Are rappers musically talented?

Before answering that, what I mean is if you were to take the “best” rapper and throw him into a room full of instruments, do you think they could make good songs?

Attached: 764D2713-B829-43BA-A781-BF7382E45E49.jpg (250x225, 6.35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=CxnaPa8ohmM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

are you one of those "the computer isn't an instrument" JROTC band geeks?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 165.9K)

a computer isn't an instrument though it's a composition tool

>composition tool
so an instrument?

Is a mixer an instrument?

you're right it's not an instrument it's the entire studio

>random digression
depends how you use it I guess but doesn't really address anything

maybe some idk, i would think almost anyone thrown into a room full of instruments would struggle to make a good song. songwriting and playing instruments are two different skills. not everyone that plays music plays multiple instruments. it's a weird question my nigga.

andre 3000 plays multiple instruments so yeah i think he would be able to do that

I suppose it depends if they can play any of the instruments. Same hypothetical scenario could be applied to a professional opera singer. Do they only specialize in vocals? Does that make them not musically talented?

Yes, rap requires talent
Here's my boy, check him
m.youtube.com/watch?v=CxnaPa8ohmM

A lot of kids that end up making rap music came from a background where buying a musical instrument wasn't a possibility and they often rely on school programs that usually get cut anyway so there's the answer you don't want to hear but is true.

>depends how you use it
Anything that makes noise is an instrument?

100% yes
It's not even that radical of an idea

i think sometimes they can be good at writing melody, if you have a band jamming they could probably write soemthing

Is a dog an instrument?

Attached: seamus.jpg (995x519, 120.5K)

you could probably take a sample of a bark and turn it into a synth stab and make a whole instrumental out of it. that's not a bad idea I wonder if anybody has done that.

Doesn’t matter, all black boys aspire to be rappers or basketball players because that’s their only role models and all wiggers aspire to just be black

Flava Flav of all people is a multi-instrumentalist, don't know if he could make a good instrumental song on his own though.

Some are
Andre 3000, Kanye
Really "rapping" isnt making the music in rap anyway, producing is

some producers are musically talented, but they are few and far between
rappers at best are good lyricists/poets, that's the most they could strive for, but they are few and far between