Beginner guitar tutorials:
justenguitar.com/
youtube.com/c/Guitar/Lessons/Online

Music Theory for Musicians and Normal People:
musictheory.pugetsound.edu/tm21c/frontmatter.html
tobyrush.com/theory/pages/

Only website you'll ever need:
grunfy.com/scaler.html

Attached: malmsteen.jpg (1200x675, 210.19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=htAZD7Jh7Ms
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

My issue with Strats is the 21 frets. it's simply not enough for my lead playing. I have been playing exclusively 24 fret guitars for the past decade.
i would actually love to own a Strat but it's just not modern enough for my needs

When you see guitars with a maple fingerboard with dingy wear patina like that (also reminded of Clapton's Blackie" and others'), is it really a case of these guys played so much that they wore off the finish or did they simply not use quality coating on the polyurethane/gloss or whatever back when those vintage necks were originally made? Or did the players used to sand off the gloss for a more satin-y feel, thus exposing it to dirt & grime?

Attached: -1x-1.jpg (630x420, 52.16K)

Playing any past the 15th fret is effectively masturbation

Worn

Lacquer is thinner and more delicate than modern poly finishes. So it's both.

for most it's that they played the guitar for years and years straight and it just wears away the finish and gets dirty
think about it. when on tour you are playing the guitar constantly between rehearsals, soundcheck, and on stage. hours and hours every day for months on end. not to mention the stage lights are hot so you sweat. all that sweat and oil and dirt builds up and erodes the finish
bedroom players playing for a 30 minutes a day in their AC rooms don't play anything close to that much so they don't understand

much thinner coats of nitro finishes that break down with sweat and light. guitars from 70s on use poly finishes that are much harder to damage

what a retarded comment. i'm filtering you from now on. so long faggot

>use amp sim software and headphones
>now I can't play with feedback or get it in my recordings
Gonna use a PA speaker instead of the headphones now. What microphone/positioning should I use to record the speaker in a bedroom, and how can I dampen the room sound without spending a fortune?

i use studio monitors and get feedback
a decent pair of cheap monitors costs as much as some good headphones

ritchie blackmore
>plays strats
>scallops the frets
>played Marshalls (uses Engl now though)
>only wears black
>outspoken to the point people call him "arrogant"
>doesn't use cases or stands for his guitars, just leans them against each other against a wall
>uses classically influenced scales and phrasing in his music
>is actually a really nice guy

yngwie malmsteen
>plays strats
>scallops the frets
>played Marshalls
>only wears black
>outspoken to the point people call him "arrogant"
>doesn't use cases or stands for his guitars, just leans them against each other against a wall
>uses classically influenced scales and phrasing in his music
>is actually a really nice guy

yngwie makes more sense when you realize every aspect of his life is centered around him larping as blackmore.

i could actually go on
blackmore
>very interested in the renaissance
>his home is full of medieval tapestries and paintings, coat of arms stuff

malmsteen
>lots of medieval related stuff
>knight armor, swords, etc

even down to how he decorates his home he's larping as blackmore.
if ritchie were to go out and buy an aston martin ynwgie would sell his ferraris that instant and get an aston

Now if only yngwie had made even a sligh portion of all the amazing music blackmore made

I have an old spanish guitar that's been eating dust for years because I don't like the feel of nylon strings and the wide neck

Metalheads deserve to be publicly shamed.

>scalloped frets
Does Blackmore even do the guitar god-y stuff anymore since he's gone the Blackmore's Night renfair music route? I figured he'd be playing lutes & such.

Attached: jousting.jpg (635x791, 105.66K)

Yeah he uses a lot of acoustics, 12 strings and mandolins, etc. but he still does some electric parts. Not to mention he still does shows with full bands where he plays Deep Purple stuff. It's a mix
He slowed down a lot obviously since he's almost 80 but he's still rocking like always

in fact here is one his best Blackmore's Night songs. He does an electric guitar solo during it which is fucking excellent
youtube.com/watch?v=htAZD7Jh7Ms

All my guitars have a tremolo of some sort and the pickup ground wire is soldered to the bridge claw, where does that wire go in guitars without that claw?

>turns off his trip because he knows people are filtering him
what a loser

on hardtail the ground wire sticks out the back and you put it inside your dickhole