What's your favorite russian band? Mine's Mumiy Troll

What's your favorite russian band? Mine's Mumiy Troll.
youtu.be/O6pd9JF3VRA

Attached: MT.png (952x636, 1.17M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V7iCZQgK0SQ
youtu.be/-7n4t0cbVD4
youtu.be/FUdteCBRX9c
youtu.be/YbBU06irWT8
youtu.be/9tY4OK-Dg_s
youtube.com/watch?v=TVGS1XjFpe0
youtube.com/watch?v=YFDBG7sGDRU
youtube.com/watch?v=nG5gEzymh5c
youtube.com/watch?v=OPlK5HwFxcw
youtube.com/watch?v=ZzFxfccuc5I
youtube.com/watch?v=uzsLYqygxIE
youtube.com/watch?v=XBLjD_Oy3xg
youtube.com/watch?v=d-0m8v-Unbk
youtube.com/watch?v=kcOD4z18Xy8
youtube.com/watch?v=i-3h9TQ312c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

as russian,
lmao

this

Are they hated other there? I personally never heard anything better. Maybe Zemfira.
youtube.com/watch?v=V7iCZQgK0SQ

>other
Over*, silly typo.
I tried listening more modern russian music and it hurt my ears. You guys don't actually listen to this, do you?
youtu.be/-7n4t0cbVD4

the ones who use Any Forums don't but you'll be surprised by normies. actually mumiy troll is based choice, just pretty fun

his vocals are peak gay

Interesting, thank you. What Russian bands would you consider to be your favorite?

and thats a good thing

Shortparis
youtu.be/FUdteCBRX9c

Otava Yo
youtu.be/YbBU06irWT8

Zventa Sventana
youtu.be/9tY4OK-Dg_s

Little Big has some catchy songs but I mostly just like to watch their music videos lel

oh i mostly don't listen to russian music outside for 00s pop stuff like tatu. it's not on purpose, just not interested yet

I liked Tatu, were they the first weebs there? They definitely gave me that energy.
Is folk music popular there? What does mainstream currently think of rock?

not sure about the first but definitely weebs haha
youtube.com/watch?v=TVGS1XjFpe0

I have no clue what's popular there. My guess is hip hop shite. I'm a burger, so my knowledge is minimal (sorry to disappoint)

I love Russian Orthodox Christian Liturgical music. But, Russian bands? I can think of many off the top of my head. I really like Pinkshinyultrablast.

can you post any orthodox music you like in particular? I think it sounds so beautiful whenever I hear it

Oh, I meant that I CAN'T think of many. But either way, yeah, Pinkshinyultrablast is a cool Shoegaze band from Russia.

I would love to! Give me some time to gather some links.

Хвocт и Ayкцыoн. The opening track from Хвocт и Ayкцыoн gets randomly stuck in my head all the fucking time, I love this album.
youtube.com/watch?v=YFDBG7sGDRU

Thank you!!!! Saving everything. Blessings to ye as well :)

Orthodox Christian music comes in a great variety, even though it typically is purely vocal and following an Eastern musical tradition. Because you said that you "think it sounds so beautiful" when you hear it, I think these first three links of Orthodox Christian music will be ones that you find quite beautiful. You might have heard them already, but hey, it wouldn't hurt to listen to them again, right? :)

This one is "Let My Prayer Rise". These men truly sound like angels. So beautiful:
youtube.com/watch?v=nG5gEzymh5c
This one is "Hymn of the Cherubim". The Cherubic Hymn almost always makes me teary eyed when I am at Divine Liturgy:
youtube.com/watch?v=OPlK5HwFxcw
This one is "Thou Art a Vineyard". This performance is so peaceful and ethereal. Truly heavenly:
youtube.com/watch?v=ZzFxfccuc5I

Here are some others I love. Again, Orthodox Christian music is diverse. Some can be incredibly peaceful. Some can be quite bombastic. Some can have lighter female vocals. Some can have deep and resonant male vocals. Some can have a stronger Eastern influence. Some can have less so. And so on. Either way, here are some links. It's a mix of various kinds of Orthodox Christian music. There's a lot more I could post, but this is a good taste for now.

youtube.com/watch?v=uzsLYqygxIE
youtube.com/watch?v=XBLjD_Oy3xg
youtube.com/watch?v=d-0m8v-Unbk
youtube.com/watch?v=kcOD4z18Xy8
youtube.com/watch?v=i-3h9TQ312c

Attached: theotokos.jpg (678x850, 617.6K)

Ah, you caught my posts before I deleted them. ;)

Well, I basically posted the same thing except I properly replied to your post and changed the last link to a quite well known rendition of "Agni Parthene".

haha, I was monitoring the thread pretty intensely. Noted!