though it's so terrible, truly autistic

Dear God
Kino if on purpose though.
Pls don't gatekeep. All artists are welcome here

No kidding

Attached: 82AA0157-D572-4E45-8BFA-EB843EE5C128.jpg (1194x923, 207.95K)

haha fuck you no

I'll work on my own story, thank you very much.
And it's not anime at all

gatekeeping keeps the quality of the threads up, sure im against people being wrongfully gatekept but naga sake will never improve dude, its just less documented chris chan

Page 5

Attached: 5FA59BA9-9791-4F25-BB8B-675AB09F400F.png (2490x3510, 1.94M)

ohno its mineta from hit series boku no hero academia

>gatekeeping
>on an open website with no login
What exactly are you hoping to achieve here? You can't actually force anything.

Fug, my phrasing wasn't the best, you know what I mean, though.

For one that's something I drew like 2 years ago,and also even at that it's definitely better than the one on the left.

At least the right has some quality to it like early Cartoon Network stuff rather than the left which is a lot closer to retarded kid drawing with markers

lmao i would have kys by now

New Issue! Take 'em while it's blossoming!
>tapas.io/episode/2432789
I'm gonna sleep, have a nice day!

Attached: 3.png (940x1414, 661.06K)

How long should an issue of this..uh... style(?) be?
I do "15" pages (one is the end page the other is the cover) but technically 13. And I can finish a chapter in 2 weeks but sometimes I just get demotivated or distracted and it takes up to 6 months lol.

Attached: 4.png (800x1280, 534.07K)

It's not like drawing is some kind of natural human instinct.
Pls don't bully people who aren't as skilled as you.

What kind of question is this?
However long you fucking want

no it's a learned craft. if you're not going to put any effort into learning it you deserve to be the butt of jokes.

I don't want to post one page per day or 5 issues per year. I want to post as consistently as I can. But I want to know if my rate which I explained is as good as it would be expected.

Never watched but I can see the resemblance

how's my comic

Attached: 3855379836.png (3000x3000, 873.66K)

ASDF movie did this joke a decade ago

I've always wanted to tell stories and pay homage to things that have inspired me, hoping I can one day honour them by inspiring others. It's also waaaaay cheaper than animation lole

A nice spread I did

Attached: 41 42.png (3508x2480, 2.96M)

Get fucked lol
>t. Berbie

Attached: berbie_joins_the_battle_colour_transparent.png (2008x2745, 3.32M)

Oh my God dude
Is this like a Nathan for You bit?

Bump

I’m tired of failing at everything in life while seemingly everyone else succeeds.
All day every day, people’s comics get read by more people, everyone has more followers, hacks get jobs in the comic and cartoon industry. People who shouldn’t be showrunners get to, youtubers with barely any likeability become multi-millionaires and get everyone opportunity under the sun, and I have nothing. Beyond nothing, I try and try and try, and all I do is fail.
I just want to be happy and do work that makes me feel fulfilled, but I can’t even land a god damn retail or office job and I’m nearly 30.
I hate myself, I hate my lack of talent, and I hate my life

T. Not gonna make it

Attached: 1609091477916.png (747x363, 311.1K)

I made $1500 from my comic just today.

Damn, this early in the morning? Congrats.
What comic?

What a crybaby

Renata user ruins the third thread in a row. Big shocker there

Wow this thread is kinda dying...
Let me bump it for ya!

NEW CHAPTER IS OUT!

SPIRAL HIGHWAY comes out every Saturday morning and you can read it only on Webtoons: webtoons.com/en/challenge/spiral-highway/list?title_no=704216

>Synopsis: Jean Hurlant has always dreamed about becoming a mech-pilot, and now he can finally pursue his dream... on the streets of Metal City!

I grew up reading them as a kid and fell in love with the medium, but I also want to work in animation so this is helping with developing my storyboarding skills.

>(open question)
>how did you guys come up with your story?
Spiral Highway started as a remake of an old comic I did back in high school (here: webtoons.com/en/challenge/countdown/list?title_no=302580) but the concept changed so much that it became its own thing. Ibrahim Coyle (check it out here: tapas.io/series/Ibrahim-Coyle/info
) started as a doodle I did, so my friend and I started riffing and writing the first episode, while its also a reinvention of Sherlock Homeless, a comic strip I did for my school's newspapers. I have newer concepts, though, not everything I came up with was in high school, it just took me 10+ years to come at that point in life where I can do it in a satisfactory way.

>Verification not required.

Tell me about the villains in your comic

Attached: MYC2009a.jpg (335x261, 32.36K)

Now us how you really feel

>having clearly defined good and bad guys
couldn't be me

Attached: 20211114_000706456_006.jpg (2430x2038, 2.49M)

cringe

Imagine of Marvel and DC characters got pissed off that they kept dying and coming back and decided to do something about it.

I just lost a subscriber, actually.

>capeshiter

>Tell me about the villains in your comic
One was obsessed with the past, hoping that his actions will absolve the pain and regret of yesteryears. One will be focused on the present but cannot plan ahead or acknowledge prior mistakes. The last will be preoccupied with creating a future where memories of the past are extinguished after years of war.

No Villains yet, just antagonistic rivals.

Attached: file.png (940x1817, 1.08M)

Still figuring out some of their names.
But this is a revenge story, and the main villain is this invincible Warlord who Asha wants to kill. He basically works as the Empire's main violence against rebels.

Pic half related, these were my trying designs. I think I already got one I like it not included here.

On other plane there will also be the Pontiff/Emperor who is less of a personal opponent and more of an overall one.

Attached: zzzzzzzzz.png (1949x1607, 788.01K)

So far its just them. The one with the big piece of turkey is the boss. He ate an angel's heart and it gave him a boost in like everything. The others are his lackeys.
The boss is Sevilla. He's not super smart but he's almost flawless at tracking and fighting. He's not retarded either.
Most of them aren't "evil" per se, but they do fight for corrupt purposes.

Attached: 1.png (800x1280, 774.05K)

Sexiest comic in all of these threads. Everyone is breedable

God, why are these so sexy?
I think it's because my mind sees triangle + lines = legs in skirt. Like, that's all I need to activate the neurons in my ape brain

A father figure who dearly loves his daughter, but wants her to grow up the way he wants to - no matter if she likes it or not.
He would manipulate and twist her friends to the image he wants them to be, because he wants them to be the best they could be for his daughter.

No pains, no regrets - he doesn't mind cracking some eggs (or spirits) to make a lovely omelette for his little baby girl.

Nice sketchwork, do you have an insta?

They are the biggest idols in Ireland. Rory Seacrow, High King of the Hillfort of Magic in the Woods of Holly is the #1 star maker. Aengus is the idol of love and the Bunnies are fertility idols.

Attached: baddies.jpg (1000x1500, 1.52M)

Eyes+hair=erection

thank you it's instagram.com/bardicfury/
I accidentally bought the wrong type of leads for my mechanical pencil. It is softer and smears more than what I usually do but leading to better drawings. I'm planning to make the next update 15 pages long. I have it all penciled but I won't show more until it's finished.

tapas.io/series/Oi

Attached: new.jpg (1000x750, 452.13K)

Made a little gobbo for fun. I had the idea for a goblin queen a while ago and I intend for her to feature in the comic at some point, but probably not for a few arcs.

Back in college I made some concept art for a number of different cartoon shows I'd like to pitch to a studio some day, Squires for Hire was one of them. At some point I realized that just waiting around to break into the industry wasn't enough, so I turned one of my three projects into something tangible. Good decision really, working on a project like this regularly has really improved my art skills dramatically.

Attached: Goblin Princess B.jpg (2394x1560, 389.48K)

God damn she’s hot.
Why don’t you ever draw porn? Every girl you draw is impregnable

Beatrice armpits.

>impregnable
I doubt their defenses are that high. You could probably take them out with a good punch.

Wait for when they grow up user.

Dunno man, Robin seems like she could beat up most people here.

I grew up with no tv, vidya or l33t gr@ph!cs, so my mind was free to dream a lot as a kid - drew tons of jets, cars and space habitats in school; trying hard to look as though I were doing something like taking notes. Eventually I started coming up with stories about astronauts and making very poor comics about them in elementary school. Looking back, they were still better than 50% of what's on webt00n and t@pas, and I barely knew how to ride a bike.

>Tell me about the villains
Ruthless pursuers of their goals, liars, slavemakers and personification of the mechanisms of the world at large. They will attack and destroy with the violence, brutality and speed of insects. Among them are the vainest, who will not even risk a 1% chance of future injury and have wiped away populations and histories out of the fear for damage and loss of control.
There are a few neutral evil types as well, the ones that just consume and destroy mindlessly...
Almost all of them are AIs with remote bodies, distributed minds, ect, but I think as soon as AI decides it doesn't need us anymore, we are absolutely toast... unless some heroes arrive to save the day.

Attached: as_soon_as_AI_stops_serving_huemans.png (1000x1272, 968.5K)

Attached: not again doc.png (342x245, 99.75K)

Mostly because the majority of my characters are children, but partly because I just never really felt like it. I think my friend once described me as "the least horny artist he's ever met." I enjoy and appreciate some high-class smut of course, but I've never really had a desire to make any myself.

Although I have considered it from time to time, mostly when I see a really nice pose with some really interesting perspective shots that you can only ever really use for porn or pinups. That I kinda wanna try out some day, if only to experiment and push my character posing skills.

You should draw more characters from here. Your art isn’t that bad

Why do you draw your "children" so sexualized then?

Basically i started a comic of my own called "beavis and butthead redux", which is a parody that features many characters from several intellectual properies. There are 3 issues, and i am currently working on the third one.

Attached: bbss.png (1416x672, 786.45K)

Because I have zero context for your comic this is just gibberish.If I don't know what these terms mean I can't be sold on it. A good pitch is something anyone can can understand without needing to do homework. For example "Batman is is a rich masked vigilante avenging his murdered parents".

Kinda sounds like you're projecting bruh.

Stop projecting, coldfusion.

user, that wasn't a pitch, and secondly, Oi-user's villain description wasn't exactly obscure. It's understandable to anyone with basic, generic knowledge of mythology.

Post the first 2

Damn... I'm also losing subscribers, too. I guess I just need to stop and not draw comics anymore

First 2 are on my deviantart. deviantart.com/abominationgod Contact my discord: AbominationGod#4881 For more info.

No one is contacting your discord

>user, that wasn't a pitch

At anytime some random lurker could be curiously skimming the thread. You got to treat it like an open mic night a club because you never know who's watching

>obscure. It's understandable to anyone with basic, generic knowledge of mythology.

My point was specifically that you can't make general assumptions about what random people know, and terminology means nothing without context to provide significance.

Aight then.

He’s got one of the most successful comics here. He knows what he’s doing

>15
MOOOOODS

>He’s got one of the most successful comics here
>here
>Using /hyw/ as a benchmark

Attached: 54000249.jpg (600x375, 36.06K)

DON'T BE A HECKEN GATE KEEPER

You can read the whole thing here
m.webtoons.com/en/challenge/oi-tales-of-bardic-fury/list?title_no=303092&page=1&webtoon-platform-redirect=true
Then you will have context. It's a fantasy about bards druids and idols set in 360 ad . Rory Seacrow is inspired by ryan Seacrest

Attached: 45.jpg (800x1254, 627.19K)

Whats wrong with using /hyw/ as a benchmark on /hyw/?

Early 2016 what when i wanted to do stories and I liked it enough, though i'm still trying to improve >:(

Attached: Screenshot 2022-01-29 4.22.55 PM.png (435x561, 346.87K)

>My point was specifically that you can't make general assumptions about what random people know, and terminology means nothing without context to provide significance.
You're right. You made a good point user

Attached: 51.jpg (800x1068, 583.85K)

He is directly breaking the rules

kek like that fucking matters

He dropped his discord, meaning pedos from here are gonna try to groom him.

I'll be fine, dude.

not my problem
by tolerating gays and trannies and pedos here you consent to their behaviors

>Oi! Tales of Bardic Fury
>263 subscribers on Tapas

Holy fucking shit. The bar is on the FLOOR with you guys.

I'm doin my best
youtube.com/watch?v=p44G0U4sLCE

Attached: Bardomania.jpg (900x1339, 606.25K)

Is that honestly you're biggest audience after all this time?

Quick question, user. Why do you care?

To be fair, we're kinda in the New Generation Era equivelant of /hyw/, were most of the big stars are gone and most of the roster are young newcomers.

Attached: WWF.png (918x870, 98.3K)

I also have webtoons
webtoons.com/en/challenge/oi-tales-of-bardic-fury/list?title_no=303092
and mangadex
mangadex.org/title/77f67cab-3624-4e81-8663-bddfe7723282/oi-tales-of-bardic-fury

Attached: Volume 1.jpg (900x1151, 1.34M)

Is that /hyw/ crossover still going on?

I am Stone Cold

Attached: Dana 316.jpg (1000x1000, 674.62K)

yes, its on hiatus though but should pick up again this year hopefully

>377 followers since 2019

You need to get out of the /hyw/ bubble man, this is sad.

It's not really formatted for webtoon or phone, and maybe it's just now what people want to read. I'm still going to keep making the comic. You can promote my comic if you wish. I give you permission and appreciate your marketing advice.

Attached: Danahedero_.jpg (700x933, 377.44K)

Because anyone in their right mind who wants to sit here and argue about who is the most successful when the answer is someone with 300 followers desperately needs to go to /ic/ and get some real critique.

But you're the one marketing it right now. You come here and promote it every thread. It's all effort you could be applying somewhere where it gets you actual results, if you took a moment to think about it.
You're already doing the work so why not get something in return?

Where else do you think I should post it to get more readers?

Attached: yeah right.jpg (667x1012, 476.32K)

>You're already doing the work so why not get something in return?
You're right. You can contribute to my indiegogo campaign and give me the money you believe I deserve yourself.
indiegogo.com/projects/bardic-fury-3-a-120-page-psychedelic-fantasy-manga#/

Attached: ReachOutandTouchFaith.jpg (900x947, 281.01K)

>/ic/
>critique

Attached: yikes my dude.gif (498x278, 1.23M)

THERE'S NO BELL TO RING
youtube.com/watch?v=ZztCCZ1lIXs

Attached: whosnext.jpg (1000x968, 220.03K)

Just because you're a soft-skinned baby doesn't mean there's nothing to learn there.

Is your goal to make everyone leave this thread and post in /ic instead?

yeah dude no, ic has not much value to offer, theyre just bunch of losers who lost passion for art but can only understand themselves in context of being an artist, and are calling themselves ngmi before mirror everyday, wracks of people, been there read that

No, I want you all to understand that 300 followers is not what success looks like and not to compare dick lengths when you've all got vaginas.

Spoken like a true Any Forums dweller who got burnt exactly one time by a slightly mean comment. How's that novel you were working on?

No one is doing that except for you.

>spending hours of your life caring about things that don't affect you
Have you considered a hobby that actually makes you happy instead of butthurt?

Ok.
youtube.com/watch?v=5-sfG8BV8wU&list=RDLVZXsQAXx_ao0&start_radio=1

Attached: do it.jpg (988x965, 254.11K)

i never was insulted on ic, i just read how people talk there, stop projecting, go back to ic, or go to therapy

All this /ic/ talk makes me remember I lend a good artbook of mine to my best friend half a year ago but never got it back.

Should probably even ask if he still has it around at home in the first place.

Attached: Laugh Laugh.png (767x741, 396.34K)

>go to therapy

That really is your go-to response any time someone tells you losers to stop crawling around in the mud, isn't it.

but we arent tho, we are practicing and improving, unlike on ic, cope and seethe user

speaking of /ic/ look what someone drew of Kaylen for me omg

Attached: 1643502931736.jpg (612x1000, 385.21K)

really nice!

pretty Kaylen
you got really lucky

That really looks great.

Just dropped the next tapas update!
TD:SR Yep... It's a Tournament Arc part 8.
tapas.io/episode/2433859

Attached: Hellrazor McDeathslice.png (800x1019, 360.79K)

Cool design

addressing the energy crisis
No one cares really...

Attached: 135637833585.jpg (2048x1590, 320.27K)

Looks amazing, congrats

Link? I'm a sucker for the newspaper comic format.

>go to /ic/ and get some real critique.

Not him, but I’ve been praised on /ic/ several times, I’ve also been praised on Any Forums, Any Forums, and even /lit/ and my audience is smaller than Oi’s.
Getting readers isn’t as easy as “get critique” there is a lot that goes into it and the quality of your comic has little to do with overall success.

where can you post art on /a and /lit?

I don't know about /lit/ but Any Forums has a general drawthread and on the weekends they have the Weekend Waifu Drawthread

Both were in comic and manga threads, and I had mentioned my comic and some anons asked for links.
Honesty, I’ve been treated overwhelmingly well by Any Forums anons. I have nothing but gratitude

Going to do a test of Admiral pizza LIVE- will broadcast after trying out my airfryier and setup, talking comics, pizza, Videogames, mountain dew??
m.twitch.tv/admiral_pizza101/

Attached: FCMeNuRUUAkcOwr.jpeg.jpg (1920x1080, 307.65K)

same here
I should not be the standard of excellence to measure against. Light your heart aflame. You must surpass me and go beyond and light the next generation's heart ablaze.

follow your dreams no matter what

Attached: Demon-Slayer-Kyojuro-Rengoku.jpg (700x393, 204.4K)

Oh you’re not my standard by any stretch. I don’t believe in seeing people as competition. But I will always acknowledge when someone has done better than I have

>go to /ic/
I just checked it out out of curiosity. Why would you make me go to such a miserable place?

Just finished new chapter

Attached: webtoon advert.png (800x800, 226.58K)

New page!

Attached: Tad Danger Chapter 9 page 51.png (800x1133, 965.09K)

to build yourself up you must first be torn down

there are better places to understand ones shortcomings in art than ic, in fact there are no worse ones

you're in one now my guy

Cover idea maybe?

Attached: 01 29 2022 02.png (900x1391, 333.35K)

Shit. Never posted the link.

m.webtoons.com/en/challenge/way-of-the-forest-maiden/list?title_no=724036

Page 6

Attached: C56B5046-0DB0-4159-8176-ABE0E82A029A.png (2490x3510, 1.91M)

Good work . Is she being whisked away?

I'm really turned on by this character (who I'm sure is eons old)

Why are you turned on by her?

The attitude, the way she punches shit.
Also her design and art style

How much should I focus on designing the characters before actually starting a page?

>I wouldn't normally draw my blade on the fairer sex
He says this every time, doesn't he?

You should grind and deconstruct them so they're visually stable. Fill a couple of sheets with quick pencil sketches of their heads. Something between ten and a hundred for main characters.

Damn, I did not think of this. I was just gonna have a base design and use that as reference for everything. I never had faith in consistency

Bump

/ic/'s advantage over every other art website is that it lets you get access to rare art tutorials. Shame about the /dad/-tonyo fiasco.

there are no sycophants or empty compliments.

God?

That's literally the major reason I browse /ic/. Them nice artbooks for free are always a win.