It’s so funny when people say "No way The B-52s were post-punk" because they only know Love Shack and The Flintstones...

It’s so funny when people say "No way The B-52s were post-punk" because they only know Love Shack and The Flintstones Theme. The first two albums were post-punk, not the ones after.

Attached: 19D5D22B-7368-4ADF-B16A-9E1C87F3C486.jpg (316x316, 20.66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=d1Nq82S7_0Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First albums a 10/10

If the existence of shit like cancer and botflies and fatal familial insomnia werent enough to convince you that we live in the worst of all possible worlds, consider the fact that the first song people think of in regards to The B52s is that insufferable piece of shit "Love Shack" and not the glorious, immaculate, untouchable "Rock Lobster"
m.youtube.com/watch?v=d1Nq82S7_0Q

I wouldn't call them post punk.
I would say they were garage inspired punk in the same vein as The Cramps, even though The Cramps leaned more towards a Rockabilly vibe.

"Post-punk” fits good I think because they weren’t quite aggressive enough to be just punk, yet they were indeed aggressive enough (on the first two albums) that you tell they were punk-influenced. If the first two Devo albums are called post-punk then so should the first two B’s albums.

But cosmic thing is still a good pop album even if you hate Love shack. Roam is pure sovl.

rock lobster is for people who think snl is funny

At the time they were almost the definition of new wave

You're stupid

These genres are blurry/arbitrary but here’s my take on them. New wave leans more on the slick poppier side of things, punk the more raw and aggressive side, post-punk is kind of between the two combining slickness with aggression and adding its own artsy vibe

Zoomers think all post-punk has to be gothic le doomer shit to be post-punk even though the genre covered a variety of moods

Genre autists get off my board.

legends

t. thinks snl is funny

iraq lobster

How do zoomers even know what post-punk is anyway?

Absolutely legendary band. No "bad" releases – the only one that comes anywhere remotely close is 'Good Stuff', but that only had 3 members and still has a couple great tracks on it.
Even the SOLO materials are listenable (Kate) or great fun (Fred) or incredible (Cindy!)
I quite enjoy the playlist I made of an imaginary album selected from their 2015-2017 solo stuff

One of the few times Christgau's opinion of a band is in any way comprehensible, too. Except for his undervaluing of Cindy on Bouncing Off the Satellites

The B-52's fucking suck

Attached: John-Lennon-sunglasses.jpg (900x607, 58.14K)

I consider the first DEVO album PUNK!

Well, that's what they were called when that term came into vogue.

Your description of early B-52s is quite apt. Cindy's stuff is good, but I definitely like The Shake Society.

HA HA!

also check out their Mesopotamia EP if you're into their early post-punk stuff, to me it's the last good thing they put out before they went pop

no doubt