They're fucking back

Been 13 years since they made a good album. I can't believe it bros. Better than that bong Slint dogshit

Attached: Animal-Collective-1643727457.jpg (1000x668, 428.82K)

>Been 13 years since they made a good album
Bridge to Quiet came out way more recently

but Centipede Hz was their best album and that was 10 years ago.

based
Dangerously based

Judging by these threads saying AnCo is back most people here only listen to the albums and missed all the good shit they did after Painting With.

Painting With wasn't even that bad.

people unfortunately focus on studio albums instead of solo/side projects which is why anco hype for that period stagnated

yeah, i'll never understand why people didn't like centipede hz. i get not liking painting with or their weird ost stuff but that album was always great to me and i go back to it way more often than strawberry jam. i guess the mpp hype was just unsustainable.

i think it's because they blew it with what were supposed to be the emotional pillars of the album (monkey riches, amanita, new town burnout). they couldn't compare to fireworks / brosport / banshee beat. they sounded more bloated, meeker emotionally. but the other songs on there are just so well written. also, it's so densely layered in a way that is right up in the mix. i like that but it can be draining on an album listen and probably filtered a lot of people.

applesauce / wide eyed / father time is such a good stretch

This band has always sucked. Urban Outfitters-core

gay

im probably very alone in this but imo painting with and centipede were better. i love those two

I like the melodies on that record, but the muddy vocals and quippy effects ruin it

Actually based

Applesauce is up there with their best songs

8.4 BNM on Pitchfork. I am thinking they're back fellas.

>Been 13 years since they made a good album.
I don't trust people who don't like PW or CHz

Another Feburary release?
>Painting with
>Buoys
>Crestone score
>The Painters
>Time Skiffs
Why do they like Februrary so much?

Man Dragon Slayer is such a fun intro.

think its probably domino more than the boys. gets them out the way early so domino can concentrate on the stuff they consider to be heavier hitters. arctic monkeys for example.

in a year or 2 there will be posters who are as old as mpp posting on this board.