BOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOO

>BOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOO
>M-MEH GRILFIREND WAS FUCKI NG MEAN TO ME ONCE AND *SOBS* AND *SOBS* AND IT'S LTERALLY LIKE HAVING CANCER
>WAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH
>*LOUD, OBNOXIOUS WAILING*
>EVERYONE, LOOK HOW SAD I AM! I'M SO SAD B-BECUASE MY GEIRLFREIDND CALLED ME A FAGGOT AND DIDNT SAY SORRY *SOB*
>THIS IS THE MOST TRAUMATIC INCIDENT OF MY LIFE I AM GOING TO WRITE A 9-MINUTE FAGGY UKELELELE SONG ABOUT DEATH NOW
>I HOPE PITCHFORK GIVES ME A GOOD RATING
>
>WWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH BOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: Hospicecover.jpg (314x316, 13.53K)

turn that shit up

dishonest lyrics but good songs

Holy fuck it's 2009 again

If you expect art not to lie to you you're a pleb dude

Its like using 9/11 as a metaphor for getting friendzoned, its cringe beyond comprehension

i was posting on Any Forums when this came out believe it or not. i hated this fucking gay album then and i hate it now

I always thought it was about a friend/gf getting a terminal illness and all the emotional troubles that come with that. I'd be lying if I said I haven't cried to the final track a couple times

based

Based thread. God bless you OP

>I always thought it was about a friend/gf getting a terminal illness and all the emotional troubles that come with that
Based retard who never realized the hospice care scenario was just a metaphor for some soicuck getting involved in a toxicass codependent relationship with a BPD ramona flowers art hoe who cheats on him and aborts his child and eventually kills herself like a crazy bitch. Your interpretation sounds much more palatable than the hamfisted reality of the albums narrative, so desu you should keep enjoying it from that perspective.

Attached: protect-this-smile-i-will-protect-this-smile-i-will-59726092.png (500x696, 134.85K)

>I'd be lying if I said I haven't cried to the final track a couple times
HAHAHHAHHA FUCKING FAGGOT

What a sad cunt lmao.

Not my fault that you can't open yourself up to art

Are there any interviews where the band elaborates on this theme?

I never saw a reason to think about it more deeply than the album's narrative. To tell you the truth, your explanation doesn't even really make sense from the basic facts of the music. It sounds like you are reading in a bunch of bullshit to create some kind of narrative after the fact

>It’s a universal narrative, but Silberman’s telling pops with specificity. Details about playing “charades up in the Chelsea” and the ominousness of “87 pounds” spoke to the singer, who says Hospice is autobiographical “to an extent.” Although Silberman refused to go into details, he said it told “the story of a psychologically abusive relationship, some of which took place in a children’s cancer ward.” By offering just that much, he unwittingly invited his fanbase to place his face on the album’s central caregiver.
>Mr. Silberman, who is 22 years old, is reluctant to divulge too much about how he came to write “Hospice,” fearing the broader message of the album might be lost in specifics. When he admitted he found himself visiting a children’s cancer ward a few years ago, he wouldn’t tell me why (spoiler alert: bc it was probably bullshit)
>“There’s real people involved,” he conceded in a soft, halting voice. “I could go into personal details about my life but I’d rather not. The story is an allegory. Some of the songs are literal and autobiographical. Others are representative
>It sounds like you are reading in a bunch of bullshit to create some kind of narrative after the fact
Literally all i'm doing is parsing the lyrics as theyre presented while at the same time ignoring the overwrought cock and bull hospice allegory.

Sylvia, get your head out of the oven
That's not where it goes

As far as I'm concerned, the album is indeed the epitome of the sad soi indie artist, and yet it magically pulls it off in its stride. That's why I love it. The production and Peter's falsetto vocals are effective. If you can't enjoy tracks like Kettering, Sylvia, Two and Epilogue without thinking "EVERYONE, LOOK HOW SAD I AM!" then I pity you. I will listen to and enjoy the metaphorical narrative of Hospice any day over some actual emotional dishonesty like Carrie & Lowell or A Crow Looked at Me.

And at least The Antlers didn't try to capitalize on this album's popularity and make it their whole schtick. Burst Apart, Familiars and Green to Gold are all completely different from Hospice in both concept and style.

Attached: borat voice mah wife.jpg (600x600, 58.23K)

>durr i'm a fucking retard
wow cool post

how are carrie and crow dishonest?