/gybe/

Alright, settle down. Here's what actually happened

>this rip was indeed made in 2010 like the metadata suggests, by one of the members of the band (I don't know which one it was). This precedes the casketjack rip.
>casketjack was actually contacted by Constellation asking him not to leak the rest of the album, that's why he dipped.
>In the Summer of 2021 the files from this rip were given to Louis Rastelli (aka DJ LRX80), the director for Arcmtl Archive Montréal.
>'Arcmtl is about Archive Montreal, preserving the local “underground” or independent arts milieu— cultural artifacts that are by nature very ephemeral and which aren’t normally on the radar of institutional archives or libraries.'
>Louis Rastelli also hosts Montreal Soundb Ark, a radio show dedicated to old local music from the Montreal underground scene on CKUT, a local radio.
>On August 20 Rastelli played 'When All The Furnaces Exploded', 'Beep', 'Hush' and 'Daddymomdaddy' on his show. You can tell they're from the same exact rip as the leak.
>That's the only relationship between the radio broadcast and the leak, that the band member decided to share the album with more than one person outside the close group of friends who previously had acess to it.
>In September, nico, who is indeed sometimes in contact with a member of the band, was also given the files by him as a goodwill gesture for all the work put into archiving GY!BE stuff and being a passionate fan. Nico was NOT supposed to share the music with anyone else.
>Of course, they ended up sharing it with other people in the discord server who promised not to tell anyone they were in possession of the holy grail
>drama ensues, one of the people nico shared the record with leaked it on Any Forums to get back at nico.
And that's how we got one of the most sought after records of all time. Someone getting back at some other person because of discord drama.

Attached: zo20ij0vs3g81[1].jpg (1080x705, 93.13K)

Some questions are still unanswered
>Why did that band member decided to share the music now?
>If Louis Rastelli was given the music by him and broadcast it, does that imply he was given permission and the band wanted the tape to be heard now?
>Who was that band member?

i give so little shit about all the drama surrounding this, if its fake or not i dont care, the music is ok, solid 6/10

can't believe these selfish motherfuckers were holding it for themselves jerking each other off all this time

Attached: 904bfe8b7ae18394dbee7aebf178898c-imagepng.png (1039x559, 526.41K)

Substantiate your claims.

Attached: proofs.png (860x650, 61.53K)

>efrim was lying about saying that he didnt have a recording
fuck you you stupid french hack

Attached: 3e1d25120fe6a9a2d1eb2d8c60b9785c.jpg (575x512, 17.67K)

so was the part that the dude in 2013 uploaded a hoax?

jew*

No that was real but it came from a different tape. It's unrelated to this event.

no it was real, you can find a much higher quality recording of random luvly moncton blues and dadmomdaddy (the songs uploaded by casketjack) in the leaks

No, that was real. The songs were the same from this leak. Casketjack was just a huge faggot.

I CAN'T BELIEVE PEOPLE HAD IT ALL THIS TIME AND WERE JUST CIRCLEJERKING WHILE EVERYONE ELSE WAS WONDERING IF IT EVEN FUCKING EXISTED
FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!11!!!!!!!1!1!

the band member is Karl Lemieux

FUCK THAT GUY

Fuck this gay ass band.

That completely explains why the reaction from the discord mods and Nico in particular has been so intense. Thank you for the explanation, user.

I nonetheless still thing it is a good thing that the leak occurred, although it's a shame that it caused so much personal distress and harassment for folks that have put so much time and effort into helping compile and archive bootlegs of the band's performances for us all to enjoy. At least on a personal level, I have been in a very dark place this winter and the leaks have been a source of comfort for me. They are so much bleaker and more intimate than real God's pee albums; in that respect I feel like they have a lot more in common with Set Fire to Flames, which is something I also listen to a lot when I'm feeling deeply depressed.

Came from a different tape. The version on this leak is a lot cleaner, like it came from a master tape which somewhat substantiates the CKUT leak theory. It'd be damn near impossible to clean up the noise and pitch warble in Casketjack's leak and leave it sounding as clean as it does in the (alleged) CKUT leak. Also another user mentioned this in the last thread:

>If you reverse the casketjack rip and increase the volume, you can faintly hear the "This is an original song, it's called Cinnamon Skin" sample from beginning of side B of this new rip in the silence at the end of the old one. This is a known side-effect of aging tapes, one side starts to bleed over into the other.

Which is very much true, especially apparent in consumer level recording equipment/home tapes. Don't know shit about the discord theory, but I'm personally leaning towards it's real and someone adjacent to Arcmtl leaked it.

>2nd day of this organized discord raid
>Saturday night and all they could manage is 10 posters

Attached: 1643429267960.png (200x200, 39.31K)

go to a psychiatrist and get your estrogen prescription already user

Attached: 62374093270.jpg (499x750, 80.63K)

Yeah, discord drama aside Nico's archive is incredible, I'm pretty sure they're legit autistic and took up an obsession with gybe/CTL artists and les rallizes denudes. I backed up the mega folder with all the live recordings in flac to an external HDD literally hours before the server went down lol

>he's still at it

Attached: toss.png (258x258, 15.25K)

is it still on youtube?

>21:54
lmfao look how bad triggered them
>21:44

Attached: 1626085871612.jpg (485x490, 44.26K)

fuck me bro please tell me the mega is still up

This is certainly a believable explanation. I guess this means we won't get higher fidelity files since it's a member of the band that holds on to the source. At least we have it after all this time.

thanks for the update anons. i was here in 2013 but honestly cant remember if i listened to the stuff that casketjack uploaded. cant believe it has taken THIS LONG for it to be uploaded knowing that the casketjack copy was legitimate

kek
Of course its fake, that's why this is the only thread in the entire catalog about the supposed uncovering of one of the most infamous pieces of lost media in music, Any Forums promptly called bullshit and now it's being properly ignored, saged, and hidden.

Attached: 1644115460971.jpg (736x552, 89.93K)

Yeah it's still up, the link's just gone. Here you go user

>GYBE Archives
mega dot nz/folder/gF9EjbTC#smv4RRZcDtKduhX6ODT1SQ

>ALFOTHAD
mega dot nz/folder/xv4EjL6a#j3A53LqQIU0ty2S1Agzuvw

Attached: nico.png (1541x831, 126.4K)

thank you user

Attached: 1565567222277.jpg (320x403, 16.94K)

lol this is fake af

sauce?

Discord

so the album was sent to nico in december. hmm, why did user wait so long to leak it? did it trade hands several times?

>16 posts later
>only 3 posters added:
>all 3 calling out the hoax
lmfao
>the rest are just the same discord trannys that have been here for the last day desperately trying to pull their failed hoax out of the toilet samefagging

if this was one of their tranny speed runs they would have ACK!'d friday morning

Attached: cdb.jpg (499x499, 18.59K)

anyone got an archive of the original bread?