Piper

Did they ever top this? I've only heard DSoTM and wish you were here, a few times and they were alright. Neither were anywhere near as good as an Astronomy Domine, or a Lucifer Sam, and sure as fuck not Interstellar Overdrive.

Attached: cover.jpg (1400x1400, 739.07K)

No, not even close. This was Syd’s moment of brilliance teetering on the edge just a few months before his total mental collapse. An album of this quality can only be made by somebody in those circumstances.

I agree with you. For me Pink Floyd was not the same without Syd Barrett.

>it sounds like any other late 60's psychedelic rock but the frontman is cRaZy!!

Attached: soyjak-soyjakinfinity.gif (640x620, 3.38M)

I GOT A BIKE YOU CAN RIDE IF YOU LIKE
IT GOT A BASKET A BELL THAT RINGS AND THINGS TO MAKE IT LOOK GOOD.

Attached: 1599839011301.jpg (691x676, 63.49K)

>all tobaccos taste the same
>all bottled waters taste the same
>i'm a cuck

>tfw the sixth minute of Interstellar Overdrive
Sounds like you're an astronaut stranded inside a spaceship with alarms going off. Absolutely incredible for the 60s. Is there there other Pink Floyd song post DSOTM that captures this or was this just Syd making this shit?

Attached: 1642874266318.gif (284x284, 604.33K)

Saucerful is more consistent but doesn't hit the same highs as Piper

i love syds solo albums

You really haven't heard PATGOD until you've heard it in MONO!
And if you like this album I recommend Syd's solo albums. And if you want a punk version of it, listen to A Can of Bees by The Soft Boys.

Why did their instrumentals get so damn boring after this album?

i fucking hate this album desu

The more I listen to this and the singles around this era, the more I like it. I hate yuppie era Pink Floyd so much it's unreal.

no but meddle is their second greatest imo, listen to that immediately if you havent, echoes is in the same vein of interstellar overdrive. atom heart mother is also really good but sort of pathetic & crap at the same time (3rd best imo i really like it)

there's also More the soundtrack album which is a bit eclectic but has a couple gems

the wall is shit and animals is mid, you can procrastinate listening to those desu.

I don’t particularly agree with your sentiment but I get where you’re coming from. Especially when insulting these dweebs

listen to vegetable man, and scream thy last scream. two songs from syd that were cut from saucerful of secrets

Check out "Relics", bro. It's a compilation of their early hits and most are in the same vein. Also the live side of "Ummagumma" has their best Syd era track imo - "Careful With That Axe, Eugene"

I agree the wall is shit, but why do you prefer AHM over Animals?

Corporal Clegg is better than any song on piper.
Suck my dick if you disagree

Corporal Clegg could've easily been on PATGOD. It's got Syd written all over it.

the album after is okay too