Death Grips aren't Hip-Hop

They're closer in form to Mindless Self Indulgence, Atari Teenage Riot and even Meat Beat Manifesto than corny shit like Dalek or Divine Sneedler. This is why their fans are dumb, because they think having a black guy vocalist makes you a rap group.

MC Ride was a midwit who listened to black metal and fancied himself a rapper, but his flow was shit so he started shouting all his esoteric lyrics to make them sound more profound.
Zach Hill was a session musician with no resume. He thinks he's Keith LeBlanc but can't make a hardcore beat that doesn't involve heavy compression or wanking his set off.
And Andy Morin was a literal who with one Soundcloud track to his name, ironically he's the only guy with production chops of the 3 but his 'tism meant he'd never break into the Cali club scene.

Even the Beastie Boys had more street cred than these three depressed yuppies. The themes in their music are interesting and I'd be remiss to act like I didn't have a DG phase, but there will come a time where people recognize how cringeworthy this band actually was. Even they agreed, since they tried to go all fuckin' emo when everyone just wanted more party music.

Attached: Death_grips_2014.jpg (2048x1536, 570.05K)

yeah i don't really have a lot of respect for death grips, i think they made some cool bangers and have some interesting lyrics sometimes. i wouldn't want to make music if i was them either, their audience is horrible i'm sure they hate you faggots a lot.

And yet they're the group of the decade, cope

music can be many genres you know

swans and radiohead are still the top of the pack, everyone else is just playing with legos

These are all extremely dumb observations/fanfic mixed with pathetic attempts at taste signalling.
>corny shit like Dalek or Divine Sneedler.
Please, stop posting forever.

it has some elements from hiphop but i feel like calling it "experimental hiphop" isnt the best genre to describe it
also, i hate death grips

Death Grips and the members are way closer to the sounds of noise, hyperpop, industrial and deconstructed club than hip-hop. It's always been that way and that's how it's meant. Listen to G.A.S., it's almost a zoomer mash up album.

>swans and radiohead
lol

Attached: bl9qgf0a3wz51.png (683x635, 506.69K)

Exmilitary was their most hip-hop sounding release and most of their projects have elements of hip hop in them. Their core sound early on was based on rapping over instrumentals that sounded more or less like beats, just very unusual beats with unusual rapping. As they went on this became a smaller and smaller part of their sound, they'd still do songs in this vein but also had a lot that weren't, where the instrumental had no real basis in hiphop and ride's vocals weren't based on rapping. Lots of their later stuff sounds like a dark, futuristic take on psychedelic rock.

Death Grips are extremely derived rock music

>Zach Hill was a session musician with no resume.
see pic related which doesn't even have all of their albums or even their best
first dg album was 2011

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-02-04 at 4.43.59 PM.png (1112x919, 417.73K)

>Mindless Self Indulgence, Atari Teenage Riot and even Meat Beat Manifesto
all are fun to listen to through, and that's what matters

uhh

>>DG, Mindless Self Indulgence, Atari Teenage Riot and even Meat Beat Manifesto
aka. bands that make you dance and break shit, cool.

they have zero association with black culture, so they can't be hip hop

IM GONNA HAVE

SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEXXXXXX

Attached: bottomlesshill.png (860x1058, 116.91K)

Death Grips are just Twenty one pilots for zoomers

no retard

Attached: Untitled.jpg (720x599, 93.08K)

aren't twenty one pilots the twenty one pilots for zoomers tho??

>comparing them to MSI as an insult
I don't even have a proper picrel to address this reckless faggotry