Pat Benatar
Kate Bush
Devo
Duran Duran
Eminem
Eurythmics
Judas Priest
Fela Kuti
MC5 (This one is very likely going to get in as "early influence" this time around if they don't make it regularly)
New York Dolls
Dolly Parton
Rage Against the Machine
Lionel Richie
Carly Simon
A Tribe Called Quest
Dionne Warwick
etcanada.com/news/863398/dolly-parton-kate-bush-and-a-tribe-called-quest-among-2022-rock-hall-of-fame-nominees/

Attached: ojn.png (225x225, 4.27K)

what is the point of the hall of fame?
what do the winners get?

Jesus Christ. Why don’t they just put Sonic Youth or Pixies in and call it a day?

They should call ot the music hall of fame at this point. They already inductee 2pac how is he fucking rock and roll

It's hilarious because they are trying so hard to induct females for "diversity" but refuse to induct Sonic Youth, Pixies, Smashing Pumpkins or New Order for who knows what fucking reason despite all of them having female band members and meeting criteria.
They are trying to make it seem like females can only be singers

Wow they're all horrible

The point of the hall of fame is to make money. It's a big pyramid in Ohio and you need to pay to enter. Idk what the winners get beyond the "honor" of induction into the pyramid

He's more rock and roll than Carly Simon

>pat benatar

yuck
you just know those boomer fags will vote her in over devo and kate bush

The whole Hall of Fame is invalid until Iron Maiden gets in

How the fuck are Priest, Motorhead, and Maiden still not in? Those are some of the biggest rock icons of all time. Instead theyre more concerned about getting rappers and 70s soft rock singers in apparently.

I mayyybe get Priest and Motorhead taking their time to get there, but fucking MAIDEN?? They're both massively popular and influential, the big 3 of metal are Maiden, Black Sabbath and Metallica it makes no sense

its all political bullshit. rrhof is ran by the guys from rolling stone magazine, so its a bunch of boomer rock critics who look down on metal

I'm shocked they put Roxy Music in before any of those. I like Roxy Music but they werent super commercially successful in the US and seem kind of weird for the hall, and even they got in before these bands who are iconic classic rock bands? Strange

kate's bush lol

roxy music have a lot of influence and werent totally unknown back then. they had minor success and a couple hits, and in england they were huge. critics respect them, but even then they had to wait forever.

the metal bands had a harder time with those artsy critic types and they still carry a bit of a bias most likely.

see christgau's opinions on 70s hard rock and metal to get a sense of what these new york critic snobs think

Dickinson is on record roasting them to shit so I doubt that'll happen

Based Bruce

Dont the inductees get to vote? I'd think bands like Metallica would be making a huge case for them

Maybe the RRHOF will become more based as time goes on and the Jann Wenner dinosaurs are phased out

too many white males, not even joking

Roxy Music were one of the most innovative bands of the 70s and gave Brian Eno a career, who ended up inventing ambient music and becoming one of the most influential producers of all time. That's one of the few times the RRHOF got an induction right.

The fact that theyre starting to put Kraftwerk, DM, The Cure, Roxy Music into the hall and are discussing Devo, Eurythmics, Kate Bush, Duran Duran indicates they may finally start to acknowledge alternative music.

Main problem with that is they want to put in Duran Duran and Eurythmics before something more important like New Order, The Smiths, etc. but those will probably get in eventually

Where is Oasis?

will probably take another decade or so