What went wrong...

What went wrong? Within the space of a few years he went from being one of the most loved artists in indie music to being pretty much forgotten.

Attached: Mac_Demarco_by_Coley_Brown_April_2019_High_Res_02.jpg (1200x800, 513.16K)

I don’t understand how he got popular the first place.
I don’t understand why indie kids wanted to dress like him
I don’t understand any of it

We live in complicated times
He pretty much fell off himself. It just goes to show that standing relevant is a choice. He had everything going on for him to make it big. He just decided to fuck off and just not try so hard, to make great music, he'd probably shit whatever and say 'eh, good enough'. Two and Salad Days were groundbreaking because he was actually trying

Alex Calder

Attached: Alex.jpg (1200x795, 221.15K)

Can someone give me a rundown on this guy?

The man who would never be...what they made him to be.

He makes music that sounds similar to Mac DeMarco

he went from making fun rock music to disbanding his band and making shitty stripped down folkie crap. he just stopped giving a fuck, and so did everyone else.

no social media
no releases

I saw him live twice. The second time was at an outdoor ampitheter, and before the show started I could see into the side stage where the band was waiting and hanging out. I saw Mac, and for a second I thought he was looking back at me, making eye contact, but I wasnt sure so I gave a peace sign, and he really had been looking at me because he threw his head back and cackled and gave a peace sign back.

It was so weird to have an interaction like that, a greeting, 30 yards apart

that's wholesome and exactly how I'd expect something to happen with him

if only you knew how bad things really are

He stopped being attractive so the industry stopped astroturfing him
>I don’t understand how he got popular the first place
Have you listened to it? Very melodic, easy listening and chill. Kinda “le sad” too. Kinda similar to The Smiths in that regard
> I don’t understand why indie kids wanted to dress like him
It was not just indie kids. He and that way of dressing became a big hit among frat boy types
But I’m not sure if that was from him. Maybe he was just dressing like people back then were dressing?

>indie flavor of the month hyped by p4k and fantano stop being relevant
are you asking? what's anco for example?

He could've saved rock just chose not to

His aesthetic really aligns with youth, especially for people around the age range of 13-21. He's not at all forgotten. I have little nephews who listen to him and absolutely love the vibe that he helped popularize. His influence will be here for a while.

started releasing bad/meh music.
Many such cases!

From what I hear he's been having a sort of midlife crisis, he turned 30 and started balding and doesn't feel like the hip young rock star anymore. Plus Covid messing up his touring probably dampened his spirit as well.

Attached: file.png (750x1334, 878.2K)

>He stopped being attractive
Did you really think he was popular because he was "attractive"?

Attached: file.png (557x600, 362.12K)

Starting with This Old Dog, he was making a conscious deliberate effort to distance himself from his usually associated sound. Unfortunately that move also made his music sound more boring and conventional in a soft rock kind of way.

I still miss his old rockier, watery sounding off tune guitar.

He was a guy who made music like Mac DeMarco but he got cancelled over groping a woman or some shit.

>but he got cancelled over groping a woman or some shit.
They just want us to stop having sex when we get popular, don't they

maybe he just suck?