"I get way too much music to listen to, and it’s mostly garbage...

>"I get way too much music to listen to, and it’s mostly garbage, even when it’s recommended by trusted friends (and sometimes even when Metacritic will show an average rating of 9/10). Hence I get very upset that those labels and musicians have wasted hours of my time, and I tend to be more critical than i should be. After all, most of these musicians are just kids, and some of them honestly spent months rehearsing and dreaming. Nonetheless, it is upsetting to read all these reviews that hail every kid as a new Mozart or Beethoven. It is also upsetting that so many people want a review “right now” of the new album. If it’s a good album, it will still be good ten years from now, right? Why do you need to listen to it “right now”? If you ask me for the review of a new album, you already told me that you are not interested in good music but in what gets promoted by the music industry. If you are interested in good music, check my lists of best albums of the 1960s, 70s, 80s,… of jazz… of classical music… There’s plenty to listen to."
>"The albums of the last few years are probably the ones you shouldn’t listen to. Let good music shape your brain, not promotional campaigns shape your brain. (Incidentally, the same is true of cinema: I find that Hollywood has declined so precipitously that virtually no Hollywood film of the last 5 years deserves to be watched…why in heaven would anyone waste 2 hours to watch “Spiderman Chapter 623” or “Star Wars Episode #welostcount – The Return of the Return of the Return” when there are so many good films made in the previous 100 years that people haven’t seen yet? The last sequel that was worth watching was Godfather 2, 42 years ago, or the Road Warrior, 35 years ago). If we thought more highly of ourselves, we would not watch bad films and listened to bad music just because they are publicized."
Is he right Any Forums?

Attached: Piero_Scaruffi_(2016)_(cropped).jpg (2832x3888, 2.51M)

terminator 2 was good faggot

Poptimists btfo

>ignores Gremlins 2
What a moron.

>Thinks Terminator 1 is way better than Terminator 2
Honestly, kind of based

Attached: term.png (604x422, 88.31K)

not really

Every "new big artist" is a scam for journalists and record labels to make money from. Music is an industry where the hands wash each other, and anything shilled by an influencer is guaranteed success and prestige for almost nothing, and then afterwards it becomes a feedback loop. It's also a reason why in the last decade the mainstream journalists shill for actual generic top 40 artists.

>avatar higher than t2
don't show this to reddit

I've just taken a look at Scaruffi's movie ratings and holy shit I wish I didn't do that. No 10s but most importantly very few 9s. Wtf Scruffi I thought rock music wasn't supposed to be a serious art, why the hell do more rock albums have 9s than movies do

because cinema is the most overrated entertainment medium, less quality than books, less versatility than music, less potential than games, etc.

Dunno man, the Danse Macabre in the Seventh Sigil right at the end is peak art and could only have worked in cinema. Movies is just the union of music, literature and photography

Not really. Films have the strength of achieving much more from a visual story telling point of view in a shorter amount of time. A video-game has the largest barrier to entry, and its priorities can shift vastly from genre to genre. There's not much artistic merit to a game like Mario as that series is more about pure fun, which is not bad per say, but it still doesn't exactly intend to present anything to its audience other than a fun game. And oftentimes games that try to be "artsy" fall flat on their face i.e David Cage games.

This queer is correct

I wonder if the vidya will ever become mature from an artistic point of view. Right now it's waaay too much industry and very little art

OK boomer

there are games that tries to balance the fun aspect with artistic pretentions, and they may work depending of the person (deus ex and metal gear solid of the top off my head) but in general I agree, the thing is that, in potential alone I think it has an advantage over cinema because it is not only the union of music, photography, and, depending of the genre, literature, but also has interactivy and dynamic challenge, sadly I'm still yet to see a game that balances all of those things masterfully, there are games with good writing and good player-choice but the gameplay is shit (mostly wrpgs) or games with good gameplay but the writing is irrelevant at best and shitty at worst

The medium is still young I guess but it's hard to take it seriously because of it

I think the biggest issue with games is the fact that companies aren't selling you a product you finish once and are done with, they want to sell a service/lifestyle. Shit on the MCU all you want, but all Disney wants is for you to buy a $10 ticket to their one millionth Avengers movie and just wait for the next one a year later. Meanwhile game companies want to sell a platform for players to spend even more money with live service even after buying a product. When games like Warzone, Fortnite, and Destiny are what dominates the industry and are platforms where people can keep spending money infinitely, there's little room for genuine artistic expression.

of course he's right, he always is

Piero is virgin, right?
A guy that has listened 35,000+ albums and watched 11,000+ movies...
No way he got to see a real pussy once.

Isn't he retired? He probably has a lot of free time if so.

do you think he keeps a spreadsheet rating of ever girl he's ever fucked?

Attached: 1641524163511.png (2443x1065, 84.24K)