/prog/ general

Yes #1

Attached: 8DD3F428-4414-4EF1-95B6-5F935F5D55FE.jpg (1425x1425, 494.52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p0JbBXDTjtQ
youtu.be/tRRweUMe8gc
youtu.be/Jh3MrqT0USI
youtu.be/rjj5QeGmuho
youtu.be/Hu-q_6-aLoM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i'm currently going through the whole Yes discography and I'll be listening to this and Topographic Oceans tomorrow. All I know about Relayer is that it has that guy who made The Moody Blues such a boring band in the 80s that they had to kick him out, so I'm a little biased against it.

Relayer is a grower, at least it was for me.

My gf loves Jon Anderson's voice; two of our favorite songs as a couple are And You And I, and Time and a Word

I love the production on Relayer. It's really gritty and distorted and it adds that very peculiar punch. Also Gates Of Delirium is one of top 5 Yes songs.

youtube.com/watch?v=p0JbBXDTjtQ
I found this rare gem and I think it's the first dubstep ever (2:30 starting). It's from 1983 what the fuck!

My personal favourite

Attached: c0f830d324e822b881fbd0b2d90a842b.1000x1000x1.jpg (1000x1000, 60.46K)

Local prog band from 1976. Fucking love it 2:20 onwards.
youtu.be/tRRweUMe8gc

How do I get into avant prog?

VdGG is so good bros it's unreal. They made prog click for me like a month ago. I was a psych fan before and didn't like basically any prog.

What song convinced you and how many times did you listen to it before you loved it?

breddy gud

It was two songs, Refugees into White Hammer. With refugees the vocals started making sense and then on White Hammer I started to appreciate the circular songwriting/grooves. Everyone talks about the ending of white hammer but the rest of the song is impossible not to groove to. I probably heard Least We Can Do a few times in full and then played songs from it randomly because I sensed something was there

This and Drama are in my top 5, alongside the 71-72 albums.

Neat. Many of VdGG/Hammill's slow songs are underrated.

I don't know if anyone in these threads cares for Big Big Train(they're a bit derivative of Genesis I think) but RIP to the vocalist.

Attached: cover_1732112712022_r.jpg (1000x1000, 140.35K)

I really liked Tales when I was 16-20. Then I lost it. There are good sections, and it helps to know the entire double album well to know what sections are really cool. But as an album experience I can't stomach it anymore without trying. I talked to my uncle about it, he said the same exact thing. Really liked it for a couple years then it drops off hard lol. Enjoy it while you can, I remember the revealing science of god being great

I discovered this Finnish prog/psych rock band last week and this song is pretty neat
youtu.be/Jh3MrqT0USI

Attached: Screenshot_20220127-205337_Spotify.jpg (425x430, 120.09K)

You don’t get into it you try it and see if it filters you or not
I’d start with Henry cow they are well rounded and consistent

Nice to see prog generals are still going
youtu.be/rjj5QeGmuho

One of my favourite albums
youtu.be/Hu-q_6-aLoM

Attached: strawbs-hero-and-heroine-Cover-Art.jpg (600x599, 46.93K)