It's shit

Attached: 61bsNIfrp0L._SL1200_[1].jpg (1200x1181, 103.79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zedQyL6XLPk
youtube.com/watch?v=N8F1a_loCbs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I remember how everyone hyped that album to be their great return to form. Now that I think about it, the exact same thing happened with Death Magnetic. Fuck nutallica, even st. anger is more entertaining than anything that came after

I remember in American Dad there was an episode with James Hetfield.
The two songs featured in the episode:
>Master of Puppets
Yeah!
>Death Magnetic
NO! How could they screw up picking that song instead of a classic?!

it's unironically a step backwards from St. Anger.

try listening to this remaster of hardwired. worth it.

Attached: fellows.jpg (1500x1500, 502.86K)

>>Death Magnetic
what song is that?

Lol.
I meant all Nightmare Long.

Attached: mewhen.jpg (559x549, 28.25K)

Spit Out The Bone it's the only good song in that awful album

>Metallica announce new album
>fanboys and shill hype it up
>start claiming that it will be a classic like the old albums
>singles drop
>"don't worry just wait for the whole album"
>album drops
>it's shit, if not shittier than the last
>instantly be forgotten the year after
Every single time.

neverheard finnish metal is 100x times better tham american meta. why is it always like this?
youtube.com/watch?v=zedQyL6XLPk
youtube.com/watch?v=N8F1a_loCbs

>Hardwired... to dilate

If this was released in the '80s, everyone would cum all over it and tell you how it is quintessential Metallica.

bullshit

We're so fucked
Shit outta luck
Hardwired to self destruct

Once a band stops evolving artistically, they become a tribute act of who they once were. This happened to Metallica following the backlash over St. Anger.
Every majorly successful band has this happen to them at some point - they get old and decide they no longer want to take any risks. So they just endlessly reheat what they think was their best sound, and they end up becoming generic.

and then we have Maiden who make 80 minute long albums full of filler

Their only good album was Kill em All

They immediately sold out right after that

Maiden's last real evolution came with BNW, when they took Bayley's sound and combined it with Bruce/Adrian, who had a little extra to bring to the table. Fear of the Dark was an early example of this genericness showing through after people rejected NPFTD. Everything since Dance of Death is basically the same album, just another volume.

Why is every song like 10 fucking minutes, but goes nowhere?

Because Hetfield desperately needed someone other than Ulrich, who clearly doesn't care anymore, to help arrange the songs and offer input
He's still an absolute riff-monster with the capacity to write heavy stuff, but there's just so much low-effort unfocussed bullshit like Halo on Fiyah and cringe-inducing lyrics like 'Now that we're dead my dear..."
It will never happen. They've had their youthful glories, and now they're just eternally basking in the afterglow. Hardwired was just an exercise in self-indulgence.

>He's still an absolute riff-monster
why I can't hate this album, like OP does. it's not one of the greats, but still.

Agreed. Hetfield's great, the songs just lack focus, and they need a producer to rein them in, if they can't do it themselves