Holy shit. I cannot stand rap music. This is not a rap album. This is something else

Holy shit. I cannot stand rap music. This is not a rap album. This is something else.

There’s some serious 80s darkwave and minimal synth influence on this record. I think I love it.

Attached: B4744048-F405-4B36-B40F-05B98DFA3BCD.jpg (1200x1196, 34.65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/221AHxzcXCs
youtu.be/TUfuDKKGQxU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's emo rap

Ok! :)

>reinvents rap music for the 21st century
based Kanye

you might be into this album

Attached: Devonte - Ill Matters.png (10x10, 428)

Kanye said its a pop album.

Yeah, that's half of why it's good.

Kanye West from 2007-2013. Graduation to Yeezus, was a the greatest forse in pop music. He reinvented his sound on every album while generating and dictating global hits

was the greatest force* just to correct the spelling

Based Yeezus enjoyer

I hear a lot of people say that, care to elaborate?

He employs huge teams of producers and fires them about 2 weeks in. He is a manager, a very good one with sublime taste. where most musicians tend to be average joes and janes, he archieves to be an artists that doesn't pidgeonhole himself to one-singular aesthetic. Based Ye

But how does that change the music indsutry. I've always thought that Kanye innovated music in a way, that other people started incorparating his innovations.

youtu.be/221AHxzcXCs

No one has ever done his style of creating music before. When you look at contemporary trap/hip-hop production you have one guy responsible for programming drums another for melodies and someone who ties it all together. This collaborative work ethic !amongst producers! is a fairly recent development. All of this was pioneered by the man himself kanye.

It's interesting if you only listen to rap mostly

Being emotional and melodic in rap music was not a mainstream thing before 808s and Heartbreak. Without 808s you don't get Drake or really any of these newer age "emorap" types. Kanye got shit all over for this release in the rap community because it was "pussy shit". He single handedly made emotion and melody in rap music cool and respected. 808s is oft referred to as his worst album and because of this remains his most underrated work.

Street Lights is soooooooo fucking good.

youtu.be/TUfuDKKGQxU

808s is the most influential album of this century

Unfortunately it was something that introduced a lot of kids in the black community to something aside from their parents Ojays Records and their older brothers Nas Records. It was something fresh, something different, and from someone they could identify with to some extent.

basically a lot of modern day hip hop artists were very inspired by 808s and heartbreak. the album directly influnced the sound of a lot of rap today.

My dad showed my the live version when i was around 11. That was like 2012, he's 58 now.