Imagine listening to this when it came out

Imagine listening to this when it came out

Attached: JLPOBCover.jpg (220x220, 20.96K)

ok, now what

...What is this herion shit?

Why unironically sounds like noise rock half a decade before punk even started. No wonder the plebs couldn't handle it.

Now listen to it

I did

Degenerate phone poster stuck at work. What album

John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band. Yoko Ono has a similarly titled album with a nearly identical cover. Haven't gotten around to Yoko's, but I would highly recommend John's.

JOHN HOLD OOONNNN
ITS GONNA BE ALL RIGHHTTTT

I've actually only ever heard Yoko's version and loved that shit

The ending primal scream of Mother is brutal

>MOMMA DONT >GOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: 1507499411090.png (432x616, 214.62K)

My God. This is....pretty forward for the time. I like it. I dont enjoy it, but I like it.

The album im listening to has Yoko on vocals, but you said there's a John and yoko version. Did I pick the wrong one?

Answered my own question. Listening to John's version now before Yoko kills me

Yoko's version has John against the tree, John's has her

Attached: lennon-john-yoko-pob-covers-121170.jpg (1168x582, 124.4K)

Why is a modern classic

It was certainly something.

I once heard from other Beatles fans that they grew to dislike John as a person after listening to this album. Was there any reason for this? I mean I've known he was a bit of a bastard long before I even listened to this record, but how exactly would any of the tracks on this album convince someone that John was any more of a terrible person? He's a bit of a smug asshole in God I guess, but it makes sense as this entire album was basically a therapeutic rage session for John where he could just vent.

That’s really the whole album, and while it’s really good, the lyrics are the kind of defeatist “I’ve transcended everything” self indulgent bullshit you would expect from a dude pussywhipped by some feral new-age succubus. “I Found Out” is particularly womanly in its spitefulness toward Paul

and God himself, I might add. It just sounds like the sophomoric whining of a dude who rejected all ”power structures” like what he mentions in Imagine, expecting to find some transcendent meaning purely within himself, and didn’t. Still slaps but he’s not likable in this stage of his life as a person.

>It just sounds like the sophomoric whining of a dude who rejected all ”power structures” like what he mentions in Imagine, expecting to find some transcendent meaning purely within himself, and didn’t. Still slaps but he’s not likable in this stage of his life as a person. Still slaps but he’s not likable in this stage of his life as a person.
I think that's part of what makes this album so good. It's so honest and pure in the way John perceives himself and the rest of the world which is rare for any artist to openly display to the rest of the world. I honestly can't think of any album or even any other piece of art that just tosses every little bit of the author's emotional baggage and unironic perception of themselves and the world right at their audience. A therapist can easily psychoanalyze John Lennon with this album alone.