How the fuck do i write a song

how the fuck do i write a song

Attached: _91408619_55df76d5-2245-41c1-8031-07a4da3f313f.jpg (976x850, 57.91K)

Same way as everyone else, copy what others do but change the words, melody and notes

Literally just write down some insane bipolar ramblings and scream it out 30 minutes later

I get that but I don't understand the details

cut up words from a newspaper or magazine and draw them out of a hat.

Attached: 1402861711648.jpg (694x530, 111.92K)

hmmm, i will try this

Have you never written a song in your head? Do that but actually play the music and sing the lyrics. What are you even asking?

A good way to learn is by learning other songs. Try to see why they work, the chord progressions they use and so on. Learn a song or two inside out and dissect it.

think of the greatest sadness in your life and write about how you feel
doesn't have to be sad just something that evokes emotion
what is your story?

do you mean lyrics or instrumentally speaking?

instrumentally mainly

No songwriter does this. You don't know what you're talking about. Having been influenced by someone isn't the same as copying the blueprint of some existing song and then modifying it.

Of course they do this. Not all of them, but plagiarism is a real thing.

They were implying it's a normal thing to do or something that should be done.

ok an easy way of starting out with a basic frame for a song would be to put a chord progression together.

ok let's say I get a chord progression, what then?

play notes in the song's key melodically

Consider building it into a structure, start with a few notes or a loop and build around it as you see fit.

Kinda hum a melody over it, then put words to that

Thanks bros. I'll try to make something.

kinda complicated, you haven't specified on whether you want to do it in acoustic or digital. both have different varies of difficulty, but it is easier if you get used to laying down ideas.

Do this only if you want to sound as redundant and formulaic as everybody else. There’s a reason why rock is dead, rap is dying and even zoomers prefer old music to new music. Everybody sounds the same now. Your only hope if you ever want to be relevant as a musician is to avoid learning how to “write songs” the way everyone else does and create your own fucked up musical language to make something that’s actually original and isn’t shit, which is hard to do.

You pretty much just have to close your eyes and wing it and hope for the best. It’s not possible to make relevant music anymore by sticking to any of the existing songwriting formats. All of the ideas and influenced have been mixed, matched regurgitated, chopped, screwed, fused, electrified, “post-“ed and “-waved” again and again for over 20 years now by “indie” bands and shitty DJs. There is nothing left in modern music besides patchwork plagiarism.

Phil came in right, strummed a tune on his guitar and I said: that's a number one record.

Step 1: Listen to a lot of music (or the same music, often)
Step 2: Pay attention (important)
Step 3: Hum a note.
Step 4: Hum another note after the first one. Try to make it sound good. If you can't make it sound good, go back to steps 1 and 2.

Yeah well try writing a doom/sludge album where it has to sound different but the same or else

you have two hours to post results

You just made that up. That's not true.

you are absolutely correct