/prod/ - music production general

Memorial Edition

Post what you're looking for in feedback. GIVE feedback to GET feedback.

Upload WIPs to Vocaroo (or any other ANONYMOUS file hosting site). You may NOT link to Soundclouds, Bandcamp - anything resembling self-promotion will be ignored.

Resources:
>Pastebin - Links, books, videos, articles, tutorials
pastebin.com/qtDwktHP

>/prod/ wiki
mu-sic-production.wikia.com

>Mixing Secrets and misc. resources
mediafire.com/folder/64bx81yayqzch/Production

Previous:

Attached: 1612913973146.webm (720x480, 1.28M)

Other urls found in this thread:

voca.ro/131a9OkWTNSY
vocaroo.com/19ppdBP3nLGn
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

voca.ro/131a9OkWTNSY
Thots about this?

Attached: 1636387301265.jpg (384x384, 40.5K)

The fuck is wrong with me?
I sit behind real piano and play some good melodies just completely out of my head. I also can imagine good songs in my head and play them
When i sit behind any DAW and see all these "blocks" and "patterns" all of my shit becomes robotic and i kind of get lost in that control. My result in DAW is always a soulless video game soundtrack with no progression or anything. When i sit and play real piano nothing holds me i just play. I fucking hate it.

Finish your composition on the piano, produce it in the daw?
And do note that even the best of kontakt orchestral libraries is going to sound stiff and sterile compared to the real thing.
You can spend some money and have a orchestra play it. Lots of those in Prague.

Making fun of dead people is pretty awful and vile. Rest in power SOPHIE

started working on this demo this weekend (scratch vocals), thoughts? will return feedback.

vocaroo.com/19ppdBP3nLGn

Attached: 1609266866500.jpg (1170x1170, 482.54K)

One thing you can do is hook up a midi keyboard, fire up a piano vst, press record, look away from your DAW and just jam. One you are done. Press stop, listen back, and arrange the best parts. It's really that easy.

Sounds like jumbled noise (not in a good way). Try again (also, turn your bass down and try to get your parts to synchronize better, especially the kick and bass.

rest in pieces

This is great user. A bit muddy, but the idea is really strong. For some reason, I'm getting heavy 90s vibes.

Attached: 1616620217570s.jpg (250x250, 9.46K)

>Rest in power
lmfao what power?
nigga didn't even have power over his own body
he couldn't even look at the fucking moon without dying
WHAT A JOKE

Attached: laughter.jpg (600x404, 62.42K)

fawk i'm getting some heavy flashbacks from 1997-2000.
reminds me of Sublime

Meedback Monday

Interesting vibe. The first half feels a bit spooky but also calming. I emjoy the piano part in the middle a lot and I think it breaks up the track nicely. It does feel weird to go back to the first part afterwards and I'd have preferred to stay on the second part longer or maybe even end it on that part.

Beat is fresh with a dash of dreaminess from that "falling star". The guitar and vocals bring in a completely unexpected vibe that I like a lot.

SHUT UP
Have some fucking decency

Attached: e05.jpg (498x441, 40.65K)

Am going to make it?

Attached: a1f3fe85-79bf-4690-8487-f16ad26290d2-VPC_DOG_SMILES_DESK_THUMB.jpg (1911x1075, 83.51K)

Fucking great! When and where release?

22. feb. 22 everywhere but spotify for obvious reasons

Hit me with a link

Fuck you chud, you're just closeted homosexual and envious of SOPHIE'S empowerment

It boggles my mind that you can find more inspiring sounds in Garageband stock shit much quicker than in most highly paid plug-ins. It doesn't make any sense

thanks for the love user. it means a lot. looking to finish this month. don't listen to this user , i'm the person that made it

Attached: 1623108734453.jpg (1024x1024, 75.71K)

Well, the 90's is hot again so maybe? Just get some hot girl to sing on it.

you can find good sounds anywhere retard. stop judging books by their cover.

Where did I say you couldn't you dumbfuck.

chill the fuck out before i rail your mother in the ass

I like to touch myself

Attached: dickbutt.jpg (300x300, 11.02K)