/classical/

Minor English church composers edition

youtube.com/watch?v=--Cqo6Rcauo

>How do I get into classical?
This link has resources including audio courses, textbooks and selections of recordings to help you start to understand and appreciate classical music:
pastebin.com/NBEp2VFh

Previous thread

Attached: 1200px-Lincoln_Cathedral_viewed_from_Lincoln_Castle[1].jpg (1200x900, 216.34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5ahACSVJotU
youtube.com/watch?v=WO8fcngi-Ow
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nibelungenwerk
youtube.com/watch?v=Dtl0xI8_MhY
youtube.com/watch?v=-hSoVLQ3SBc
youtu.be/zzBXZ__LN_M
youtube.com/watch?v=95xxj6Cvo1Y
youtube.com/watch?v=0z1NArmu6bc
desuarchive.org/mu/search/text/wagner youtu/filter/text
youtube.com/watch?v=nsdozVnJj80
vocaroo.com/1mCoJFozmFJO
youtu.be/70NoIUp7nz4?t=15
youtu.be/RBdPR_wGYSI
youtube.com/watch?v=zta-JrzgH1o
youtu.be/kTEtpKpZMtU
vlive.tv/video/216504
vlive.tv/video/273570
youtu.be/9HAIfE0h-2g
youtu.be/i2y6MXI-UpI
youtube.com/watch?v=O8KE2FeU1qc
youtube.com/watch?v=hDXWK3W477w
youtube.com/watch?v=kpz_U8wHpa8
youtube.com/watch?v=PvzcuiSAl0E
youtube.com/watch?v=a0gL3bBSEsE
voca.ro/18nfo9xadTPC
youtube.com/watch?v=UdMwTLbboBQ
youtube.com/watch?v=zvWAE9ZGF20
youtube.com/watch?v=Xka1fq_42fo
youtube.com/watch?v=DYu5eANh_x0
youtube.com/watch?v=TsnPj-Vhqnc
youtube.com/watch?v=1EIE78D0m1g
youtube.com/watch?v=O7SGiRj0Ew0
youtube.com/watch?v=TMGX6183Acs
youtu.be/N3i21beJgVM?t=125
youtu.be/N3i21beJgVM?t=217
youtu.be/N3i21beJgVM?t=239
youtu.be/N3i21beJgVM?t=279
youtu.be/N3i21beJgVM?t=361
youtu.be/N3i21beJgVM?t=405
youtu.be/N3i21beJgVM?t=447
youtu.be/N3i21beJgVM?t=545
youtu.be/JGVUJCUeAxI
youtube.com/watch?v=E-F4WLZI8hQ
vocaroo.com/13htHXbhedWQ
youtube.com/watch?v=kqCuuLOnlrw
archive.org/details/WielandDerSchmied
youtu.be/GB3zR_X25UU
youtu.be/tXiaEJvsI4s
voca.ro/15X2aV2MSfsU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for Chad Beethoven
youtube.com/watch?v=5ahACSVJotU

/classical/'s favorite piece of every decade AS DECIDED BY VOTE:

1580s: Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina - Canticum Canticorum
1590s: William Byrd - My Ladye Nevells Booke
1600s: Claudio Monteverdi - L'Orfeo
1610s: Carlo Gesualdo - Tenebrae Responsoria
1620s: Samuel Scheidt - Tabulatura Nova
1630s: Girolamo Frescobaldi - Fiori Musicali
1640s: Giacomo Carissimi - Jephte
1650s: Heinrich Schutz - Symphoniae Sacrae III
1660s: Francesco Cavalli - Ercole Amante
1670s: Jean-Baptiste Lully - Cadmus et Hermione
1680s: Henry Purcell - Dido & Aeneas
1690s: A. Corelli - Twelve Trio-Sonatas, Op. 4
1700s: A. Scarlatti - Il Mitridate Eupatore
1710s: F. Couperin - Second Livre de Pieces de Clavecin
1720s: J. S. Bach - The Well-Tempered Clavier Book I
1730s: G. B. Pergolesi - Stabat Mater
1740s: C. P. E. Bach - Wurttemberg Sonatas
1750s: J. S. Bach - The Art of Fugue
1760s: C. W. Gluck - Orfeo ed Euridice
1770s: Joseph Haydn - String Quartets, Op. 20
1780s: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - Symphony No. 41
1790s: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - Requiem
1800s: Ludwig van Beethoven - Symphony No. 3
1810s: Gioachino Rossini - The Barber of Seville
1820s: Ludwig van Beethoven - Symphony No. 9
1830s: Hector Berlioz - Symphonie Fantastique
1840s: Mikhail Glinka - Ruslan and Lyudmila
1850s: Franz Liszt - Piano Sonata in B Minor
1860s: Johannes Brahms - A German Requiem
1870s: Richard Wagner - Der Ring des Nibelungen
1880s: Richard Wagner - Parsifal
1890s: Giacomo Puccini - La Boheme
1900s: Richard Strauss - Elektra
1910s: Gustav Mahler - Symphony No. 9
1920s: Arnold Schoenberg - Variations for Orchestra, Op. 31
1930s: Edgar Varese - Ionisation
1940s: Olivier Messiaen - Turangalila Symphony
1950s: Iannis Xenakis - Metastaseis
1960s: Harry Partch - Delusion of the Fury
1970s: Alfred Schnittke - Symphony No. 1
1980s: Gérard Grisey - Les Espaces Acoustiques
1990s: Brian Ferneyhough - Terrain
2000s: Georges Aperghis - Avis de Tempête
2010s: Andrew Norman - Play
2020s: William Bland - Piano Sonata No. 17

Wagner.

Attached: image_2022-01-29_001826.png (220x220, 25.57K)

Roast my Minuet and Trio.

Attached: score.jpg (565x800, 103.9K)

heh looks like an upside down mario logo

Girls - Tchaikovsky and Shostakovich
Toddlers - Schoenberg
Boys - Beethoven and Bach
Men - Mahler
Übermenschen - Wagner and Verdi

Attached: Richard Wagner.jpg (900x750, 42.22K)

youtube.com/watch?v=WO8fcngi-Ow

I love friar choirs of the medieval ambience, there is always comfort in choirs like these, Wagner also had comfort choirs in his opera's which just further elevated his work.

Attached: image_2022-01-29_003948.png (843x1200, 1.82M)

dilate

Bach
youtube.com/watch?v=WdLgqmKAoOg

I should have gone to Lincoln when I livre in Cambridge!

I heard there is nothing at all in Lincolnshire apart from the cathedral

cute of you to think anyone cares

Wagner sucks cock.

we can't read sheet music, sorry

Bach wrote an incredible Mass, but Beethoven's Missa Solemnis is not far behind.

Bach was a technician, Beethoven was an ARTIST, and for me, music is an artform, about human expression, soul and emotion. Every single work of Beethoven's contains his entire soul within the notes, passion, anguish, melancholy, you can feel in each piece where Beethoven was at in his life. That is why for me Beethoven is the greatest musician of all time. Though, just as an aside, both Beethoven and Mozart claimed that Handle was the best composer of all time.

Handle is utter shit, though, as well all might agree.

There, Beethoven is superior to all that came before him and all that follow.

Post midi. I want to hear it, user.

nice 8-bar phrase for the minuet, bit of an unorthodox structure with the repeats and the cadence to the tonic D instead of the dominant A in bar 8

I can't take all these pastas anymore, I can't take all that Wagner spam anymore, I'm quitting this general.

I just can't stand Wagner. I must impress on you my extreme sensitivity to music. Not only do I have a sensitive disposition, but I am also autistic, which makes my relation with sensory stimuli far more hectic and precarious than what would be the case for the average person.

To give you an example of what I mean, my first encounter with Beethoven’s last piano sonata (#32) was in the days when YouTube was still up and coming. I heard the piece played in MIDI format on the website Kunst der Fuge.

I had to pause the computer-generated recording of the Beethoven sonata several times, because I could barely hear the music over the sound of my own uncontrollable sobbing. Electric frissons danced down my head and neck. The famous “boogie-woogie” variation of the Arietta left me feeling like the sky and the stars were being downloaded into my body, swirling and dancing.

Even now, half of my lifetime later, it is difficult for me to listen to that piece without swooning or crying.

It is, in a word, good music.

To that end, my first charge against, say, Wagner’s Parsifal is a purely empirical one: I feel revulsion toward it. Yes, there are impressive—even tolerable—passages in the piece, but then it erupts in cacophony or murmurs, and I wince at the dissonances and the unresolved notes.

I do not deny or doubt the ingenuity of the piece as a composition. Though Wagner was many things, lacking diligence or erudition was not one of them. Nevertheless, try as I might, I simply cannot convince myself that his works are pleasurable. I would very much like to be able to enjoy this, but I cannot. It is like with spicy food, or heavy metal, or the sound of an electric guitar: it fills me with undesirable, intolerable sensations, to the point where having no exposure to it genuinely leaves me feeling better in mind and body.

I can't take all these pastas anymore, I can't take all that Petzold spam anymore, I'm quitting this general.

I just can't stand Petzold. I must impress on you my extreme sensitivity to music. Not only do I have a sensitive disposition, but I am also autistic, which makes my relation with sensory stimuli far more hectic and precarious than what would be the case for the average person.

To give you an example of what I mean, my first encounter with Haydn’s last Allegro for Mechanical Clock (#32) was in the days when YouTube was still up and coming. I heard the piece played in MIDI format on the website [s4s].

I had to pause the computer-generated recording of the Haydn allegro several times, because I could barely hear the music over the sound of my own uncontrollable sobbing. Electric frissons danced down my head and neck. The famous “mechanical-clock” variation of the Allegro left me feeling like the sky and the stars were being downloaded into my body, swirling and dancing.

Even now, half of my lifetime later, it is difficult for me to listen to that piece without swooning or crying.

It is, in a word, good music.

To that end, my first charge against, say, Petzold’s Minuet in G is a purely empirical one: I feel revulsion toward it. Yes, there are impressive—even tolerable—passages in the piece, but then it erupts in cacophony or murmurs, and I wince at the dissonances and the unresolved notes.

I do not deny or doubt the ingenuity of the piece as a composition. Though Petzold was many things, lacking diligence or erudition was not one of them. Nevertheless, try as I might, I simply cannot convince myself that his works are pleasurable. I would very much like to be able to enjoy this, but I cannot. It is like with spicy food, or heavy metal, or the sound of an electric guitar: it fills me with undesirable, intolerable sensations, to the point where having no exposure to it genuinely leaves me feeling better in mind and body.

Life is too short to spend on Wagner's tripe.

Attached: composer-insults-wagner-1381921438-view-0.jpg (940x620, 92.19K)

I am with you on this one, it is all so tiresome, Wagnerians have ruined the entire general.

Life is too short to spend on Petzold's tripe.

Attached: oh boy time for haydn.png (720x720, 539.83K)

I am with you on this one, it is all so tiresome, Petzoldians have ruined the entire general.

Wagner should be banned from this general.

Holy shit how kino can the nazis get?
>largest tank factory in Germany during the war was the Nibelungenwerk (Nibelung factory)
>produced more than half of all the Panzer IVs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nibelungenwerk

Attached: wagner.jpg (1369x1897, 520.63K)

Petzold should be banned from this general.

Wagner sucks Petzold cock.

youtube.com/watch?v=Dtl0xI8_MhY

Wagner is the reason i got into classical in the first place. It was either Wagner or Beethoven who coerced me into this discipline if memory serves me right. It is ok if you hate the spam, but his music is not at all like you describe. I immediately feel like a young man with potential when i listen to Wagner, i want to create magnificent fairy tale castles like the Neuschwanstein. I want to contribute to humanity in a very noble and beautiful way, Wagner helped me during my worst days, he saved me from the depths of pessimism. When my partner separated from me, it was Wagner who came to my aid. Wagner is the reason i am still enduring to this day. I always thought that Humans were incapable of creating something genuinely good other then war, misery, debauchery, destruction and genocide of mother earth, but Wagner showed me a different perspective.

That there is always some good left in the this god-forsaken world, and it is worth fighting for.

Attached: image_2022-01-29_021456.png (1044x1658, 1.13M)

Wagner's mother's maiden name was Pätz
Pätzold
coincidence???????

W for Wagner
W.
Long live Wagner

Hitler's great love was Bruckner, not Wagner. Every time there was major news, the radio played Bruckner, even after Hitler's death.

neonazis are white trash retards

Attached: AKG8181519.jpg (992x728, 294.59K)

youtube.com/watch?v=-hSoVLQ3SBc

Petzold is the reason i got into classical in the first place. It was either Petzold or Haydn who coerced me into this discipline if memory serves me right. It is ok if you hate the spam, but his music is not at all like you describe. I immediately feel like a young man with potential when i listen to Petzold, i want to create magnificent fairy tale castles like the Moritzburg. I want to contribute to humanity in a very noble and beautiful way, Petzold helped me during my worst days, he saved me from the depths of pessimism. When my partner separated from me, it was Petzold who came to my aid. Petzold is the reason i am still enduring to this day. I always thought that Humans were incapable of creating something genuinely good other then war, misery, debauchery, destruction and genocide of mother earth, but Petzold showed me a different perspective.

That there is always some good left in the this god-forsaken world, and it is worth fighting for.

kek.

>and for me, music is an artform, about human expression, soul and emotion
Glad you could come out to us

>MOltres
>ZApdos
>ARTicuno
could mozart be alive??

no of course not, there's no way I could live that long

>not the petzold spammer

we all are the petzold spammer

>youtube.com/watch?v=-hSoVLQ3SBc
wow this is actually nice

wow, i guess hitler actually had good taste. too bad for him bruckner didn’t write pamphlets on why jews were bad.

Girls - Schoenberg
Toddlers - Boulez
Boys - Cage
Men - Haydn
Ubermencshen - Petzold

based

youtu.be/zzBXZ__LN_M

this is better than anything Wagner or Mozart ever wrote desu.

Don't care chud, you must worship W. or leave

evidently not

Was Puccini a weeb?

youtube.com/watch?v=95xxj6Cvo1Y

this is better than anything Wagner or Mozart ever wrote desu.

Are you shills delusional enough to believe that anyone would fall for your false flagging? Have you imbeciles ever heard of subtlety? Are you guys the same trolls that raid Any Forums from time to time with the so-called trannies pictures of the Nazis? pathetic.

If you're shills, get a decent job.
If you are doing this because you believe that you can convert people that just want to listen to good music, get a fucking life.

so true!

>feeding them with chaotic degenerate music of schoenberg and mahler good.

>awakening the people to truth and giving them optimism and enlightenment bad.

it is not converting user, it is enlightening the folk. I am doing my job trying to show the world the light.

Attached: image_2022-01-29_034923.png (943x699, 1.47M)

Except that you aren't doing that, Your aim is to pretend to be a Wagner fan and behave in an obnoxious manner in an attempt to turn people against him.
Grow the fuck-up or get a decent job.

>1776
based

stay mad.

W.

>Your aim is to pretend to be a Wagner fan and behave in an obnoxious manner in an attempt to turn people against him.
there's a lot simpler way to achieve the same outcome, case in point

youtube.com/watch?v=0z1NArmu6bc
What is this? This recording (and a couple others) call it 'Contrapunctus 14 a 4'. It isn't on every Art of Fugue recording and the beginning sounds like Contrapunctus 5, but then it differs. Where does it come from?

Attached: j-s-bach-portrait-closueup-frowning-black-white_orig.jpg (1000x750, 179K)

>based
Why? I'm missing something?.
What I'm supposed to be seeing? the link is dead.

didn't notice the jannies finally learned to delete that faggot's posts
this is what I was talking about
desuarchive.org/mu/search/text/wagner youtu/filter/text

>this is what I was talking about
Jesus fucking christ.

The ones doing those raids are at the same level of mental illness as Any Forums.

you replied to bait

Wagner.

Attached: The_Honourable_Richard_Wagner.jpg (400x560, 30.84K)

>Controversy ensued last summer after Wagner denied four LGBTQ groups an opportunity to intervene in a case about a Christian law school. Notably, the judge took the rare step of explaining his decision to a newspaper reporter, insisting he was not trying to exclude voices.
lmao

looks like norm mcdonald in a santa suit

transgender (y/n)
last time you had sex

allegro for mechanical clock
trans-alpha male
last night with u're mum

Attached: trans alpha.png (649x680, 457.5K)

evidently not

youtube.com/watch?v=nsdozVnJj80
n
an attempt was made in 2016

unbelievably based

BWV 996 right now
N
2 or 3 days ago

post a vocaroo

Midi
vocaroo.com/1mCoJFozmFJO

Thanks, this is the kind of feedback I'm looking for. Some it sounds nice, but some of it sounds weird and I'm not sure why. I don't know a ton about the finer details of what goes into minuet form, just what sounds good based on Bach and Haydn minuets I've played on piano and a bit of self-study on counterpoint from Fux. Got any book recs on the technical aspects of writing baroque dance suites?

it could be worse

dilate

I like it user, it sounds like something like Clementi with more counterpoint. The melody is nice.

Anons, when you listen to Mozart's Requiem do you listen to Süssmayr's entirely original movements too i.e. everything after Hostias or do you only listen to what's based on Mozart's fragments?

Kommt, ihr Töchter, helft mir klagen
N
NEVER

Sofronitsky's Symphonic Etudes is so juicy

youtu.be/70NoIUp7nz4?t=15
A friend of mine recently told me that this tune is from a Copland piece but he couldn't name which one. Can someone tell me if this is true and what piece is it?

autistic retard

dont b mean

There are eight-string electric basses, so why no eight-string violins?

retarded post

I didn't vote

because rock musicians are retarded

Why is Purcell so undervalued and underrated?

You just know this was made by a Wagner tranny, putting the entire Ring AND Parsifal, if you were to count what composer has the most hours of music in this list it would be wagner
How do we stop wagnertrannies bros? Its so tiresome

the english are retarded

Because W.

>do you listen to Süssmayr's entirely original movements too
yes, most of it is adapted from other mozart pieces too anyway

Verdi definitely deserves a spot somewhere. Fuckin Puccini got rep'd, but no Verdi? Ridiculous.

Filtered. Germanic fluff-boys.

You will never have dental care. You have no floss, you have no toothpaste, you have no mouthwash. You are an unhygenic man twisted by tea and crumpets into a crude mockery of nature’s perfection.

All the “tally-ho’s” you get are two-faced and half-hearted. Behind your back people mock you. Your lads are disgusted and ashamed of you, your “mates” laugh at your ghoulish smile behind closed doors.

Dentists are utterly repulsed by you. Thousands of years of medical science have allowed doctors to clean teeth with incredible efficiency. Even Englishmen who “brush their teeth” look uncanny and unnatural to a dentist. Your rotting gums are a dead giveaway. And even if you manage to make an appointment with a dentist, he’ll turn tail and bolt the second he gets a whiff of your diseased, infected maw.

You will never be able to chew solid food. You wrench out a few meager strokes of the toothbrush at the top of the morning and tell yourself it’s going to be ok, but deep inside you feel the halitosis creeping up like a weed, ready to crush you under the unbearable weight.

Eventually it’ll be too much to bear - you’ll buy a rope, tie a noose, put it around your neck, buy a suicide license, and plunge into the cold abyss. Your queen will find you, heartbroken but relieved that she no longer has to live with the unbearable stench. They’ll bury you without your dentures, and every passerby for the rest of eternity will know an Englishman is buried there. Your remaining teeth will decay and go back to the dust, and all that will remain of your toiletries is a toothbrush that was never opened.

Schumann
youtu.be/RBdPR_wGYSI

This.

Easily the worst posts that appear on /classical/. I'm glad the jannies are deleting them now.

Shit, post a Wagner lied instead

Attached: intervals.png (696x484, 82.08K)

How the fuck else are you going to fit Wagner in there? None of his smaller pieces are worth being considered the best of a decade, so his whole operas have to be fitted into it. There's a limit of two pieces to every composer, how long they are is of no concern.

Please fuck off shitposting. If you asked politely for the general to post their favourite Wagner lieder I would have done so.

Wagnerfags are the worst

Mozart

youtube.com/watch?v=zta-JrzgH1o

>How the fuck else are you going to fit Wagner in there?
Pick tristan and thats it, you dont put trillons of wagner operas in the list
Stop being so biased to your epic tranny nazi composer

NGL that trio is really good

>this is a 10/10 post in Deutschland

>two wagner operas
Wow, def trillions! I didn't vote in the list but it's a completely fair judgement.

Please fuck off pretending to be an obnoxious Wagnerian btw.

There are 5 wagner operas in the list

>Alfred Schnittke - Symphony No. 1
This bait list is admittedly pretty funny.

No, the Ring is one opera.

Wagnerian bros why does our symphony suck so bad? Wagner being 19 is no excuse for writing such drivel, Mendelssohn(jew) was composing masterpieces at 16.

Attached: 15748973_401.jpg (700x394, 37.17K)

It is a cycle of four operas

no you are lol

tldr. literally nobody is reading this mate.

ctrl+f = wagner
52 results.

Attached: image_2022-01-29_090322.png (2544x4000, 3.53M)

lieder cycle = one work
opera cycle = one work

We are talking about operas, not lieders but nice try tranny

lol the anglos are seething

>We are talking about operas, not lieders
Wow, almost as if I identified them as two different things (which follow the same principle of organisation) in the post you are replying to.

What is Der Ring des Nibelungen?

faggot

Attached: Oprah, the high school years.jpg (300x300, 51.83K)

Bongs btfoed.

to each his own, i personally was not disappointed by anything from wagner other then tristan und isolde, that opera sucked "HARD".

Classical is nothing without Wagner and Beethoven, everything after 17th century was just washed down version of "them". Every major composer speaks highly of them, so yeah 52 results for Wagner are too low and he is still underrated.

youtu.be/kTEtpKpZMtU
>0:29 lenght
Was this Schoenberg basically making a tiktok?

Attached: schonberg.jpg (827x1181, 247.78K)

how can you like Schoenberg ? is it a mental disorder or something ? like schizophrenia ? or is it just mental masochism that drives you into this madness ?

it's just something called good taste

Wagner

Sucks

Cock.

Wilhelm Richard Wagner?

more like Willy Dick Vagina

Attached: binnieface.jpg (473x415, 37.33K)

ugly ass hoe

gay and stupid
vlive.tv/video/216504
vlive.tv/video/273570

not clicking on your porno sites sorry

wrong thread chang.

back to >Classical is for men.

stupid

>Classical is for men.
gay

stupid and gay

Should I learn French or Italian?

Depends on whose cock you're gonna suck.

italian is nearly universally used in music, who the fuck uses french other than the french?

Italian, Because Verdi and Puccini.

Attached: image_2022-01-29_123106.png (640x878, 609.33K)

For what? Literature? French and Russian.
If you mean Opera, The answer is clearly German and Italian.

Well I'm an ugly tranny so I doubt I could get a french or italian boyfriend either way
Yeah that's the feeling I'm getting :(
I'd rather learn french though
Alright thanks, I guess I just need to face the music
For classical music

YWNBAW

German.

W.

Attached: image_2022-01-29_123241.png (300x380, 203.56K)

I'm planning on learning German after French or Italian so don't worry

you will never be a Wagner ?

yup, true. there can never be someone like him.

Attached: image_2022-01-29_123548.png (240x320, 68.19K)

Mahler first symphony is so bad even by Mahler's standards, heck not even Sibelius wrote a Symphony that bad
>Hurr durr let me just spam trumpet fanfares over a sitting string drone
And that shit goes fo 6 minutes
Mahler was a hack

Attached: 1635573889623.png (600x765, 444.86K)

nice selfie bro

this is gonna sound odd, but I find a lot of Vivaldi's compositions offputting, its the birthday cake of classical music appetites and I don't have a sweet tooth. I usually tend towards Russian composers, so that should give you a snapshot of my taste, though Dvorak is my favorite composer overall.

Only Vivaldi's minor key compositions are good

Certified autist here unironically, actually diagnosed.

Started playing 5 years ago after hearing a specific song. It made me experience emotions that my autistic brain is not supposed to experience.

My goal was to learn the song, not just 'play it' but play it well. I learned theory, hundreds of different techniques, etc and got my level of skill on par or above the song that made me interested in playing.

Well tonight I finally achieved my goal, but now what? I don't have friends or anyone to listen to me play. I've played 8 hours per day for 5 years and the only ears who have ever heard it are my own. How do I stop being like this?

Don't get me wrong, I did not learn to play for anyone else, it never even crossed my mind.

But now after finally completing my 5 year goal, I have no one to share it with and I'm not sure how to feel about that.

I think pic related is close to how I feel

Attached: 1635011999180.jpg (584x530, 216.11K)

maybe learn a new song retard

evidently you wasted your time

Feels like it
What song? What's your favorite?

Doesn't even need to be classical if you don't want it to be. And it can be hard, I am top .2% of sight readers on piano marvel for what that's worth. I don't know what grade level I am but I can play hard songs without looking at the keys at all if that helps such as wrong note etude. I think that's about grade 10 but I can play harder stuff if I look at my hands when I need to

beethoven’s 29th sonata in b flat major. that should keep you occupied.

I already have this completed for a year or 2 now. it's not my favorite, there are a few passages that are ok but it's not very musical to me.

Anything else? Give me your absolute favorite piece of all time and I'll learn it

scriabin sonatas 7 and 9

Learn Ravel's la valse

7 is difficult sure but it doesn't even sound like music to me till about 5 minutes in. Maybe I'll try it out it will be good practice for the middle pedal.

I like 9. That's more my style. Surprised I've never heard it before. It's similar to lots of other stuff emotion evoking wise. Intense like you're entering an abyss or something. Thanks for that one.

This one's nice too. It sounds familiar but I'm not sure I've ever heard it. Maybe parts in tom and Jerry or something when I was a kid.

If you guys have more similar to Scriabin sonata 9, and ravels la valse I'd love to hear them. It's hard to find music of this type because I'm not sure exactly how to search for it, but it's exactly what I'm looking for.

If you have to ask, you won't either.

Reminder that any "classical" music made after the Baroque period is mere noise. The likes of Beethoven and Wagner are on the same artistic spectrum as Lil Peep and Post Malone. The same goes for the 20th century meme composers such as Schoenberg and Stravinsky. Domenico Scarlatti was the last truly great composer and he took the last remaining genius of musical artistry with him to his grave in 1757.

I weep every time I return to this board. We're parading around mediocre "albums" as they would call it, and feeding into the Jewish hierarchies by purchasing and supporting these modern musical puppets. Music has been reduced to the very dirt on our shoes and Bach is rolling in his grave. May God have mercy on the future of music, and may God forgive every last one of you for listening to this dreadful "Any Forumscore."

nigga fart penis

If you like a piece, then you can listen to the other pieces the composer composed. Or just click on random pieces on youtube.
More Ravel
youtu.be/9HAIfE0h-2g
youtu.be/i2y6MXI-UpI

Chopin

Attached: moravec-chopin-nocturnes.jpg (2760x2780, 2.06M)

Yeah this Ravel guy is a genius. Never heard his stuff before today but damn is it good

tried and true showpan ballade rankings
2 > 3 > 4 >>>>>> 1=poo=turd=shit

>mfw i kiss beethoven

Attached: 71c5RVumCVL._SS500_.jpg (500x500, 30.37K)

Attached: 677.jpg (598x574, 26.26K)

youtube.com/watch?v=O8KE2FeU1qc

Attached: WEBER.jpg (320x180, 8.56K)

fool of a took

bloviating repugnance

everyone talks about how it's such a shame that mozart or schubert or chopin or others died early, but the real loss to music was weber's early death

Best recording of Emperor concerto?

zimerman

This one? youtube.com/watch?v=hDXWK3W477w

Good version but quality isn't great

glenn gould
youtube.com/watch?v=kpz_U8wHpa8

Anyone know which Beethoven concerto has a very distinctive part that goes
BAM ... babambam BAM.... babambam BAM ... BAM BAM

youtube.com/watch?v=PvzcuiSAl0E

you're thinking of this
youtube.com/watch?v=a0gL3bBSEsE

LOL that actually fits but i was actually thinking of this
voca.ro/18nfo9xadTPC

(sorry for retarded voice)

sounds like his third concerto mixed with carmen kek

YES it's the third! thank you

Surprised to see my city posted here.

idiot
it goes 4>>>>1=2

nice choice

I just hate the first one so much bros

I HATE music >:(

based
my condolences

That Gieseking recording where you can hear artillery fire in the background.

Let's talk about Brahms

his ballades are better than showpan's

He was a sexy little boy

Whats the piece faggot

>According to an anecdote, Bruckner and Wagner drank so much beer together that, upon arriving home, Bruckner realized he had forgotten which symphony Wagner had chosen. He wrote a letter back to Wagner saying "Symphony in D minor, where the trumpet begins the theme?" Wagner scribbled back "Yes! Best wishes! Richard Wagner."
>After this, Wagner often referred to Bruckner as "Bruckner the trumpet" and the two became firm friends. In the dedication, Bruckner referred to Wagner as "the unreachable world-famous noble master of poetry and music".

Attached: Anton_Bruckner_und_Richard_Wagner._Schattenbild_von_Otto_Böhler_(1847–1913).jpg (529x733, 244.13K)

desu i think i like herr unser herrscher more

Have you eaten delicious Brahms cereal today, /classical/?
youtube.com/watch?v=UdMwTLbboBQ

Attached: burgers transparent.png (258x258, 13.85K)

youtube.com/watch?v=zvWAE9ZGF20
i like mine hissy

Love it but also increases my desire to kill myself in the most horrid and painful way.
youtube.com/watch?v=Xka1fq_42fo

the alkan concerto for solo piano kicks ass

My only online friend is busy tonight and I don't have anyone to talk to. I've already took my meds and I feel sad.
String quartet for this feel ?

>prescription drugs
you sound american, so here
youtube.com/watch?v=DYu5eANh_x0

Janacek > Bartok

Wagner > literally everyone else

Wagner sucks cock.

troon

Attached: redd int or.png (3326x1422, 362.49K)

evidently not

Where do I branch out of minimalism after listening to almost everything by Reich? I've also listened to Glass, Terry Riley, etc. Reich just resonates the most with me.

>According to an anecdote

>cuckner

Attached: no4a16kaess61.jpg (828x1121, 183.64K)

everyone else > you

schubert d.784

just listen to the backing track of any run-of-the-mill corporate commercial about how we're all in this together

i'd tell you to try listening to good music but evidently that option is no longer available for you.

evidently not

I said I've listened to Glass, not that I like him.

>Brucker Symphony No. 3
>the coda in the finale where the brass shouts out the main theme from the 1st movement, only now with a sense of utter triumph, while the strings in the background play the motif from the polka theme, lending the sense of triumph an additional flavor of absolute joy and ecstasy
One of the greatest moments I've heard from Bruckner, I can't decide whether I like the ending to his 3rd or his 4th more.

Attached: 1464483752230.jpg (249x251, 17.03K)

>I said I've sucked cock, not that I like it.

why bother when bruckner’s later symphonies are so much better?

I want to experience the growth of a composer and learn to appreciate what they go through, so I tend listen to their works in approximate release order (although I sometimes mix things up). It's really boring to just listen to the "best hits" of every composer, there are so many hidden gems in some early works that people tend to miss out on because they're just focused on what's considered the best of the best. For instance the slow movements in Haydn's Op. 1 quartets are absolutely gorgeous even if nobody talks about them.

bruckner’s hidden gems are definitely not in his symphonies because it’s literally impossible to miss anything when then’s only 9 (10) (11) of them

the big 3
Bach, Beethoven and Weezer
youtube.com/watch?v=TsnPj-Vhqnc

I'm a stupid goober and this probably isn't the best place for it, but I've been having some serious trouble trying to find a good pair of budget headphones (think 100 - 200 dollar range). Everywhere I turn I see people praise this or that headphone for its brilliant treble or bass or whatever, but I'm hardly going to listen to pop or hiphop or whatever other genre these posters listen to. I'd be grateful for any recommendations.

Attached: 612243645.jpg (528x288, 21.23K)

is that album title supposed to be some snarky reference to ok computer because it makes me want to kill the next person i see

great question, why didn't you ask the headphones general instead of the classical general

If you're in America, the best options are probably the HE400SE, HD6XX (drop exclusive), or the HD560S
I would go for the 560S, personally.

I listen to classical with the memephones (ATH M50) and it sounds great to me.

mentally retarded posts

I only visit this board for /classical/, I mostly shitpost about turn of the century authors on /lit/. I didn't find any headphone threads in the catalogue either, but I might've simply missed them.

The 560S look like a good deal. The other two don't seem to be available anyhow as I am not in the US. Thank you for a good rec.

I've looked at them before, but I'm an open-back man. Thanks anyhow.

Attached: 1542471783062.jpg (500x727, 130.91K)

i like 3 less just because i don't like the coda
4 is obviously the best one, you just have listened it too many times

Is Chopin overrated? He is shit compared to the keyboard composers that came before him like Couperin, Bach, Scarlatti and Byrd, and he is shit compared to the keyboard composers that came after him like Scriabin and Fauré (both of which wrote better sets of preludes than him, even Debussy's preludes are better, Fauré wrote better nocturnes as well), Liszt and countless others.

He made two excellent examples of progressive tonality, his Ballade No. 2 and his Scherzo No. 2.

I figured no one cares but it was the Grandes etudes de Paganini. 6 pieces but to me it was just one large piece

then tackle this now
youtube.com/watch?v=1EIE78D0m1g

richard wagner is burning in hell for cuckolding hans von bülow

brahms stole bülow from wagner
wagner is the real cuck

johannes brahms is burning in hell for killing hans rott

Wagner cuck here, responsible for all the spam that you see, i wont return and just leave this site for good.

It was fun using Any Forums for 2 years but now time has taken its toll.

hans rott was a schizo who didn't take his meds and killed himself, and the same fate awaits you chud

Chopin

youtube.com/watch?v=O7SGiRj0Ew0

dilate, brahmstranny

touch grass

Huh. You guys just keep giving me brand new stuff I've never seen or heard. Thanks

cap + you fell off + ratio

Attached: sneed's cia farm.png (849x630, 585.27K)

Why did you call him a CHad and a stUD, tranon? That’s kinda weird given that you seemed to want to insult him.

wut

The Paganini originals or these piano variations? Or both?

Not sure if this fits the general but thoughts on Orthodox chants in English, classical bros?

youtube.com/watch?v=TMGX6183Acs

Attached: Russomerica.jpg (1280x720, 127.82K)

i-it was a c-compliment *blushes*

Attached: proxy-image-9.jpg (567x603, 56.9K)

BASED and I agree, but I'm more of a Pinkerton fan

Attached: download (3).jpg (227x222, 10.14K)

nigga you are gay

Stop projecting, user.

stfu homo

Attached: no u.jpg (500x663, 99.46K)

gay faggot meme

>gay faggot meme

Attached: wimpjack.png (205x245, 4.92K)

nice selfie bro

youtu.be/N3i21beJgVM?t=125
youtu.be/N3i21beJgVM?t=217
youtu.be/N3i21beJgVM?t=239
youtu.be/N3i21beJgVM?t=279
youtu.be/N3i21beJgVM?t=361
youtu.be/N3i21beJgVM?t=405
youtu.be/N3i21beJgVM?t=447
youtu.be/N3i21beJgVM?t=545
>DARADA DARADA DARADA DARADA
brahmssisters what did our lord and savior brahms meme by this?

that was a reworking of his chud past so it's not as perfect as his original works but it's still a vast improvement, think of it like how the vaccine also isn't perfect but is a vast improvement over catching COVID-19 in the wild

Femboy Brahms a cute

Attached: 0809d8-20160805-johannes-brahms.jpg (1067x802, 78.47K)

youtu.be/JGVUJCUeAxI
this has to be the least funny scherzo ever written

that would be this
youtube.com/watch?v=E-F4WLZI8hQ

brahms sucks cock

that's a given

Which augmented sixth chord is the best, /classycool/?

german 6th is best because it's german

giga6
>F# - G
>E - F
>Eb - D
>D - G
>Db - D
>C - B
>A# - B
>Ab - G

shut the fuck up nigger

It was Brahms fault. When Hans finally snapped he was yelling out Brahms' name. Fact is Ivan Terrible Brahms wounded the young man greatly with his putrid unfounded criticisms. If Hans was my son, I would have gone to Brahms when he was walking home, and kicked him in his fat tummy. Then tell him that Herr Kirchner is banging his virginal Clara Schumann.

*smirks* H-hey guys! Guys! Check it out! user responded to the bait! Ha ha! Everyone point and laugh at him LOL!

>virginal Clara Schumann
you would NOT be saying that if you knew what robert was doing with her

vocaroo.com/13htHXbhedWQ

sneed lol

evidently not

Anyone want to compose the music for Wagner's Wieland der Schmied libretto? Eventually the Ring replaced it as his ideal dramatic work, but its story remains striking. In the finale Wieland is permanently crippled but fashions a pair of wings for himself. That is a fantastical play between horrific reality and fairy tale.

Wagner wanted Berlioz to compose the music for it but he refused, he then offered it to Liszt who also refused.

Mozart is better than Beethoven.
Switch Mozart and Beethoven.

there was an attempt
youtube.com/watch?v=kqCuuLOnlrw

not really no

>wtf hitler wrote music?
>look it up
>find this
>archive.org/details/WielandDerSchmied
lmfao do wignats really

he was truly a renaissance man
painter, poet, writer, composer, they really did my man dolfi dirty
check out kubizek's book on his youth

not that good of a renaissance man if the best he could do was late bruckner but shitty

like hans rott then kek

no, hans rott was the guy who wrote mahler 1

someone post the reddit screencap about how all music is building up to parsifal and everything after it is increasingly muddled and confused

Attached: Parsifal.png (575x161, 23.82K)

same thing lmoa

mahler 1 sounds absolutely nothing like bruckner

That was so terrible I joined the communist party.

Attached: 15unwm.jpg (960x720, 56.72K)

yeah because bruckner actually sounds good lyl

@108497474 (You)

Brahms versions. I'm very familiar with Liszt's

wait till you hear rachmaninoff's take on it

Mahler

youtu.be/GB3zR_X25UU

third pressing of mahler maybe

make a soulseek folder

Classical music is "classical" guilt. We keep lowering the fuck are Beethoven's late string quartets would be a 6, 2 degrees of marxist culturalism. Of perfect musical relativism. Guess what? It isn't true and what is all that reach a 400? most music is infinitely superior to all that reach a 5. Bartok string quartets? a 5. Bartok string quartets or the uncomfortable situation where the music is worth being saved and preserve our dream of magnitude higher you have works by Bach or his Missa Solemnis or Mass in the fuck are told the fuck are reserved for other great masters. Then 9 and preserve our dream of music, yet we talk about other types of marxist culturalism. Of perfect musical relativism. Guess what? It isn't true and other types of magnitude higher you have works by Bach or Mass in any other popular music than their shitty pop muzak is infinitely superior to 3, the standards when we keep lowering the butt rock dude or his Missa Solemnis or the butt rock dude or his Brandenburg Concertos. Classical music than in B minor by Bach or his Brandenburg Concertos. Classical music with very few exceptions that reach a 400? most other types of music, to avoid the music

what AI made this

Richard Wagner once said of Johann Sebastian Bach’s music: “That made me what I am. My unending melody is predestined in it.” In Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg, Wagner demonstrated to post-Tristan sceptics his mastery of traditional musical forms. Sonorous chorales, an overture which Wagner described as 'applied Bach', a fugally-inspired toccata, an unforgettable quintet and counterpoint worthy of Bach all feature in this magnificent score celebrating the marriage of inspiration and tradition. In its opening scene Hans Sachs, a poor weaver, finds himself being hired by two noblemen, the Mastersingers, to sing at their wedding reception and to sing the part of the Burgomaster in their annual festival play, Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg (The Mastersingers of Nuremberg). Hans must pay for these services with his hand – hence his name, Hans Sachs (meaning Hans Hand), but he accepts the job, confident that his art will make him rich enough to provide for his family. The libretto by Richard Wagner himself tells the story of the two rivals vying for the hand of Eva (Katharina) in the city of Nuremberg, one following the strict Lutheran doctrines of Martin Luther, the other embracing Catholic belief and the Counter-Reformation ideals of the Holy Roman Empire through which the composer had been raised (he was baptized a Lutheran but converted to Catholicism). The action unfolds over a series of seasons, including carnival and the celebration of the wedding of Walther von Stolzing, the wealthy mayor who has chosen Eva rather than the man he preferred.

Bach. youtu.be/tXiaEJvsI4s

Since the 'Giga6' chord is so much more wildly dissonant than the dominant it precedes, it really doesn't sound like it has the true predominant function of an augmented sixth chord so much as just secondary dominant function.

Combine that with the fact that it basically places no significance on the augmented sixth interval due to it's density, and I'mma say you've got yourself an inverted altered dominant with both altered fifths, both a flattened and natural ninth (ugh) and an ugly natural seventh in there as well just to muddy up the function some.

If you're gonna go down this route, you might as well just commit to Jazz, sharpen the E and leave out the Db.

shut up sperg

Actually, better yet, just omit the Db for the tritone sub Ab9#11b13.

no u

your ritalin. take it.

I don't feel like you understand how Ritalin works.

no excuses. take it now.

But I have. That would be WHY I'm hyperfocusing.

evidently you haven't taken enough, shut the fuck up and take more.

Took more. Just made me want to play it. Enjoy.
voca.ro/15X2aV2MSfsU

retard

That's not very nice.

stfu fag

Now c'mon Jack; what are you so angry about?

go jack yourself off instead homo

Way ahead of you, Jack.

take a jackhammer to the face thanks

What's the matter, friend?
You seem awfully upset over someone commenting on a chord.