I start an album, skip around a song for about 10 seconds and if it doesn't catch my attention i move onto the next one...

i start an album, skip around a song for about 10 seconds and if it doesn't catch my attention i move onto the next one. if more than 1 song sounds good to me while doing this then i will listen to the whole thing in full but only then

Attached: pilk.jpg (300x297, 15.31K)

you can usually tell if you'll like the music by listening just a fragment of the song
if you notice there's nothing interesting to keep on listening or if it's something not of your liking in that fragment, there's no need to listen to the whole album

Pleb
Pleb

PLAY A RECORD YOU IDIOT

Based forcing yourself to listen to music you don't enjoy

alright

if any part of a song isn't good, why listen to it?

Listening to a new album from beginning to end is forcing myself to focus on music I never have listened to.
Listening to the whole album a second time after I was "meh" on first thorough listen would be listening to music I don't enjoy.
And by skipping around like OP you can only grasp whatever is catchy and simple enough to fit in a couple of seconds. Some people like their music like that, but complexity takes a bit more of an attention span.

To listen to the good parts?

maybe in life that's a great strategy because you enjoy your pleasures while you can but not under circumstances you can actually control like music selection.

It's sad how music is just background noise to zoomers.

>wheel in the sky keeps on turning

Attached: gf.jpg (1280x720, 71.22K)

you're never gonna be happy if you let things like this bother you

A loud bang at the end of a lonesome walk in the woods hits in a different way than a loud bang midway through your shift in a steel mill
I don't know user, I feel like this stuff is self-explanatory. Not saying one approach is better than the other, but... you should already know.

I do this too but I mostly listen to bleeps and hip hop so I know if it knocks or not pretty quickly

I've never heard a slow burn that wasn't also good while it was picking up steam

don't care

What are you even doing here?

Can't relate. What music do you listen to?

>don't care

Attached: aefad.png (650x494, 469.54K)

Most albums, even experimental/weird/difficult ones, take a handful of concepts and expand on them over the course of the album. So any given segment is likely to be a representative microcosm of the total experience. Even if the album is long stretches of minimalist post-rock interrupted by occasional sounds, if you skip through 5 to 7 points and it's mostly silence, you'd have to be retarded to think any other given 5 to 7 points will be loud noise rock, latin jazz fusion, or dream pop instead. Now what to do then if you think minimalist sounds and post-rock are kinda gay and boring? Listen to it anyway, like a big OCD idiot?

Lots of progressive electronic, noisey, new agey type music. Lately listening to a lot of that kind of ambient techno stuff where it's pretty low scope but with tons of sound design in the high end. Stuff like Four Tet gets me rock hard.

silence

Kill yourself immediately

Why do all zoomers literally have ADHD?

sad people always say this

Then that's a cool ability you have. I can't do it. I don't think I'm interested, even. I often ask random people for albums they like, and I'll listen to the whole thing, no matter what, as long as I never listened to it. Even if I don't enjoy it, I'll give it a listen to see if I understand what somebody else saw in it, and then never listen to it again. I guess this is another answer to , sometimes I do things for enjoyment, sometimes for understanding.

oh yeah technology-induced ADD and living in an insane cartoon world probably plays a part too and most of it is probably a coping mechanism for that but what can you do we're only cattle