Music and tinnitus

Hear a loud buzzing for two days now. I've been listening to music for a long time but this has never happened before. Should I wait a few days before visiting a doctor?

Attached: ds00365_im00193_ww5r606t_jpg.jpg (632x355, 62.03K)

Why visit a doctor at all? It's incurable.

He can be referred for a hearing test to determine if its the cause of hearing loss or something else which can be remedied

It can result from a number of factors not just hearing loss. You need a professional to identify the specific cause and treat it accordingly.

some of the know causes of tinnitus are ear damage bc of ie, loud music/sounds, brain damage and vitamin D deficiency...
Most likely u got excited and played my mixtape too fuckin loud.

And go to the doc for what? man up.
Theres no treatment for tinnitus, just psychotherapy in case its driving u insane.
I found it very annoying for weeks, then just got used to it.

The strange thing is my hearing is fine like it's always been. Now I just have some background noise.

The stoics would have simply made peace with it. Read Meditations by Marcus Aurelius

Yeah I know I just want to gather as much info as I can regarding the topic. What's your advice for dealing with this shit? I know I can get used to it but it gets really annoying sometimes.

desu there were days i was on the verge of going insane.
Just dont focus on it! Dont think about it, just go on with ur life.
Play some music, watch some vids, whatever. At a normal volume, ofc.

i've had tinnitus since I was 13
you get used to it pretty quickly and its no big deal
protect your hearing though because it can be rather debilitating later in life

fuck dr dre and his shitty headphones

>get injured
>refuse medical help
stoics based fr fr

Attached: 1340138418098.jpg (355x266, 30.19K)

I usually get tinnitus when I drink heavily or take a lot of drugs, goes away after week or couple months usually

Attached: 1632550364549.png (594x378, 308.01K)

In a meditative or trancy body avatar phase, you can also hear stuff

>Wow that's literally me
Anyway. What's the patrician/hipster/masterrace favorite color? How can you say someone has no personality by liking blue lol
>t. dark maroon appreciator

May also be earwax, when I am cold I always have some degree of tinnitus. Don't obsess over it because you will develop OCD like I did. Wait some weeks, exercise and as always protect your ears.

the more you obsess over it the more permanent it becomes

this. had it for years now and don't even notice it anymore after I stopped caring

Yeah this and the fact that it's incurable makes me think it's a psychosomatic thing. I've had psychosomatic health issues before so I know they're real.

Tyrian purple/deep pink/caput mortuum, respectively

OP here.Human psychology is fucking weird. My tinnitus only becomes prominant when I remind myself I have it. The problem is I'm fairly autistic and obses over things.

mine will occasionally ring incredibly loud then die back down to below hearable, usually if i'm stressed so fairly sure psychology plays a big part

me again
Another thing I've noticed is that it doesn't seem to correlate with lifestyle very much. Like tons of people who are playing heavy metal music at maximum volume every weekend for decades don't have it, but random anons will.

>heavy metal music at maximum volume every weekend for decades don't have it
we wear protections you know