Imagine being alive in 2003, where Metallica had gone 6 whole years without releasing any new original albums...

Imagine being alive in 2003, where Metallica had gone 6 whole years without releasing any new original albums, then hearing the news that this is going to be released, so you camp outside the record store all night, only to pick this up, put it on the turntable, and hear fucking "Frantic".

Attached: Metallica_-_St._Anger_cover.jpg (300x300, 94.26K)

i dont have to imagine it. this happened to me.

>so you camp outside the record store all night, only to pick this up, put it on the turntable
it was 2003, not 1983. people were buying this on CD

Frantic was based I remember listening to the stern show and then hearing it played right after on the Kufo radio

MY LIFESTYLE DETERMINES MY DEATH STYLE TIXK TICK TICK TICK TOCK FRANTIC

I like dirty window

well deserved. should have gotten the memo by that point.

which included a DVD where the album sounded better than it did on the CD

It was worth it

Attached: images.jpg (960x1440, 254.27K)

same...

Attached: 1398538197824.gif (171x141, 899.99K)

describe the feelings in minute detail

>Imagine being alive in 2003
fuck off, zoomer

FUCK IT ALL AND NO REGRETS

I HIT THE LIGHTS ON THESE DARK SETS

i'm incredibly weak for "throwback" lyrics like these, when it's a good number of years down the line and the band is older, slower and wiser. and this is no exception

Are you a retarded zoomer with that last sentence? You and I should both know CDS were relevant with mp3s slowly rising at our time as kids. Vinyl and cassette were pretty dead in the mainstream before millennial and gen x hipsters revived it along with cassettes today.

KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL

No one was using vinyl in 2003 you hipster retard stop existing

i was 13, it was my first metallica release as a fan, i still listen to the album because i love it

Attached: 1656626855770.png (492x599, 271.68K)

i think st.anger got a lot more shit than it deserved because of the whole napster thing. lars burned a lot of good will on that one

St Anger is weird for me in that I like the songwriting/composition aspect of the songs, but some element of the actual recording/performance on the album I don't like so I don't really listen to it. It's kind of like how sometimes you hear the demo version for a song you like and you think "I recognise the underlying components of the song I like in here but I don't actually like this recording" only this time it's the actual album.

Most people who had followed Metallica saw it coming. Load and Reload were their attempt to stay relevant during the Grunge era, so it was inevitable that they would release a nu-metal album. Once nu-metal died, they went off back to their old material to ride the nostalgia wave.

Metallica only cares about money and staying relevant so they can still make it, they have no musical integrity.

Lars has been buck breaking everyone for at least 3 decades