Why do britbongs look... like that... ?

why do britbongs look... like that... ?

how much does image affect success?

Attached: the-beaters.jpg (1184x1600, 230.24K)

>why do britbongs look... like that... ?
>not like our glamorous American celebrities
>how much does image affect success?
A lot less in England in the '60's than in America, apparently.

Ringo is the only bong

George was a cutie

the beatles were all about controlling their image...

Attached: pete.jpg (600x600, 72.35K)

Does there exists a band that DIDN'T have a carefully curated image that got massively successful?
Most successful band that completely disregarded image that comes to mind is Pixies, but they aren't successful enough imo.

Are there any bands that reached 'legendary status' that didn't give a fuck about image. Bands like Nirvana, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin all put a lot of attention into image, marketing and promoting, moreso than people realize. Every step is carefully calculated. The music business is as fake and sleazy as any other entertainment industry, but at least in the days of the beatles your image had to at least stem from somewhere genuine and the business had not been completely corrupted yet. I think Nirvana are the last band to hit that peak of legendary fame. Nowadays they can make the best big popstar practically in a lab but they can't get a long expiration date. they're only good for a year at most. next step is to stuff our artificial popstars full of preservatives so we can REALLY extendn their fucking shelf life oh wait thats basically what they're doing with fucking holograms
fuck me

>look up
>see this
what do?

Attached: FKjPdInXoAENJOv.jpg (900x620, 102.01K)

most of the ones who "dont give a fuck about their image" really cared a lot that they didnt look like they cared about appearances

yeah thats why I pointed at Nirvana specifically a couple times, Kurt was really good at that shit and comes to mind immediately. He was much more of a businessman than his 14yo naive diehard fanboys would ever realize or admit

Dire straits come to my mind immediatly. They seem pretty honest and knopfler is a top bloke

Attached: dire_straits.jpg (225x225, 4.39K)

good choice, but i wouldn't call them legendary, tho. not even as big as ac/dc
their level of fame is similar to like fleetwood mac which is ALMOST legendary, but maybe just a tier or two below bands like Pink Floyd or even The Ramones

i dont know, to be fair, they arent as big as the beatles or pink floyd, but where im from a lot more people know them than the ramones or fleetwood mac, and everyone, and i really mean everyone, knows money for nothing, walk of life and sultans of swing are nearly just as well known, in my country, money for nothing is even in the schoolbooks for the english courses, so i personally would call them legendary

fair point. The Scorpions' song 'Wind of Change' is as popular in the east as 'Stairway to Heaven' is in the west, thanks to the CIA pushing an anti-communist agenda. it could be heavily location-dependent.

btw here are my rankings. thoughts?
(not a ranking of quality of music btw, just a ranking of their legendary status)

S-tier
>The Beatles
>Led Zeppelin
>Nirvana
>The Rolling Stones
>Pink Floyd
A-tier
>The Who
>The Ramones
>Hendrix
>Aerosmith
>Queen
>AC/DC
>Black Sabbath
>Metallica
>Van Halen
>Journey
B-tier
>Fleetwood Mac
>The Beach Boys
>Dire Straits
>Bon Jovi
>CCR
>The Eagles
>Guns N' Roses
>Red Hot Chili Peppers
>U2
>Lynyrd Skynyrd
>The Doors
>The Stooges
>The Velvet Underground
>Talking Heads
>Devo
C-tier
>Green Day
>Foo Fighters
>Pearl Jam
>Kings of Leon
>The Police
>Rush
>Linkin Park
>Pixies
>Alice in Chains
>Coldplay
>Joy Division
D-tier
>Sly and the Family Stone
>The Temptations
>Paul Revere & The Raiders
>NMH
>Built to Spill
>The Kingsmen
>The Replacements
>American Football
E-tier
>Slint
>mbv
>Animal Collective
>Rip Rig + Panic
>Vixen
>Deerhunter
>Can
>Duster

i have to respectfully disagree with your ranking, where the fuck are you from, that queen is on the a-tier, or the doors on the same level as stooges or velvet gunderground, but forget it i see no point in arguing, it differs from location to location, except for queen,they are so fucking popular, they are honestly now more popular than pink floyd and on a level with led zeppelin and rolling stones just a bit below beatles.

Attached: concerned_look.jpg (1024x937, 59.33K)

Based

It’s a no from me, dawg

>The Police, Rush, Alive in Chains in C tier
>Nirvana in S
wow

I want to fuck 60s Paul

Attached: file-20211115-19-yzteh0.jpg (640x633, 17.46K)

let me see yours, faggots
I want to fuck 60s John

Attached: john-6.jpg (615x680, 61.69K)

whos the most faggy dude
S-Tier
>(you)
D-Tier or lower
>the rest

here ya go

Attached: rog.png (270x348, 93.78K)

>insecure faggot calls other ppl faggy
shocking